Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed15Aug12 - Market Graphs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 22:45
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Originally posted by JimJams JimJams wrote:

I only have a complaint: grapes

Trading will need ages to start working, especially not Centrum hubs.

I'm a little surprised that I am the only Trader at Glinntre so far.  I'm there and open for business!  Come on down!

No way we can have multiple local markets working. Second trader cost is 1 barrel, third 2 barrels.... 
Unlikely you can have mass distributed market in less than a few YEARS.

Not kidding.

I think this should be revised.

Raritor View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 23:47
It's hardly impossible for most of us having more than 1 trader. I also agree that something must be done.
Salararius View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 00:58
Wait 2-3 days, I bet there will be a lot more traders then.

abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 01:09
My trader in Gajik Festral is lonely. Anyone headed there any time soon?
Bonfyr Verboo
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 08:45
Maybe King Sigurd should offer Elgean lords a round of his finest red to speed up the trade and loosen the tongues ;)
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 14:18
I really liked to research either "gatherer guilds + record keeping" for gatherer towns, or "merchant guild + trade office" and so on for trader towns.  Meanwhile it turns out that gatherer towns also need the "merchant guild + faction markets" research if they want to send their stuff to the trader at the hub, and trader towns also need the "record keeping" research if they want to research the new market graphs skills. Ermm
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 14:29

Second trader cost is 1 barrel, third 2 barrels....
You are joking...

Not kidding.
...not? Shocked

They should let us "trade" four settlers for one barrel for a limited time to kick start trade v2, today would be soon enough.
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 15:01
Localizing trade requires players to not send traders everywhere. 

Wait a few months and see how it plays out. I'm sure the markets will be thriving with goods before Christmas.

Salararius View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 15:17
I've found dozens of grape plots without really looking too hard at the map.  No, they aren't near me but I stumbled on them while looking around.  I've harvested some grape plots and was able to pull 1,000 grapes/day every two days without making a den't in the number of grapes left (until people parked armies on those plots).  I think you can probably pull 1,000/day every day from a grape plot.  With those guesses that's about 30,000 grapes/day or 2,700 barrels of wine/year, just from the limited portions (<1%) of the map I've seen.  I imagine there are enough grapes out there to make at least 10,000 barrels/year or 800 traders/month or 5-6 traders/hub/month (plus all those 1st traders who don't need any wine).

I don't think trading will happen instantly (it takes a while to build a trader, not to mention that many people had to destroy buildings to make the trader buildings and then there is the research, etc...) but it will happen.  Since traders never die (how would you kill one) I think over time we will see plenty of them to get trade moving even if you assume most of the wine/grapes get hoarded.

JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 15:26
Originally posted by Salararius Salararius wrote:

I've found dozens of grape plots without really looking too hard at the map.  No, they aren't near me but I stumbled on them while looking around.  I've harvested some grape plots and was able to pull 1,000 grapes/day every two days without making a den't in the number of grapes left (until people parked armies on those plots).  I think you can probably pull 1,000/day every day from a grape plot.  With those guesses that's about 30,000 grapes/day or 2,700 barrels of wine/year, just from the limited portions (<1%) of the map I've seen.  I imagine there are enough grapes out there to make at least 10,000 barrels/year or 800 traders/month or 5-6 traders/hub/month (plus all those 1st traders who don't need any wine).

I don't think trading will happen instantly (it takes a while to build a trader, not to mention that many people had to destroy buildings to make the trader buildings and then there is the research, etc...) but it will happen.  Since traders never die (how would you kill one) I think over time we will see plenty of them to get trade moving even if you assume most of the wine/grapes get hoarded.

So, we will spend hours looking the map, to find grapes 500 squares from us, then we send (an army? a cotter?) and we hope it will not bounce someone, or kill some other cotters. This every other day.

Is this adding fun to the game ?

Am I the only one bored about this ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic