Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed11AUG12 - MAJOR RELEASE (Trade)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 20:54
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

My questions are:

--Does this, in essence, create a "safe hoarding area" where folks can put all their gold and goods where they are totally safe from thieves and armies?

--What impact does this have on the value of thieves and thieving? How about conquest strategies (as they no longer can wipe out enemy wealth)? (and other associated strategies)

--Can you now have players who, even though they have very few cities (they were all taken away from them, for example) still have vast power in the game through their untouchable wealth?

-- Does this make the currently very wealthy players harder to unseat (the simple fact that I ask this is proof that I am a man of the people and a simple, harmless, proletariat farmer)?  ;)

--Are the GMs planning on introducing the ability to thieve opponents offices in hubs at some point in the future? (industrial espionage?)

I don't have any judgement or commentary on the above, just thought the questions might be useful to ask...

Roland Gunner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 21:28
Sal.. a few quick points..

1.  I had already exited the Cow market, so the prices you are looking at are already manipulated by the new system.  I had buy orders up at 833 the day the patch hit, and as high as 866 the week before.

2.  Most larger traders use the 3k lot as a whole Lot.  Odd lots (less than 3k) are basically ignored.  Most larger traders have billions of gold, dealing with 100's of an item is not worth the time.

3.  Although the Devs have talked about inflation, they have to be talking about the inflation of the Gold Supply on the server, not inflation of adv resource prices.  Prices have gone down for over a year.  As a trader that was fine, since I was always trying to keep my inventory relatively low.  If you were a buy and hold investor in Illy, you have lost gold value.

I think we are confusing two questions.

1.  Will the changes allow for traders to still prosper?

2.  Will the average player still have access to liquid markets were the buy and sell spread is around 10%?  If not, is that a bad thing for Illy? 

Although I'm in contact with most of the major traders in the game, I never tried to collude with them to manipulate prices.  Everyone I talked with was trying to help out their own alliance, but also had the good of the market at heart.  The Devs have stated that they hope this patch changes that. 

I guess we will see how it all turns out. 

R.

P.S...  I had the same question about the future of thieves in the game, looking forward to that question being answered...

Edited by Roland Gunner - 13 Aug 2012 at 22:40
N. Chadgod View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 00:58
Originally posted by dunnoob dunnoob wrote:

When I look at clay, buy some clay, and then looking again at clay click "place buy order" the default wood makes no sense, it should be clay.

I know this is minor but I agree and would like to see this changed.
It's beyond fairytale, it's inconceivable!
Ossian View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 01:07
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

[QUOTE=Kumomoto]My questions are:...

-- Does this make the currently very wealthy players harder to unseat (the simple fact that I ask this is proof that I am a man of the people and a simple, harmless, proletariat farmer)?  ;)

LOL - Vintage Kumo...and if GM Luna hadn't have locked the thread you would have been rewarded with your rightful place in "Hall of Infamy" for that quote alone Wink
nitin2011 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 19:02
How do i download "complete numerical data" where my trader is ?

PS: Ihave already done "Market Ledger" research and cant find this option.
nitin2011 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 10:41
Looks like I cannot modify my orders at hub, I have completed "Efficient Trading" research ?
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:24
Originally posted by nitin2011 nitin2011 wrote:

How do i download "complete numerical data" where my trader is ?

PS: Ihave already done "Market Ledger" research and cant find this option.
Click "data" on at the bottom of the graph then the red "download csv" button
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:25
Originally posted by nitin2011 nitin2011 wrote:

Looks like I cannot modify my orders at hub, I have completed "Efficient Trading" research ?
You can modify sell orders (as they are the only ones you pay tax on), on the Sell offers page of the Faction hubs. This is where it shows only your offers.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:52
, i noticed in your chat that you were considering allowing alliances to restrict who can buy....bad idea....this is an old server and its already controlled by a few older players, too many naps and confederations, now trading of certain rare items is going to be controlled by them by  too, a player will have no choice but to join them and be controlled by all their silly rules of how to play, we already seeing players joining these over- powerful groups to have access to rare items, trade might be the only way independent players might be able to obtain them.....i hate lemmings
nitin2011 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 12:24
A fibonacci series for trader .. this is not fair ... :(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic