Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2012 at 20:27
Originally posted by LadyLuvs LadyLuvs wrote:

Originally posted by Sloter Sloter wrote:

LadyL could it be that you already have 20 sov tiles with buildings and that you have claimed 21st sov tile on which you can not construct new buildings due to 20 building limit?That might explain situation with water sov you can not use.

Nope only have 12 in that city.  This is what it looks like on my screen.

Have you researched Handfishing in this city?  If you haven't done the research, then the building will not be available.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 12:57
Originally posted by RatuJone RatuJone wrote:

Is there a reason why I cannot leaf through the Herald? I normally play Illy on FF and returning from vacation I am confronted with the new layout. So far most functions seem to work Ok but I cannot read beyond the 1st 2 pages of the Herald. I have turned off the Butler and Illytools still no luck. Even opening the game in Chrome with all extensions disabled... still no movement! What am I doing wrong?
This is now resolved.
Cleopatra View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 07:10
I don't know if this is a problem with the user interface, or if the game always did it, but I have noticed that if you try and look at anything on the Illyriad official website it logs you out of the game. For example, I was trying to look over some of the state tables for the troops in the game that are posted on the website, and every time I opened up the links in another tab it kicked me out of the game.  Is it supposed to do that?  I guess it might be set up that way for some reason in order to keep people from logging into multiple accounts at one time, but I wasm't on the login screen.  Just viewing the game overviews. 

I also have gotten error messages in the compose mail screen several times. I am to the point that I don't even type my messages up in the mail screen anymore because they just end up getting deleted somehow halfway through typing em.  I just type whatever I am writing up in notepad then copy and paste it into a new message in its entirety.  I hate retyping long letters 3 or 4 times cause I lost em. lol.

Also, I have been having trouble with the little green and blue icons that pop up over the icons at the top of the interface indicating you have goods incoming/buildings upgrading/production going on etc.  Particularly the icons over the building menu.  They virtually never work when I click on them, just act like they are not buttons at all.  Sometimes if I log out and back in they will work, but as soon as I so anything like upgrade a building or make some diplos, they stop functioning again. 

Also, while I like the interface while using my computer, hover menus do NOT work well on any kind of touchscreen device.  I have multiple android tablets plus an android phone, and the game really does not work on any of them, and it is down right dangerous to browse researches on one. I was looking around the game on one of my tablets during my lunch break yesterday and thought I would read up on what some of the different researches do.  The research descriptions are accessed on a computer using a hover gesture, by simply pausing the mouse pointer over whichever one you want to view. On a computer this works great. On a touchscreen, there is no hover gesture.  Generally, the hover gesture gets converted into a tap gesture on a touchscreen device.  Not so for Illyriad, I have discovered. Tapping a research box starts that research if you have enough research points available and space in the research queue. I inadvertently told the game to start a 3 day research that I definitely did not intend to start. Lol. I didn't even know what it was and just wanted to read the description.  I definitely won't be making that mistake again! LOLThe gestures could definitely use some reworking for mobile device compatibility.  
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 14:50
I haven't had the experience of being logged out when I view the stats page, forum, or other pages.

I also don't get errors when composing mails.

I suggest you file a petition with details about your browser version and OS and the nature of the errors as well as the logging out thing so that the devs can track the problems.  One thing that may be helpful to know is the "save" button in mail doesn't work and isn't supposed to work, so if you've been clicking on that, that could be giving you the error.
hiccup123 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 17:51
I'm having an issue with friends:

When I send an invite to someone, and they send me an invite before accepting my invite, and one of us accepts, each person is placed on the other's friends list twice. This also has the effect of showing a doubled population on the Favorites page.
Davaac View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 21:05
I know this is the wrong place for this, but I'm not sure what would be the correct procedure. I can't post to the forum. I hit create new post (or post reply) and it takes me to the normal create a post page, but I can't type anything into the actual message. The title works, all the script and font things work, but if I click in the box to type my message nothing happens, and my cursor doesn't change from an arrow to the text thing like it should. Any suggestions/fixes for this? 

(I am able to use a quick reply, which is why I can post this)

Edit: I can sometimes quick reply, and sometimes can't. I can also sometimes edit and sometimes can't. I have tried loging out and back in, closer my browser and restarting, clearing the cache, etc.

Edited by Davaac - 30 Jun 2012 at 21:11
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 02:45
I'm not sure this is a bug, but I was under impression that UIv3 was going to look like this LOL

bansisdead View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 16:07
The new (I think)player profile page located from the new forum sigs doesn't display alliance info correctly.  When you click on the sig which opens up the players illy profile, ALL players are 'Not affiliated with an Alliance' according to this profile page.  Its not a game killer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic