Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Emoticons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Emoticons
    Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 12:39
Dear devs,

I am sure you anticipated some conservative mumbling against replacing the yahoo emoticons with the new ones.

I am not conservative. I love new ideas.

But these new emoticons you created plainly suck. They are too dark. You have to look closer to the screen to actually see what they are doing.

I am in my AC and people cringe from typing Emoticons. And when they do automatically, they go  'oh sh*t'

Please fix this and get a normal set of emoticons. Smile

Edited by Captain Kindly - 22 Apr 2012 at 12:43
Captain Kindly View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 12:46
If you can't do emoticons, please let us use the typing that created them in the first place...
Casombra View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:02
I am very very VERY angry about the emoticons. They were what brought personality and fun into our chats. We were able to express our feelings much better with the old ones. Now they have been replaced with the UGLIEST emotes I have ever seen. They are BLOODY AWFUL!!!!! They do not express what we are trying to convey. Chatting is a HUGE part of this game and you have effectively destroyed a large part of the fun of this game now.

I also wanted to add. When all you can do is watch stuff build for long period of time.. all you have left is chatting and this has managed to destroy the joy and fun out of chatting with our alliance mates and the fun we had in AC. I am SO VERY angry about this!
ronm View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:07
plz plz bring back the emotes at least let us use in ac this was a big part of the game for me i really did enjoy using them and did i once spam with them plz im begging you thanks
Cry
Batrilicious View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:10
Hello Devs,

I dont doubt of the amazing artwork of the Gm about the emotions, tho i feel his art isnt appliable to this kind of game. Everyone misses the old ones, not to meantions this ones are far for beeing funny.
We wished Roftl , coffee and so much others to come back! U know Illy is a game of pacience and most people spend the time chatting and chilling around so they dont get themselves into a boring state. A wargame without war and a social game without funny....lol 
I know there are a lot of good changes but, and i apologize saying this to the GM responsable, but this wasnt sucessful.
everyone is claiming to want the old emos back and i think you guys should allow it! We are the ones socializing there daily.

Kindest Regards,
Batrilicious
Bonaparta View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:14
I like new emoticons.
Batrilicious View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:17
hey Bonaparta...as u can see your one in a few! i didnt meantiioned i didnt liked them! i did said the old ones were more funny and suited more the game!
Drydenn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:26
I'm coming down on the pro-new-emotes side.   I also thought the EVE luxury monocle was an amusing idea.   What can I say?  I am a dev whore.  Wink

Seriously, they are bit small, but other than that they are funny, and most importantly, unique to Illy now.  Race and gender specificity is another plus.  Having fewer of them means less focus on the emote spam fests which have been known to break out now and again, and makes the chat no less serious by their lack, if that is what anyone is worried about, judging from what's going on in there right now as I type. Big smile

As far as "express[ing] our feelings" I think we can do that with words quite nicely.  

Edited by Drydenn - 22 Apr 2012 at 13:27
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:37
I like the new emoticons too! Thumbs Up
Bard View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 13:53
Where is the coffee emoticon?   

Games are supposed to be fun for heaven's sake, why not keep the basic and very common ones? We play this game, not the devs, and most people didn't spam or irritate GC with them.  Some were a bit over the top, like the animated ones, but people liked the one's like the smiles and usual wave and cry ones.  

While female orcs have the ridiculous hairstyle given to them in the new images, I won't even be emoting a smile.  This is a great game, but not giving people choices is not the way to go.  I don't pay my prestige have features that are accepted throughout the gaming world completely disabled because a few people choose to occasionally spam emotes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic