FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed22Mar12 - Tournament Close

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 15:15
The open tourney gave everyone chance to understand the chemistry of the region and players around them. Alliance(s) from page 2 have won on more than one squares competing against the rest of Illy while some alliance(s) from page 1 couldn't win any - the results do not reflect the strengths of the alliances. Many factors - geography, history, neighbours, strategy and luck contributed to it. And most of all, we got to play with the finest players - from the pool of all awesome players around, both small and big. 

I am in favour of people wanting to join or quit alliances temporarily for tournaments though. Some people might want to return to their parent alliances, some might want to shift for strategy. It's all good. But people shifting alliances to change "leagues" is totally undesirable and in a different spirit. When there are more rules, there will be more exploits and less fairplay.

Faldrin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 15:43
I think people contested H? to little. Off course easy for me to say because Dlords was not close to any H? held spots.
But H? wanted to win the over all tournament so if people had contested them more early in the tournament on the squares they might have succeeded.

If you look at the defensive casualties H? got a lot of their spot "easily" so next time give them hell like Snugglers and  TCol did at our spots.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 16:04
Rank
AllianceTax Rate
Members
Population
7 Dwarven Lords [Dlord] 2 % 72 3,432,500
31 SnugglersCrowalition [HUGcr] 0 % 77 914,301
35 The Colony [TCol] 1 % 37 835,938

#1 alliance fighting against #2 alliance for a square... that I call a tought fight.

#7 alliance getting "hell" from #31 and #35 alliances? Are you Serious?

Sometimes I am worried about who I am supposed to be calling my "ally"....
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 16:35
Kidding?
Really?
Another thread skewed to talk about Harmless (?). Getting beyond a bore.
People. Get a life. Or as my dear ol Nan used to say 'Mind your own business and one day you'll have business of your own to mind.'

Random thought to encourage more competition to even said field: Allow confederations to hold squares. IE Bring diplomacy into the fray.
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
Mandarins31 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 17:03
Confederations tourney sounds fun :)

edit: though, that would need to update diplomacy first... or there could be lots of confusion. alliance 1 conf with B, both holding the square is correct... but alliance C comming while confed with B but not with A doesnt seem correct... or maybe it would let open some betrayals... but it would mostly bring mistakes and lots of cahos if confed arent seen as a same group (you cant be confed with an alliance if dont want to be confed with the other alliances this alliance is in confed with)

Edited by Mandarins31 - 30 Mar 2012 at 17:08
John Marston View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 17:46
I just hope the next tournament is on soon!

Edited by John Marston - 30 Mar 2012 at 17:47
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 18:03
I don't mind this thread being about H? this time.  We did a phenomenal job in the tourney. The suggestions, coordination, patience and overall enthusiasm of all our members helped ensure we not only met our goals but did so in a big way. 

I made mention on GC but I will also now post here a special kudos to StA, who was the only alliance to actually push us off a square while it was a primary target of ours. 

Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 18:04
I think a confederacy tournament would be a nightmare to code and track as Mandarins31 example is but the tip of the iceberg.  
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 18:12
Originally posted by Anjire Anjire wrote:

I think a confederacy tournament would be a nightmare to code and track . . .
Yes, a nightmare for sure!

The way I see it, it would be neat if all the squares were open to all alliances, but each square has a limit (e.g. a cap on population for the attacker or something similar).  So it would work as follows:

If I have 50k population, I can only attack squares that are between 50-75k range.  I could not send any armies to a 25-50K square, but someone else in my alliance could.  So in overall, all alliances could fight on all squares - but depending on the players size, some squares are restricted/off limits...

Again, undoubtedly a nightmare for coding. 
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Faldrin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 18:35
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

Rank
AllianceTax Rate
Members
Population
7 Dwarven Lords [Dlord] 2 % 72 3,432,500
31 SnugglersCrowalition [HUGcr] 0 % 77 914,301
35 The Colony [TCol] 1 % 37 835,938

#1 alliance fighting against #2 alliance for a square... that I call a tought fight.

#7 alliance getting "hell" from #31 and #35 alliances? Are you Serious?

Sometimes I am worried about who I am supposed to be calling my "ally"....

My point was that small alliances DID have a chance if they would have taken it.

Look at the list of casualties inflicted in each region.
The 3 regions Dlords won is all in top 12, meaning we did have a fight for all our spots.

What TCol did very well was to contest a spot close to them and others should have followed their example.

I advocated at some point for a tournament that would keep the "normal" alliances meaning you could not attack allied spots and could help defend them as normal battles. That could hopefully weed out some of the way to many NAPs out there and confederates also if an alliance think they can do all by them self Wink

But maybe "hell" was to strong a word.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic