Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The History of Illyriad (incomplete)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 17:50
John Louis

I respect what you said, and ultimatum may be a fair view. If so, H? have given many themselves. When they destroyed Consone, and EE was the last alliance that had not yet surrendered, they could  have done just as you suggested. They did not. We had to publicly surrender, and accept punitive terms for reasons such as i've already mentioned.

Ceasefires are not viable in a game like this, since the time is used to rebuild military, etc. I'd be more than happy to consider "real terms". I don't think just stopping the hostilities is an option, some sort of post war actions or agreements are going to be a must. Speaking solely for myself here and not as part of EE's Council, I'm not a fan of punitive terms, especially demanding further cities. Nor do I want exorbitant resources paid, or florid public surrender statements.

I don't believe we have ever received even an idea from Team A of a starting point for discussing ways to end this. Aside from the just stop thing, which is obviously a non-starter. There are many of us who would like to hear a truly honest response as to a realistic settlement of the war.

And my thanks to you for the chance to have a rational discussion. Apologies to Nokigon if this has lead away from your thread. I'm happy to continue in IGM.

"War is the father of all things..."
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 21:55
Originally posted by Mr Damage Mr Damage wrote:

Perhaps not in your forums, I was referring more to GC comment.

There is your difference.  Your side has stated officially to the coalition that if alliances do not surrender they will be destroyed.  H? never made such a statement in the last war and were in fact very careful not to remove more than a certain fraction of any players account (with the occasional exception).

What we did say was - you can surrender now and your alliance will lose X cities or you can keep fighting and lose more than X.  "more than X" != "all your cities".

Bellus - Your alleged reason for war is that H? and their allies did things that were "bad".

If you have done and continue to do those same bad things (and worse) then (a) that makes you hypocrites and (b) it makes mockery of your justification for war in the first place.

"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 02:18

Edited by The Duke - 22 Mar 2014 at 03:59
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 03:41
This discussion should be taken elsewhere. It is not history.
Bonfyr Verboo
dantem View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 10:35
noki can continue the story?? It was good learning about the history...but would like to know more including what caused the current war...lots of people are sayin different things...
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramouche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 07:29
as long as NOK's opinion on the reasons for this war  are a true as possible otherwise it could be perceived as being biased considering he was on one side of this current war.
In which case would cause others to argue and turn this thread into a heated debate and the thread being closed.
NO..I dont do the Fandango!
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 10:18
1) A biased opinion is still a useful one from the point of view of relevant history.
2) The only people who truly know what happened are the alliance leaders in the war, all of whom are biased.
3) I will attempt to make my account as unbiased as possible.
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2014 at 15:15
Havoc war against Knights Templar

This is my perspective of the war between Havoc and Knight's Templar (some taken from my profile page). I was a new member and part of HAVOC at the time. I was not an officer, but just a lowly grunt with a hunger for battle. Johnny112 was the driving force behind HAVOC, and was a prominent member of the GC community at the time. 

--------------------

Both located in Keshalia, HAVOC soon entered a territorial dispute with Knights Templar, who was primarily lead by STJude. Words were spoken and later regretted by HAVOC in global chat. HAVOCs diplomatic officer at the time made some threats and promises in GC, that STJude used as a rallying point against HAVOC. HAVOC tried to make ammends for the ill comments, but the damage was done and WAR broke out. 

KT and HAVOC both being relatively new to Elgea, began small scale warfare. Thousands of troops were lost in the skirmishes and thousands of resource stolen by the thieves. Mages cast spell after spell to annoy the opposition. However KT always seemed one step ahead of HAVOC, and were able to successfully evade any coordinated effort HAVOC could put together.  KT attempted to siege Johnny112's town, but a few heroes come to HAVOC's rescue and broke the siege. But the war was far from over for Geofrey. Ultimatley KT won the war due to their superior numbers, timely coordination, and stronger public opinion. HAVOC conceded defeat and Knight's Templar gained prominance as a force to be reckoned with. 

After the initial war I broke out from HAVOC, and many of Keshalia Lords followed me in the exodus of HAVOC. Affirmative Action was created. An unlikely alliance of all races born out of the desire for action.  Their first mission was one of vengeance and justice. Geofrey had long detected a spy in the ranks of HAVOC. It was the only way KT could of attained the information they had durring the HAVOC KT war.

After performing my own investigation I sniffed out the spy, and began executing justice for traitors and spies. A coalition of allied forces from many alliances supported Geofrey's attack against the spy. My primary supporters of retribution against the spy was Amroth and Kale Weathers (Who founded The Colony). 

A siege was enacted and led by Geofrey's #1 Commander, Volstagg, to burn the enemy city to the ground for the lord's transgressions. The siege was a success and the city fell under Volstagg's command. The spy and traitor was a member of Knight's Templar at the time, But StJude had lost his mind and annexxed the majority of KT strongholds out of Keshalia. KT was unable to arrive in time to save the city from justice. 

After The city was gone, I declared peace with the player in question, saying we are even. 

Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 13:36
I'm still alive! Added 2012 events.

Also, I would like to make an open request for anyone interested. Generally in these histories I've covered why events have occurred and the significant events during the wars. However, I would be very interested in hearing your side of the events- but just your accounts of significant battles and whatnot during the war. I do NOT want a debate about why things have happened or disagreements with other people's versions of events; please IGM me if you have a problem with my account.

So, I'd be interested in hearing, for example, how you maybe defended your city from siege, maybe some of the larger events in your wars such as the fall of your enemy's capital, some of the larger attacks- maybe some battle reports. 
Chaos Armor View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos Armor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 21:43
Yay! Glad to see you're still updating it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic