illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TLR Plunder & Pillage Policy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 15:31
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

Hello,

I, as the current leader of The Long Road am publishing a public notice that all ex-members of The Long Road will be plundered solely by ~TLR~ to regain lost investments through member inactivity or treasonous behavior. Outside parties interfering with "retrieval" may face hostilities if ~TLR~ recieves jurisdiction from leadership to initiate said action.

Other players in the community may begin plundering ex-members of ~TLR~ one month after of the player being banished.

Sincerely,

Eternal Fire

Affirmative Action does not recognize your claim to un-allied cities. As set forth by the King of Illyriad, any holdings not part of an Alliance are not in anyway bound to an alliance. 

The Long Road is welcome to plunder any un-allied towns they wish, but they may not do so exclusively. 

Geofrey of Affirmative Action
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimJams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 18:09

Other players in the community may begin plundering ex-members of ~TLR~ one month after of the player being banished.

What do you mean with ex-members ?

1) Active player leaving your alliance?

2) Inactive players you kick ?

3) Suspended?

Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kumomoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 19:28
Geofrey-- Does Affirmative Action have a mandatory percentage of Orcs, Dwarves, or Elves in its alliance makeup? ;)

Edited by Kumomoto - 20 Jan 2012 at 19:29
geofrey View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geofrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 20:25
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

Geofrey-- Does Affirmative Action have a mandatory percentage of Orcs, Dwarves, or Elves in its alliance makeup? ;)

Affirmative. 
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ES2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 02:20

To alleviate any undue concerns or other nonsense we have:

An updated ~TLR~ Plunder & Pillage Policy

The Long Road declares by public notice that ex-members of The Long Road remain under protection of ~TLR~ in regards to plundering or any other aggressive act. In the event the ex-member has gone inactive, ~TLR~ retains the right to regain lost investments due to that inactivity. Should an ex-member be involved in treasonous behavior ~TLR~ will summarily punish the offender as it sees fit.

Protection ends for ex-members of ~TLR~ one month from the date of departure or when the ex-member has joined another alliance, whichever comes first.

Ex-member is defined as no longer on the ~TLR~ role call.

Sincerely,

Eternal Fire

Good job running a growing empire into the ground and straight into the fiery dephs of Hell, Bonfyr.

oh here, *hands over a handbasket*
You'll need this
Eternal Fire
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 19:13
Originally posted by ES2 ES2 wrote:

To alleviate any undue concerns or other nonsense we have:

An updated ~TLR~ Plunder & Pillage Policy

The Long Road declares by public notice that ex-members of The Long Road remain under protection of ~TLR~ in regards to plundering or any other aggressive act. In the event the ex-member has gone inactive, ~TLR~ retains the right to regain lost investments due to that inactivity. Should an ex-member be involved in treasonous behavior ~TLR~ will summarily punish the offender as it sees fit.

Protection ends for ex-members of ~TLR~ one month from the date of departure or when the ex-member has joined another alliance, whichever comes first.

Ex-member is defined as no longer on the ~TLR~ role call.

Sincerely,

Eternal Fire

Good job running a growing empire into the ground and straight into the fiery dephs of Hell, Bonfyr.

oh here, *hands over a handbasket*
You'll need this

He honestly couldn't do it without your help Eternal Flame!
Keep up the good work of... well not running an alliance?
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 03:16
Well, EF is still bitter and petty. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who is actually surprised by that.

TVM has indeed been hit very hard but there are some key differences in the way TLR ended and the current state of TVM.

First off, TVM still exists. I'm sure you and your loving friends in the Crow wings would argue it's not much of an existence but one can still view our profile and role call page. We are broken and bloody after the pile on but we are still living and doing our best to exist.

Next, the war that may finally destroy TVM was not started because leadership ignored efforts to avoid it. It started because EE decided to declare and attack without warning. Whether revenge, a major conspiracy to shift the balance of power in Elgea or something in between, there was no avoiding it.

The final difference I'd like to highlight is the fact that many of the members of TVM remain members. It is true that many have left for various reasons (mostly city preservation) but those that stay are not being held hostage and have been offered the opportunity to get out of the war by multiple sources. They could leave, yet do not. I count that as a major if not the main difference between the alliance you ran into the ground and the alliance I consider myself honored and seriously lucky to be a part of.
Bonfyr Verboo
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 16:24

First off, TVM still exists. I'm sure you and your loving friends in the Crow wings would argue it's not much of an existence but one can still view our profile and role call page. We are broken and bloody after the pile on but we are still living and doing our best to exist.

Actually we admire your commitment and determination to fight for what you believe in. We acknowledge that there's a certain difference of opinion regarding what the war is about, but we've come to terms with it. uCrow wishes TVM nothing but the best in either peace or war.

the war that may finally destroy TVM was not started because leadership ignored efforts to avoid it. It started because EE decided to declare and attack without warning. Whether revenge, a major conspiracy to shift the balance of power in Elgea or something in between, there was no avoiding it.

We were very clear that supporting or even joining RE during the war would be viewed as an escalation; and as such would lead to further escalation. I personally pleaded repeatedly with Nistiner to avoid an expansion of the war, but my pleas were ignored. That said, we expected TVM to cave after EE declared, but you chose to fight regardless. Generous surrender terms were offered early on, but you refused them then... and continue to refuse them now. So your assertion that the war and even destruction couldn't (can't) be avoided is simply false.

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."
Praetor Nistiner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetor Nistiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 00:07
Originally posted by Tamaeon Tamaeon wrote:

Actually we admire your commitment and determination to fight for what you believe in. We acknowledge that there's a certain difference of opinion regarding what the war is about, but we've come to terms with it. uCrow wishes TVM nothing but the best in either peace or war.

the war that may finally destroy TVM was not started because leadership ignored efforts to avoid it. It started because EE decided to declare and attack without warning. Whether revenge, a major conspiracy to shift the balance of power in Elgea or something in between, there was no avoiding it.

We were very clear that supporting or even joining RE during the war would be viewed as an escalation; and as such would lead to further escalation. I personally pleaded repeatedly with Nistiner to avoid an expansion of the war, but my pleas were ignored. That said, we expected TVM to cave after EE declared, but you chose to fight regardless. Generous surrender terms were offered early on, but you refused them then... and continue to refuse them now. So your assertion that the war and even destruction couldn't (can't) be avoided is simply false.

It was no plea it was a plain kick all tvm players out of  RE or things may escalate, U should know by now i dont take friedly to threats nor do i  bend over to them, I Made it clear TVM was in RE to defend against  the  3 Million Pop celtic knight alliance, I told u over and over they we`re just  in RE to defend and as long as iam concerned TVM members in RE did not attack CK or Ucrow players, And i dont personnaly like that EE is using  RE as an excuse for revenge  which is quite planely  noted in GC and so forth every time EE pops in all i hear is what did tvm and the coalition did in Consone?<Plain revenge had nothing to do with RE so seriously.

Edited by Praetor Nistiner - 17 Feb 2014 at 07:01
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 00:38
Tamaeon, you did not communicate with TVM, ever. To my knowledge, when we joined RE you were not involved at all and your war declaration came after we began joining. You never once addressed your demands to TVM.

From the beginning our players made it understood to RE leadership that they had to refrain from all offensive action and I communicated regularly with Prares, who declared his belief that we were sincere.

I never understood why Prares cut off our talks, at least not until it became clear to me why the current war was started.
Bonfyr Verboo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic