Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Illyriad Diplomacy Gifts [Community Suggestion]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIllyriad Diplomacy Gifts [Community Suggestion]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Felius View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Illyriad Diplomacy Gifts [Community Suggestion]
    Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 18:10
Illyriad Diplomacy Gifts

What is it?
A simple method of sending messages and expressing diplomatic relationship to other players by sending small symbolic gifts.

How does it work?
In real life, receiving a package with a precious stone probably has a different meaning to you than receiving a piece of sh*t. The first one indicates appreciation or the desire to establish a relationship while the second package is insulting and degrading.

IDGs aspire to do the same using caravans and ressources. Each ressource has a meaning and by sending one caravan with 1 piece of a certain ressource you're sending a gift and also a strong non-verbal message.

It's not the same sending 1 gold to someone than sending 1 sword.

Ressources and their meaning:

If you receive 1 piece of these ressources, it could have the following meaning:

Simple relationship
    Clay: “Disrespect” - “I don't like you.” or “I don't want to see you again” .

Wood: “First approach” - “Willing to communicate. I acknoweldge you as a player I want to have contact with and a healthy relationship”.

Stone: “A strong ally” - “I acknowledge you being a strong and valuable ally and/or value our strong, healthy, solid relationship”.

Iron: “Deep respect” - “I am impressed and show you a deep respect”.

Saddle: "Regret" - "I am sorry... I regret what I did."

Friendship relationship

Gold: “Simple appreciation” - “I like you, you seem to be nice.” or “I like what you said on the chat. You're kinda cool!”

Beer:  “Friendship” - “Let's be friends!” or “You're a good friend! Let me invite you to a drink”.

Food: “Deep appreciation” - “I trust you with my life” or “I love you”.

Trading relationship
    Horse: “Trading” - “I acknoweldge you as a respectable merchant and/or I would like to have a business relationship with you”. Or “Loved doing business with you.”

Political relationship
    Any weapon: “I hate you” - “I wish to destroy you” or “Expect my army”.

Cow: “You're weak” - “You're so weak, it's laughable” or “You stand no chance”.

Any armor: “I offer protection” - “If you're ever in trouble, I'll protect you”.

Books: “I offer help” - “If you ever need help, I'll be there for you”.

Responding correctly to a gift-message
If you want to accept the message, send the item back to it's owner.  For example, If someone sends you a barrel of beer in sign of friendship and you want to accept, just send it back.

If you do not accept, you may send back a different item or no item at all (silence is also an acceptable answer).

For example if you do not want to be a friend with someone who sends you a barrel of beer you can answer with 1 coin saying “no, thank you” or even with 1 clay: “Leave me alone!”

If no option seems suitable and you still want to answer in some way, just send a simple mail :P

--------------
This is the current suggestion

If you'd like to change something, make some remarks or you've got an idea to improve it, just say so :D
Opinions are appreciated. If a majority of you likes it we could start using it. So, what do you think?

Cheers!

Edited by Felius - 15 Jan 2012 at 18:12
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 22:43
Did you by any chance find Illyriad via Facebook?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 01:43
This would work better if we weren't so limited on caravans.  I tend to send beer in appreciation or congratulations myself.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 01:43
Oh, and I think a cow means "I want to marry your daughter."

Wink
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 03:09
Originally posted by Felius Felius wrote:

Illyriad Diplomacy Gifts

What is it?
A simple method of sending messages and expressing diplomatic relationship to other players by sending small symbolic gifts.

How does it work?
In real life, receiving a package with a precious stone probably has a different meaning to you than receiving a piece of sh*t. The first one indicates appreciation or the desire to establish a relationship while the second package is insulting and degrading.

IDGs aspire to do the same using caravans and ressources. Each ressource has a meaning and by sending one caravan with 1 piece of a certain ressource you're sending a gift and also a strong non-verbal message.

It's not the same sending 1 gold to someone than sending 1 sword.

Ressources and their meaning:

If you receive 1 piece of these ressources, it could have the following meaning:

Simple relationship
    Clay: “Disrespect” - “I don't like you.” or “I don't want to see you again” .

Wood: “First approach” - “Willing to communicate. I acknoweldge you as a player I want to have contact with and a healthy relationship”.

Stone: “A strong ally” - “I acknowledge you being a strong and valuable ally and/or value our strong, healthy, solid relationship”.

Iron: “Deep respect” - “I am impressed and show you a deep respect”.

Saddle: "Regret" - "I am sorry... I regret what I did."

Friendship relationship

Gold: “Simple appreciation” - “I like you, you seem to be nice.” or “I like what you said on the chat. You're kinda cool!”

Beer:  “Friendship” - “Let's be friends!” or “You're a good friend! Let me invite you to a drink”. <span ="ui-icon="" ui-icon-triangle-1-s"="" style="margin-left:auto" id="btnResource" title="Show Advanced Resources">

</span>     Food: “Deep appreciation” - “I trust you with my life” or “I love you”.

Trading relationship
     Horse: “Trading” - “I acknoweldge you as a respectable merchant and/or I would like to have a business relationship with you”. Or “Loved doing business with you.”

Political relationship
     Any weapon: “I hate you” - “I wish to destroy you” or “Expect my army”.

Cow: “You're weak” - “You're so weak, it's laughable” or “You stand no chance”.

Any armor: “I offer protection” - “If you're ever in trouble, I'll protect you”.

Books: “I offer help” - “If you ever need help, I'll be there for you”.

Responding correctly to a gift-message
If you want to accept the message, send the item back to it's owner.  For example, If someone sends you a barrel of beer in sign of friendship and you want to accept, just send it back.

If you do not accept, you may send back a different item or no item at all (silence is also an acceptable answer).

For example if you do not want to be a friend with someone who sends you a barrel of beer you can answer with 1 coin saying “no, thank you” or even with 1 clay: “Leave me alone!”

If no option seems suitable and you still want to answer in some way, just send a simple mail :P

--------------
This is the current suggestion

If you'd like to change something, make some remarks or you've got an idea to improve it, just say so :D
Opinions are appreciated. If a majority of you likes it we could start using it. So, what do you think?

Cheers!

-1 too confusing to have a different meaning for every resource

Edited by Gemley - 16 Jan 2012 at 03:12
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 05:35
I like to use my words.  It turns out language is the true universal language.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
Southern Dwarf View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 12:59
There are some insults in there which don't belong to Illy. Perhaps the thread starter should try a different game where he may insult more.
Also known as Afaslizo ingame.
Bartozzi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 05:36
I think this is a cute idea, but one that is probably more suited to actual Facebook games. Additionally, it would be beyond difficult to implement this in any sort of coherent way that the players could consistently agree upon. I also don't know how you'd alert every single player in the game about this resource messaging system.
Still, cute idea. This is just probably not the game for it.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 05:44
Ryelle sent one cow to the altar at the Rift.  Maybe she insulted the Lord of the Undead and caused him to unleash his hordes upon us!
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 17:23
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Oh, and I think a cow means "I want to marry your daughter."

Wink

I might have to send you a piece of food for that comment Rill. Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic