Topic ClosedWhite Company launches sneak attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Morturiax View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Company launches sneak attack
    Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 06:01

Just a little note letting everyone know that White Company launched a sneak attack on Southwestern Quadrant alliance since Saturday evening.

There had been some signs that they where planning this when earlier this week they started to cast blights on various towns of SWQ members.

Diablito in the meantime, unsuprisingly, send the founder of SWQ a threatening note that obviously it was us that had provoked this attack. No news there.

Anyway, I had a great night out and it's kinda funny to see this guy Selon Far has been at it all evening apparently Shocked well we'll see about damage control now.

Morturiax
Diablito View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 11:20
SWQ Members have been attacking smaller White Company members in the area, the White members in the area were given permission to strike back.

You made your bed now you lay in it, however I would like to point out that if this was war I would be de-levelling your buildings with siege weapons right now, this is merely a punitive action designed to teach you to behave.

You have been mailing our members trying to get them to join for some time now, that I don't mind, but when you start attacking our new players we pull your teeth.

If your leadership isn't aware of attacks by SWQ members on white members, then your leaders should have kept closer reins on their members, ignorance is not an excuse.

If any alliance member attacks White, White strikes back, attacking not only the specific alliance member but anyone of his alliance nearby as a punishment.

I sent you a mail to let you explain the situation, yet this is the response, I think you can safely assume that your alliance will not be removed from the allowed targets list anytime soon with this behaviour.

Though i recomend, you don't encourage us to move you from allowed targets to war.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 15:27
It sort of sounds like neither side (White Co and SW Quad.) is really interested in a war.

Is this a case of "You started it.  No, you started it."?

What is the reason for this war?  Each side retaliating for a preceived transgression of the other?
nonin View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 18:05
:) actually, I think White are happy to have a state of war :D
Selon Far View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 20:16
Yes, I wouldn't call this a sneak attack, I'd call it a massive escalation of hostilities.

Your member Nimrad has attacked both me (my armies holding a resource while collecting it) as well as attacked a fellow White member local to Nimrad.

I didn't bother too much about Nimrad attacking my troops in the field, but White's leadership announced that we were in a state of hostilities with SWQ based upon hostile actions from Nimrad, so I launched an assault against the three SWQ cities close by, that was Mort's main and second city, and Bulter's main city.  I lost some troops, SWQ lost some troops and some resources.

If it was war, there would be blockades and siege stuff going on. 

But, yes, it was a little fun being able to let the army loose.  Contrary to what it may seem, White members are held to strict requirements, we can't go out and fight without the targets being on our hostility list.  So my army was pretty anxious to get out and have some fun. 

A moment of silence for to honor the dead......

-Selon

HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 20:27
Didn't Diablito say that troops on resource plots were fair game?  What happened to that?  Turning around and counterattacking cities is clearly escalation regardless.
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 20:42
SWQ were attacking White's cities.
Thats what escalated this HM.
They moved first in attacking cities and we are retaliating.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 20:50
Gentlemen,

I keep hearing about who started it and who escalated it.  Is that productive?

If both parties relish war, then so be it.

If the parties desire resolution with de-escalation, then there should be some constructive discussion to resolve differences instead of placing blame.

As I see it, there is really no reason to fight a war in this game.  Resource production is infinite in our cities.  For all practical purposes, there is a limitless supply of open land to establish new cities.  Gatherable resources in the hinterlands re-spawn and can also be produced at home.

In short, it seems that the only reason for war in this game is simply the basest of human traits - Agression for the sake of Agression - I want it only because you have it.  Truly Freudian in the most dysfunctional sense.
Diablito View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 20:51
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Gentlemen,

I keep hearing about who started it and who escalated it.  Is that productive?

If both parties relish war, then so be it.

If the parties desire resolution with de-escalation, then there should be some constructive discussion to resolve differences instead of placing blame.

As I see it, there is really no reason to fight a war in this game.  Resource production is infinite in our cities.  For all practical purposes, there is a limitless supply of open land to establish new cities.  Gatherable resources in the hinterlands re-spawn and can also be produced at home.

In short, it seems that the only reason for war in this game is simply the basest of human traits - Agression for the sake of Agression - I want it only because you have it.  Truly Freudian in the most dysfunctional sense.

**** off carebear
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 20:53
To confirm this again.
SWQ is the agressor by attacking our cities first.

Diablito is in a strange mood i guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic