Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Undead Horde - Intro & Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Southern Dwarf View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 14:07
Nope, there isn't. As I explained the total loss of troops makes it impossible to carry on with the tournament in a reasonable way. Saves me ressources :P
Also known as Afaslizo ingame.
Faldrin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 14:36
Originally posted by Southern Dwarf Southern Dwarf wrote:

Nope, there isn't. As I explained the total loss of troops makes it impossible to carry on with the tournament in a reasonable way. Saves me ressources :P

Go leach at some allied big player ;-)
Koragg View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 15:36
Just a note that it's a New Moon, and that magic gets a bonus when there is a higher moon phase.

I expect on the full moon they'll be able to 'convert' more troops!
--------
Koragg, Faction Abassador for Dwarven Druids [Druid]
Phineous, Trade Co-ordinator for Fairy Road Authority [Roads]
Cerridwyn View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 18:11
This thread has gotten off topic and I refrained from commenting to it because compared to many of you, I am a n00b. However, I have been a part of the gaming community for almost 40 years and the online gaming community for about 15, give or take.

Games evolve. And they usually evolve slower than most of the players want them to. Sometimes they evolve in directions that existing players do not like and they search for greener pastures. Sometimes they come back to see what has changed, often they do not.

If the game does not evolve, it stagnates and dies. Simple. If you want Illy to stay the same forever (which no one here has mentioned) then it will dry up and die. If you want it to grow, there will be change. The most difficult thing for the coders is to test code. In most games they may have a small crew to test it on a second site but here we have touneys. They serve other purposes as well, but it is a great way to test code on a large scale. Will there be bugs in new code, almost absolutely. I have rarely met a coder that can create perfection. (The one I know is scary, his eyes will almost glaze over, and he starts literally speaking in code. And I am sure he makes mistakes, just very few of them.)

So let's rebuild our armies, let's kill as many of these undead abominations as we can. Because after all that is the goal, no?

Cerridwyn ~-~ Cerdwyn

surferdude View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 18:42
So what's better to go for the glory solo but risk getting wiped out early or to team up with alliance and get smaller gains but last till the end? (Or enven just to load all troops into one commander so it isn't shared across them)
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 20:02
This is my guess.  It is a guess only, based on what I've observed.

People who do not now have large armies would probably be better off banding together and sharing experience, or leaching off a player with a larger army, building up their armies and hoping that they can outbuild the zombie growth rate.  Get at least some exp but avoid major troop losses.

However, building up a huge army is not consistent with my game goals.  Since this is a tournament and is entirely optional, I think I might sit the rest of this one out, leveling my commander with small attacks against NPCs that will bear more fruits in experience than sitting around waiting to be attacked on the plains.

That's the beauty of tournaments.  If they're not consistent with our game goals or style of play, we can choose to focus on other parts of the delightful Illy sandbox.

I will remain avidly interested in the new iterations of zombies and other creations, so I hope people keep posting about their experiences.

I heard a rumor of dragons ...

Edited by Rill - 25 Dec 2011 at 20:03
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 21:12
Is anyone else's "Your commanders' positions in League A" now showing in reverse order?
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 21:16
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Is anyone else's "Your commanders' positions in League A" now showing in reverse order?

Yup. "And the last shall be first ..."

Very fitting for the season, doncha think?

Wink
GnuTri View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 22:01
I am one of those players that didn't have a big army to begin with (and it is even smaller now thanks to zombies!) but I will say this...

For one small moment I was top of my league and for that I am overjoyed! At first I wanted to see myself in the top 10 and now I am extremely happy to say I lead the leader board. Will I finish top? NO! Will I finish in the top 10? I seriously doubt it. It has been a lot of fun though and I'll join in again later if I am able. Thanks for the opportunity and Merry Christmas everyone Big smile
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 22:17
Well done GnuTri!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic