Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Undead Horde - Intro & Rules

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prometheuz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:34
Congratulations to the Devs team for this tournamement and the way in which both "The Rift" and "The Undead Tournament" have been prepared and and introduced thus far Smile
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 14:55
Any chance we could get links, so that we can see the complete listing for any specific league?
JimJams View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 17:46
It's just me or we have a lot more attack against camps in the Rift, compared to 1-2 attacks on Standing Stones ? If this is the case I have to say people with cities nearby the Rift have huge advantage...

Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 18:38
Maybe so.  But are there more than 1-2 attacks on any single space, or are there just a bunch of moving undead because there are so many different squares?
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 19:48
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I would love to help write tournament commentary if TD and Mana have to bow out.  Would it be possible to get battle reports from the Rift locations, and anything notable that happened at standing stones?  Otherwise Ryelle could scout Rift locations regularly to report when they change hands.

Rill,

Honestly, I can't think of an entertaining or informative approach to commentary on this tourney.  In many respects, this tourney is similar to the critter-killing tourney (#2) and I was stumped as to how to comment in an entertaining and informative manner on that one, too.   We can all see the daily standings for the top 10 of each group.  And essentially, this is a very passive tourney - set out an army and wait for it to get hit.  Replenish the army with troops when it is nearly depleted.

There might be some exciting developments if players start smashing competitors' armies - but only the 2 players involved would know that so they would need to report that to us.  However, except for the top 10, no one knows who to smash in their own league - say if #20 wants to slow down #19 - #20 doesn't know who #19 is so there is nothing to be done except wait for the zombie slot machine to generate a hit for #20.

Best of luck, Rill.
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 20:04
I believe this tourney will be different in many aspects. Too early to predict something.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 21:06
If undead numbers don't increase alot then I agree with TD - it will be an activity test like tourny #2.

I think I read that undead strength will increase... question will be to what extent.

Edited by Createure - 21 Dec 2011 at 21:10
Learner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 21:21
To continue that question, would the undead armies be limited in number/growth rate depending on the League the defending player is in? Or is it more of..by the end of the month, only the big players have enough troops to defend?
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 21:53
The fact that we can--indeed must--sit and wait for them to come to us is a huge difference from the click-fest of the previous tournament.  I can't think of a good strategy that requires being online more than twice a day.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 21:56
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I would love to help write tournament commentary if TD and Mana have to bow out.  Would it be possible to get battle reports from the Rift locations, and anything notable that happened at standing stones?  Otherwise Ryelle could scout Rift locations regularly to report when they change hands.

Rill,

Honestly, I can't think of an entertaining or informative approach to commentary on this tourney.  In many respects, this tourney is similar to the critter-killing tourney (#2) and I was stumped as to how to comment in an entertaining and informative manner on that one, too.   We can all see the daily standings for the top 10 of each group.  And essentially, this is a very passive tourney - set out an army and wait for it to get hit.  Replenish the army with troops when it is nearly depleted.

There might be some exciting developments if players start smashing competitors' armies - but only the 2 players involved would know that so they would need to report that to us.  However, except for the top 10, no one knows who to smash in their own league - say if #20 wants to slow down #19 - #20 doesn't know who #19 is so there is nothing to be done except wait for the zombie slot machine to generate a hit for #20.

Best of luck, Rill.

Ryelle could scout the rift daily to report goings-on there, but I don't know if that would be appreciated by people who are parked on the Rift.  (Including, for while she holds out, Ryelle.)  Anyone have thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic