Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Braque View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ranking
    Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 12:19
Hi all,

Seems to me the whole ranking is way off. Turns out if u choose the magic route and spell some casts on your town and some friends you gain a bulk points and hit the charts. When doing rly big upgrades (which costed a lot of resources and took a long time) u get allmost nothing. So imo its impossible (for now, maybe changes if warfare rly starts?) to get high in ranking by for instance the military route. Ideas?

Thog View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 12:27
No offense but what do I need the ranking for? If a bloke things he can attack me because I'm lower in ranking but have done some serious preparations for events like that eg. built high walls and invested in army, he's in for a surprise Big smile And that works in your favor if you're the builder guy Tongue It means as much as a number of posts on the forums. You might have thousands, but a guy with 20 still might be more popular because of the contents Wink
joekewl View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 14:00
I think the "problem"with ranking is that people are used to it being a representation of power or advancement in the game. This ranking isnt. I havent researched it because I dont really care, so I dont know what it represents.

I do find it odd that a player with 1 village at around 500 pop can be higher than me in the rankings.

If it was a pure measure of strength\advancement I would be more interested in it so I can see how I am doing compared to others, especially my neighbors.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 16:41
It's more like ranking in Age of Empires.  The distribution and timing of point increases give indication to the general strategy being executed by a player, as well as clearly showing any specialization, like trade or magic.

For the record, the magic points you get from maintained runes is trivial.  You get way more points for death runes killing enemies, and that's entirely dependent upon the availability of enemy sacrifices.
Tony View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 23:34

Is there some full explanation of how the ranking is calculated that you can refer me to please.

naive View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 02:15
ranking is overrated. the numbers are arbitrary. get over it. show your might with your army.
Dogbert View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 02:52
i need rankings! i need to be loved in some way!

love meeee! im ranked 100!

LOOOOOUVE MEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm sure i could score lots of chicks with that ranking. i imagine myself in a bar... 
(.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic