Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H? sieging small players nowhere near thier cities
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedH? sieging small players nowhere near thier cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 19:25
I'm not trying to support ICON but is the involvement of so many alliances really necessary? No offence but this is getting really pathetic. The alliance is so pitifully small I just don't understand how anyone can justify the involvement of more than one alliance.
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 20:18
well its only natural that icon players are hunted down. think about it..
why would a powerhouse tolerate even the small ones that dare stand up against it?
of course one can call a slaughter a punitive expedition and a siege a "change in demography"...
well, blame them for joining icon in the first place.. if people agree to join such an ally, expect the dominant faction to try wipe you out.
anyway, the island guys are probably alts or such...
and of course lots of people hate jude, but this scenario is what i warned Jude from...
that his foolish actions would involve minor and innocent players in a terrible experience was

foretold by me.
so there is the weary concrete possibility that ICON leadership considers his members nothing but cannon fodder.
and heck, now you are branded as "heretic". your annihilation is inevitable. resistance is futile. 

Edited by Kilotov of DokGthung - 29 Oct 2011 at 20:18
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 20:28
Originally posted by Kilotov of DokGthung Kilotov of DokGthung wrote:

well its only natural that icon players are hunted down. think about it..
why would a powerhouse tolerate even the small ones that dare stand up against it?
of course one can call a slaughter a punitive expedition and a siege a "change in demography"...
well, blame them for joining icon in the first place.. if people agree to join such an ally, expect the dominant faction to try wipe you out.
anyway, the island guys are probably alts or such...
and of course lots of people hate jude, but this scenario is what i warned Jude from...
that his foolish actions would involve minor and innocent players in a terrible experience was

foretold by me.
so there is the weary concrete possibility that ICON leadership considers his members nothing but cannon fodder.
and heck, now you are branded as "heretic". your annihilation is inevitable. resistance is futile. 

Bloody hell, my eyes.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 20:33
Siege armies take longer to travel than do the reinforcing armies they land on.  So the suggestion that the sieges were sent in response to a mail is laughable.

ICON has a history of creating new accounts to place near their cities in an attempt to avoid being sieged.  This was apparently deemed out of line by the devs, who have now changed the rules to prevent people from doing this by not allowing the use of Tenaril's Spell during new player protection.  I'm not saying it was somehow against the rules at the time it was done, merely that the devs have apparently decided that it was an exploit.

ICON further has a history of starting wars and then complaining about people following through with them.

Is there anything new happening here?  Are any players involved other than StJude, Borg and Zork?  The same old cast of characters?

As for these folks being "small" players, they would be much larger players if their aggressive actions had not resulted in their being sieged.

I really doubt that ICON seeks peace, and decry their habit of using proxies to spread disinformation that seeks to make them innocent victims in a war that they started.

However, if any of these players wish to make peace, I urge them to contact me.  I can't make any promises, but I will approach involved parties. 
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 21:09
  • I must say, I agree with all of Rill's observations as well.
  • And I would be less likely to believe a one sided argument based on what Zork and Jude post without hearing the side of Harmless.
  • I will also be watching with Kurdruk to see what develops, and to see the reason for these sieges.
  • I will say, however, that I have yet to see any H? member siege another for absolutely no reason...whatever that reason may be.
(P.S. Kilo, you must learn to master the colors.  It doesn't come natural for some...)
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 21:35
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

ICON further has a history of starting wars and then complaining about people following through with them.

QFT.

Harmless (?) company motto: 'We follow through'.

Wink
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 22:12
Post Script:

Perspective: Jude and like declared war on us remember. Not the other way round.

(Repetitious, but):  Made bed, enjoy sleep.
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 22:18

However, if any of these players wish to make peace, I urge them to contact me.  I can't make any promises, but I will approach involved parties. 

Rill, I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

Anyway, let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is. AB's, contrary to conjecture and belief, is NOT an alt of Borg, Zork or I.

He is actually a new player that met up with Borg in Order of the Maiar and thought he could get some PvP action from ICON.

He has no designs on H? and neither does ICON really. We just happened to put cities in "their" territory.

If you are willing to broker peace between AB's specifically and H?, then I think AB's would welcome that. Me? I am a stubborn Mick and to quote another fictional Irishman, "That is MY island" so no interest there. (That other island AB's is on, is not "my" island. I don't care for it.)

Mail him if you are really serious as I don't think he wants to have a tete a tete with H?. 

Edited by StJude - 29 Oct 2011 at 22:19
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 22:23
I have mailed him.

I am somewhat disappointed that you feel I am untrustworthy.  I challenge you to think of an instance in which I have acted contrary to my word.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 22:55
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Rill, I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

Anyway, let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is. AB's, contrary to conjecture and belief, is NOT an alt of Borg, Zork or I.

He is actually a new player that met up with Borg in Order of the Maiar and thought he could get some PvP action from ICON.

He has no designs on H? and neither does ICON really. We just happened to put cities in "their" territory.

If you are willing to broker peace between AB's specifically and H?, then I think AB's would welcome that. Me? I am a stubborn Mick and to quote another fictional Irishman, "That is MY island" so no interest there. (That other island AB's is on, is not "my" island. I don't care for it.)

Mail him if you are really serious as I don't think he wants to have a tete a tete with H?. 

Sounds like AB is getting what he wanted then, right?  PvP action.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic