Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H? sieging small players nowhere near thier cities
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedH? sieging small players nowhere near thier cities

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 02:51
Only a fool would attempt to negotiate an end to a war in the forums.

StJude is either a fool (which I actually doubt) or is not pursuing this discussion in good faith.
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 02:55
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

The way you are talking StJude it almost sounds like you think you have a strong position to negotiate from.

Sure, or you could say I have less to lose.

Like I said, it's simple. If all this is REALLY about H? objecting to us being in close proximity, then I am offering a solution.

But, if H? are not being entirely honest with us (ICON) and the community (or they simple want to flex some more) then H? can reject the proposal by having the two requested players ignore the thread.

H? has their cheerleaders already. At this point, I have no interest in what they say, I am only interested in discussing this further with either Honoredmule or Killerpoodle as they are two H? players that have been the most consistent in my time here.

There is no point in my continuing in this thread. The offer stands, take it or leave it.

I'll be happy to engage in civil discussion if the requested parties see fit to respond here.
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 03:12
well the fact is, or you bow to THEIR requests or be gone.
you are not really in the "condition to dictate conditions" any more,jude..

Edited by Kilotov of DokGthung - 01 Nov 2011 at 03:12
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 03:14
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

troll feeding

this thread should be locked.  Ouch

No, this is quite simple.

H? "objects" to our "pooping" cities in "their backyard"

Rather than seek a diplomatic solution, they launch armies and sieges.

I don't trust H? or any of their directors as I see them as being duplicitous and hypocritical.

Therefore, I am willing to engage in negotiation, but ONLY in full view of the public. This is not an unreasonable request if H? has nothing to hide.

The ball is in H?'s court, they can reject the terms by ignoring them or they can put their money where their mouth is and have a civil discussion where BOTH parties can compromise, and not just one.

Otherwise, quit trying to justify their aggression and just call a spade a spade.

It is quite simple: 

StJude, et al declare war on H?
StJude, et al starts setting up cities on an island near a large base of H? cities
H? informs StJude, et al that this was not going to be allowed
H? acts removing the cities on the island
StJude, et al enact their diplomatic skills sending messages of the nature I stated in my last post.
Borg from one side of his mouth attempts to negotiate for his city on the island with one Director saying he will exodus it off the island, while out of the other side of his mouth derides a different Directer as he attempts to set up on a separate island.
StJude and Borg set up on a two square island (see other thread about the various Exodus quarks uncovered throughout the various sieges).  StJude, et al abandon an alt account and create a new account to teleport to the opened square which has H? troops now occupying the square. (once again many oddities arose with Exodus and the peace of camp rules to the frustration of both H? and ICON).
StJude, et al start setting up on a different island (7 squares), H? moves to once again thwart such a set up. 

GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 03:18
Repeatedly shouting "troll" is disruptive and unnecessary so please don't do it.

Calling me out publicly to moderate something is not the way to go about voicing an actual concern. Please do so via PM as requested in the code of conduct thread.

I'll remove the few unnecessary posts in this thread but aside from that, carry on with your discussion and try to remain civil.

Thanks.

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 03:34
I find it interesting Jude - that you imagine H? feels like it has something to lose by not taking your public forum bait.

Rather than interpreting the inevitable abscence of KP+HM from this discussion as dishonesty from H? I have no doubt that everyone whos opinion H? might care about will draw the obvious conclusion - and that is that the leaders of H? have normal busy lives like everyone else and have practically zero time or concern for the whims of a guy who has shown them nothing but abject hostility in the public forum since the date of his account creation.

Why should HM or anyone else in charge have to bow to your personal whims?

If you want to have a discussion you'll do it through the same channels that are open to everyone. If you don't want a discussion you will continue your hollow posturing on here and you will continue to be ignored.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 04:54
Well it seems this thread has exploded while I've been off living my life (It's Halloween, you know).  And apparently I'm under some form of "obligation" to negotiate here in the court of public opinion.  I can't imagine what exactly would compel me to do so.  I'm a little old to be incensed by clucking chicken noises.

Well, I'm here anyway, but only to say this:
I may or may not have something to hide, but I definitely have nothing to show--I'm not a stage performer.  Others like Rill and Createure have already pointed out how StJude can initiate real negotiations, which as far I know has not yet been attempted.

I visited this thread on a lark when I noticed the increase in activity, but don't count on me watching it very closely.  No offense intended to anyone here, but I simply do have better things to do.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 05:11
HM plays the "i have a life" card.
all previous posts lose 80% of credibility and any petty and childish replays are negated for the next turn.  all your cards got reshuffled.

SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 05:40
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

Why should HM or anyone else in charge have to bow to your personal whims?
This pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Originally posted by Kilotov of DokGthung Kilotov of DokGthung wrote:

HM plays the "i have a life" card.
all previous posts lose 80% of credibility and any petty and childish replays are negated for the next turn.  all your cards got reshuffled. 
(^_^)  +50

Jude, if you would be rational for a moment, you would see that demanding they meet your demands when you are in absolutely no position to make any such demands is folly...  

Oh, and thank you for posting that brown-nosing remark.  It really helps your defense.  LoL
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Silent/Steadfast View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 05:46
I guess I get to be the childish one...

From a strictly neutral viewpoint what I see is ICON attempting to build a base for use against H? who is endeavoring to prevent this. Both approaches are intelligent strategies, and both parties are using perfectly reasonable responses to the other's tactics. All this is fine. Then what I see is some propaganda on ICON's part, some angry responses from players not in H?, and some yawns from H? Leadership.

Now we must ask ourselves this: why must this thread's legnthly commentary exist? Both sides of the conflict can exist in a state of war WITHOUT neutral players going "blah blah blah".

Yes, I know, "spirit of debate" and all that, but what if we debated about something that actually affected us, like the suggestions forum? Let the involved people work it out.
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic