GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 17:01
Originally posted by Faldrin Faldrin wrote:

Dear SC

Thanks again for replying and going into the debate with the "nay" sayers Ouch

I do not picture myself as a "nay" sayer and here is the post I was referring to when I say been waiting for a year:
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/cost-of-sovereignty_topic986.html

When I say the cost is to high is it not that I will not build it in some cities. I just don't see it will give massive boost to land claiming I had hoped for.
Hi Faldrin,

Whilst that's an interesting post about the cost of sovereignty you mention, it doesn't have any comment in it from the dev team saying whether we agree or disagree with it.

Posting a suggestion in the suggestions forum and then waiting for it to be implemented isn't how it works - there will be a lot of people waiting for eternity if they assume that by making a post about a topic then it automatically goes into the development schedule!

Originally posted by Drejan Drejan wrote:

Stormcrow, from your reply i understand you take this personally and you should not, mine is not a flame, sorry if you feel offended, going on the defensive is not good, feedbacks are so valuable.
You've an active suggestion forum full of ideas (most companies would pay for something like that) would be great if you interact as much as you can with it.
I liked almost every patch you did, if i post on this is becouse i feel my reply can help this wonderfull game in some way.
For claim gameplay from Estate for example i do not like the idea of a grid of single squares claimed every 10-15 squares i would like much much more to see an area of influence, maybe this is my "imagined expectation" but that's why you should consider it, this is a feedback. You are free to ignore it at your will.

I'm sorry if it came across that I took it personally, Drejan - I didn't and don't.

We've said time and again that we're not precious about where ideas come from - if they're good ideas then we'll implement them.

The point I'm trying to make though is that saying you don't like something isn't enough - and that's precisely what I mean by "nay-sayer".  

Say you don't like it, but also say why you don't like it, what you would like better instead and why the new way would work better for everyone!  As I think we've shown quite clearly, we do listen and we do implement ideas that are improvements on the current way of doing things.

Regards,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 09 Oct 2011 at 17:02
Faldrin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 18:31
Thanks again for replying.

I never thought you had taken "idea" and would implement it. I just hoped the sovereignty building would do more in ways of lowering cost of sovereignty than I think it will. This leaves me short of a new battlefield for my troops.

Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 20:12
The possibility of claiming upto 150 squares of sovereignty, it reminds me of civilization - where a city's "cultural boundary" could expand many squares around it, but it can use structures on only 20 tiles. The rest of the tiles are just areas of influence, and often areas with strategic resources. 

The chancery building is just a hint that the land around you is valuable. Though many of the new buildings would look like mere number crunching, they are not just that. The 'numbers' decide only when to build something. On a holistic level they change the way people play. 

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 01:41
GM Stormcrow fixed this question.  Thanks GM Stormcrow!!

Edited by Rill - 11 Oct 2011 at 05:41
Cookieman View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 11:05
I have a question that may be in the wrong thread. Does the whole sov lvl 5 override thingy apply to the spell move as well or is it something that is only ment for the exodus move?
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 11:28
It is only for Exodus Cookie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic