Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536>
Author
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 21:50
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Originally posted by Qwazar Qwazar wrote:

Hmmm....now I think we know WHO suggested that he stand on the teacup to begin with!

Watch GM Stormcrow sign a confed with the spider, Cerberus and 3 other members of the dev team and go after the number 2 developer.

Can't wait to see the System messages in GC over that one.

And, wouldn't it be perfectly appropriate if TC were trying to take over Illyriad? (srry to extend your rathole, SC!)
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 21:53
Kumo, of course, you should know me by now.

This is a big laugh to me, I would do the same damn thing if I were in your (and H?'s) shoes.

Except for the 5 on 1 part, that part is icky.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 22:08
Lol. ;)
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 22:24
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Kumo, of course, you should know me by now.

This is a big laugh to me, I would do the same damn thing if I were in your (and H?'s) shoes.

Except for the 5 on 1 part, that part is icky.

yea that 5on 1 wouldnt even be possible then 
now to move on its 5 alliances against 1 each with there own reasons why.
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Smoking GNU View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 22:24
Then damn well get Valar some allies to fight on their side, jude! 
StJude View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 22:27
Originally posted by Smoking GNU Smoking GNU wrote:

Then damn well get Valar some allies to fight on their side, jude! 

It's not for lack of trying Sir!

You shower of backstars better not finish this thing before we get a chance to jump in.

kkthxbai
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 22:28
Ummm...I think I saw a battle report in that thread that indicated that Erik Dirk [0-0] smashed a couple of armies into a H? stack.  So that would make it 2 alliances on the VALAR side, right?
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 23:11
Couldn't it be considered 2.5 since TMOT split up and some of them joined Valar? They're still horribly outnumbered though. 
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 23:47
Well, I don't consider a player exiting an alliance to join VALAR as support from the exited alliance...just that 1 player.

Note that TMOT NAPd both VALAR and H?, I believe.  So TMOT is neutral in this conflict.

The PIF alliance looks like overflow players intending to help VALAR, too.
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 08:24
A point  I think that has been overlooked in all these statements of PA  involvement being due solely to the "whims" of Lorre is this...

He was attacked out of the blue by large accts sat by players upset they would soon no longer be able to control what amounted to their own private alliances, and stated in game " they wanted to go out with a bang" and stir things up, especially due to ill will toward lorre. There was considerable confusion over who was sitting, who actually even played their own account, as well as refusals made in GC to say who was being sat and who was not...the only reason for this was cowardice as the sitters wished to fade back when they lost their puppet control and suffer no consequences for their second hand attacks...

Valar justifying their defense of Roller/Spirit after taking him in was absolutely  just cause for any action that followed. All of us have played other games, players under attack who run from alliance to alliance seeking help are termed "refugees", and looked down upon greatly. Even more so an alliance that would shelter them. Most alliances immediately removed any player they found to be a refugee when informed by the combatant parties. Giving them aid and shelter is an act of hostility, and often a cause of war. Valar approved Roller's actions by their actions. That alone is good enough to induce hostilities toward them.

As for it being unfair that other alliances join in who also have issues with Valar, why? Should everyone wait in line for their turn? War is not supposed to be fair, thus it's use as a last resort. Only a fool would not seek to pour as many troops on a combatant as possible. The bigger the hammer, the less loss of your own blood and treasure. The main duty of an alliance is to protect it's members. Strength in numbers does this.  And again, it is still the same people who endlessly carp about policing and not enough combat and how people should be able to play in anyway the game mechanics allow who now spout and pout about fairness and reasons and anything else they can come up with, many from the safety of their assumed forum names. Which, by the way, really does something to your credibility factor when you have all these bold accusations and insults to fling knowing you can just run back and hide. St Jude makes my head hurt with annoyance, but I'll say this, he at least puts himself out there. That will now be the last good thing I say about him, lol...

I think it is pointless to keep going on and on about the whys and where fores...lets just have the war, follow the battles, negotiations, or whatever, and see what happens. And I will add that in no communication from Lorre, Artorious, or Sunstorm has the "destruction" of Valar ever been discussed or suggested as a goal.  That's not what this is about...
"War is the father of all things..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536>
  Share Topic