Author
Machiathustra View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Bring You TIFFS
    Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 14:54
TIFFS Constitution

Attention All Warmongers!

I bring you TIFFS: The Illyrian Facetious Fighters Syndicate.

Let TIFFS be a family of alliances whose primary purpose shall be the sport of war.
Let TIFFS warriors and alliances be militantly segregated from outsiders who are not members of The Syndicate.
Let TIFFS warriors and alliances fight amongst themselves, and ONLY amongst themselves, without interference from outsiders.
Let TIFFS warriors and alliances fight amongst themselves amicably, for sport, and let neither anger nor hatred mar said sports.

I bring you TIFFS.

Let all agree that Machiathustra is but a mere philosopher and a prophet but not a layer of laws.
Let all agree that all rules lain herein shall be deemed "negotiable suggestions".
Let all following negotiable suggestions be reflected upon and debated before being ammended and/or accepted and thereby voted into TIFFS law.

I bring you TIFFS: The Illyrian Facetious Fighters Syndicate.

DEFINITIONS:

Capitol: The primary municipality of each member of TIFFS. Under normal circumstances, a Capitol must NEVER be attacked.
Capitol Unit: Any military or diplomatic unit that was trained in a Capitol.
IFF: Illyrian Facetious Fighter - a member of TIFFS
IFR: Illyrian Facetious Rogue - a member of TIFFS who is not a member of any alliance.
Interloper: Any Outsider who participates in any aggression against any IFF.
Municipality: Excluding Capitols, a municipality is any settlement, village, hamlet, town, city, etc that belongs to an IFF. Under normal curcumstances, municipalities are open to attack.
Outsider: Any Illyrian who is not a member of TIFFS
TIFFS: The Illyrian Facetious Fighters Syndicate
TIFFSA: An alliance within TIFFS
Utopiast: An Illyriad player who wants all fun conflict within the game to be quelled.

SYMBOLS:

A_ (Capital A followed by 1 underscore) The first two characters of every TIFFS "Alliance Ticker".
A__ (Capital A followed by 2 underscores) To precede the name of every alliance within TIFFS.
C-- (Capital C followed by 2 hyphens) To precede the name of every IFF's Capitol. Example: "C--Zaraville"
M-- (Capital M followed by 2 hyphens) To precede the names of all TIFFS municipalities. Example: "M--Velli Villa"

Section 1: Interactions with Outsiders

I: Let there be no offensive actions taken by any IFF/TIFFSA against any outsider.

To be perfectly clear: scouts, spies and all other "diplomatic" units are offensive.

Because TIFFS members shall be diminishing their resources in battles against each other,
TIFFS must take responsibility in keeping Utopiast GC veterans from turning their gazes toward TIFFS.
TIFFS must, therefore, take extreme action against any IFF or TIFFSA who brings Utopiast attention to TIFFS

II: An attack against ANY TIFFS WARRIOR is an attack against EVERY TIFFS WARRIOR.

Just as all TIFFS warriors shall be expected to segregate themselves, militantly, from outsiders,
outsiders shall be expected to segregate themselves, militantly, from TIFFS.

Should an outsider make an unprovoked attack against any TIFFS warrior...

A: The recipient of the attack SHALL NOT directly retaliate,
B: The recipient SHALL report ALL relevant information to his/her alliance leader,
C: the ENTIRE SYNDICATE shall convene and consider appropriate reaction.

III: Limitations on Friendships & Alliances with Outsiders.

A: Let IFF's neither request, nor suggest, nor hint for military assistance from outsiders.

B: Let IFF's neither accept nor condone military assistance from outsiders

Should any outsider assist any IFF in any military fashion or by using any diplomatic unit on behalf of said IFF,
regardless of reason and regardless of said assisted IFF's involvement (or none) in the outsider's decision to assist,

B.1: Let said assisted IFF be held responsible for compensating any other IFF who is injured or suffers any losses or damages
due to said interloper's interference.
B.2: Let said assisted IFF openly and publicly denounce any friendship or allegiance with said interloper.
B.3: Should The Illyrian Facetious Fighters Syndicate deem retaliation against said interloper to be appropriate,
Let said assisted IFF redeem himself or herself by leading said retaliation against said interloper.

IV: Allowable Interactions with Outsiders.

A: Let IFF's be free to give, sell, purchase and/or receive any item that can be transported by caravan in transactions with outsiders.
B: Let IFF's be free to give, sell, purchase and/or receive benevolent magicks in transactions with outsiders.
C: Let IFF's be free to give, sell, purchase and/or receive information in transactions with outsiders.

C.1: Let all IFF's be reminded that to hire, or to be hired by, outsiders for the purpose of diplomatic unit attacks shall be considered a violation of TIFFS law.

Section 2: Territories

I: Let the Capitol of each IFF be counted as separate from all other municipalities held by said IFF.

A: Let each IFF's primary municipality be referred to as his or her CAPITOL.

A.1 Let neither the words 'city' nor 'town' nor any other word, term or phrase -- which designates a municipality -- be used in reference to the Capitol of any IFF.

A.2: Let each IFF, under Illyriad rules (as of the writing of this constitution), be seen to be permitted a maximum of...
9 municipalities (settlements, villages, hamlets, towns, cities, etc...)
and 1 Capitol.

See Section 3.I for reasoning behind the separation of Capitols.

B: Let the name of each IFF's Capitol be preceded by a capital letter C, immediately followed by 2 hyphens
i.e.: Let Machiathustra's Capitol Zaraville be read as C--Zaraville

II: Let each TIFFSA exist primarily within the borders of one Illyrian map region.

A: Let each IFF's Capitol be within the regional jurisdiction of said IFF's alliance.

B: Let the municipality of any IFF that is outside of said IFF's regional jurisdiction be seen as an offence to all IFF's of the jurisdiction in which said municipality is stationed.

Section 3: Interactions Within TIFFS 

I: Let the Capitol of each IFF be sanctified.

A: Let no offense be taken against the Capitol of any IFF.

B: Let no unit trained in any Capitol be used in offensive manouvers against any but NPC forces and installations.

C: Let all units trained in any Capitol be used primarily for defensive purposes.

C.1: Let IFF's be free to use Capitol Units as REINFORCEMENTS for municipalities of their own and for Capitols and municipalities of their TIFFS allies.

C.2: Let IFF's be free to use Capitol Units as occupying forces only against NPC's and for the purpose of claiming sovereignty.

Let all persons who are interested in the prospects of establishing and joining TIFFS now take part in the discussions of altering and/or expanding the preceding constitution before its ratification.
<Squill> View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 14:57
   Ah.... sweet; tribes whacking each other out, I am all for It Mach, Gud luck.     

Edited by <Squill> - 02 Sep 2011 at 16:39
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 14:58
yet an other fool that brings doom over himself and his ally or finally a smart warmonger? 
<Squill> View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 15:05

Originally posted by Kilotov of DokGthung Kilotov of DokGthung wrote:

yet an other fool that brings doom over himself and his ally or finally a smart warmonger? 

I don't think he is a fool or a warmonger, it's a good Idea, hopefully no Utopiast will interfere, a brilliant idea for some good sport.     

Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 15:11
Originally posted by <Squill> <Squill> wrote:

I don't think he is a fool or a warmonger, it's a good Idea, hopefully no Utopiast will interfere, a brilliant idea for some good sport.     

all good about sports...
as long as the playing ground doesn't come my way crying i am fine
<Squill> View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 15:19

Originally posted by <Squill> <Squill> wrote:

all good about sports...
as long as the playing ground doesn't come my way crying i am fine

Well, I do believe if someone is part of TIFFS they accept and understand the stakes.  

New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 15:26
To sum up the TIFFS concept:

Stay away from people who want to be stayed away from and engage players who came to Illyriad to have fun rather than to sit on their thumbs watching dust grow on their crops.
Binky the Berserker View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 15:41
great initiative! 
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 17:05
A few issues:

1:  S&S ~ Siege & Sabotage
2:  Identifying IFF's (members of TIFFS)
3:  Globally Chatting without interfering with the Utopiasts

1: Siege & Sabotage.
I'm actually quite embarrassed that I didn't include this issue in the original post. I'm thinking S&S should primarily be reserved for 2 circumstances.
1.A:  Members who have municipalities outside their respective regional jurisdictions
1.B:  Alliances within a particular region battling for dominance over said region.
...and, of course, all-out wars in which all sides have agreed upon the allowable tactics to be used.

2:  Identifying IFF's
If TIFFS is to succeed, there needs to be a way to identify members who may or may not be attacked under any given circumstance.

3:  Global Chatting
The last thing I need is to put up with small minded peons complaining because TIFFS members are talking about battle in GC.  IRC, perhaps? Outside forums?

If anybody has any comments or suggestions on how TIFFS may be made to actually work then, by all means, please speak up.
<Squill> View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 17:19
Can a member join TIFF and then leave again at any date, without notification?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic