illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Step by Step Guide to Quests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 19:37
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

I saw GM SC on GC mention that higher taverns have a better chance at discoveries.

Thanks for info, maybe I'll upgrade my tavern.  JFTR, an ordinary level 2 tavern is good enough for the inquisitive populace.
lampost View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lampost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 22:06
after 4 months (not kidding) i did not get "inquisitive populace" any suggestions 

ps. i have tavern lvl 10
dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 22:36
Originally posted by lampost lampost wrote:

after 4 months (not kidding) i did not get "inquisitive populace" any suggestions 

ps. i have tavern lvl 10

That's odd.  A tavern level 2 unlocks the "diplomatic contacts" research for the diplomatic quests -- there are only two kinds of quests at the moment, trade quests and diplo quests.  After rescuing the librarian's daughter about five times I had both discoveries (actually I got inquisitive populace first, the other discovery is far more useful).  
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 23:34
I don't do quests that much, but I've done a fair number of diplo quests and I have a town that doesn't have Inquisitive Populace.  Fortunately the diplo visibility of my other towns overlap.
argonaut View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argonaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 13:06
If you use your diplos for the scribes of allembine you can get the research discovery.
Sentenial View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentenial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 20:04
This is very helpful Clap
darkstars View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkstars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 12:28
I dont want to show off or anything but just provide some informations:

I got both discoveries after 8 days of quest (generally 8 quest a day, though i failed some)

I got both discoveries on diplomatic quest, but the tackle one was from the second step of a diplomatic quest (which was basically a trade quest)

My tavern is only lvl 2 (as i was doing quest morning and evening i did not need more new quests)

I dont know if I should keep doing quests ^^
Loud Whispers View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loud Whispers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 14:51

That Diplomatic Discovery is hard to get.  I've been wondering if it is easier for smaller cities to earn it vs. larger cities.
Just upgrade your tavern, wait a few days or even weeks doing diplo quests that don't kill scouts, get the discovery and replace the tavern with whatever you want.
consultrainer View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote consultrainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 09:23
thanks for the entries! ... will keep a tab on the developments. Till now, on my second day, and enjoying the levelling up
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 16:30
Originally posted by Loud Whispers Loud Whispers wrote:

That Diplomatic Discovery is hard to get.  I've been wondering if it is easier for smaller cities to earn it vs. larger cities.
Just upgrade your tavern, wait a few days or even weeks doing diplo quests that don't kill scouts, get the discovery and replace the tavern with whatever you want.

I have 6 citys. All my citys have Block and Tackle, but only 4 out of 6 have Inquisitive Populance. Strangly, my second biggest citys is one of the ones that does not have Inquisitive Populance. My taverns vary in level. So I don't think Tavaern level effects chance to get the discoverys. As, my level 20 tavern has not got all the discoverys, while my other 2 level 20, and my lover level tavens, do have all of the discoverys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic