illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Step by Step Guide to Quests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mara Zira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 02:36
Ironically, after about 8 weeks of doing both types of quests, my capital has Inquisitive Populace but not Block and Tackle. My second city, after about 4 weeks, got both on the same day...same level tavern as my capital. My newer cities have only been doing quests for a couple weeks (same tavern level), and no discoveries. So, in my experience, Inquisitive Populace was the easier of the two to get.
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurfist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 02:39
Block and tackle will be gained from trade type quests.
Remember, chances of getting the discoveries are randomized.  I was one of the last people to get the first discovery when they first came out, sans everyday newbies.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mara Zira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 21:41
I finally got Block and Tackle in my capital today after, yes, a trade quest. Only took 9 weeks. Wink
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurfist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 21:57
Congrats.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Rymal View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rymal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 00:44
 Nice guide - thank you!   Do I understand correctly there are only the 2 discoveries available from the quests?  When a player has both discoveries, is there any value in doing more quests?Question

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 00:51
Depends on whether the quest reward is anything you want, and if it's asking for something you don't want.  Some of the quests can be quite lucrative, others ... not so much.
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mara Zira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 21:28
Rymal,

Yes, currently there are only the 2 Discoveries that you can get from Tavern quests. As Rill said, the only reason to do quests after that is if the quest offers something you want in return for something you have extra of. For example, exchanging basic resources you have plenty of or sending out scouts in return for advanced goods that you could use.
Celebcalen View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celebcalen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 23:17
bump
Angua Whisper View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angua Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 20:21
The 2 discoveries 'Inquisitive populace' and 'Blok and Tackle' are really only worth getting when the city is small.

For a city with level 20 resource fields the extra you can gain collecting is less than 1%, and likewise a city that have the consulate up to 20 (15 squares distance) do not get much advantage by adding 2 squares more.

So pray you get them early, when they are valuable enough to help you grow.

Also remember that collecting make you vulnerable, if you rely on collecting to feed your city then an attacking army can pretty much vipe you out just by blocading your caravans.

best regards
~ Angua Whisper
dspn23 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dspn23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 21:27
i disagree once t2 building (foreign affairs) i guess
can turn those 2 squares into 6
and is never to much to be awere that you will be stolen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic