FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedtrolls in Illyriad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 04:41
Capricorne, dont you see it? Kurfist wouldnt attack anyone just because they insulted him. You can verify this by insulting him again and again in GC.

He would attack only if you insult him and you are much smaller than him. Right Kurfist? Tongue

just kidding.. no malice towards anyone Big smile
Capricorne View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 08:23
Love your reply Birds. I think that too.

Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 12:30
Originally posted by Amroth Amroth wrote:

ok so it is understood that we foster the community. That said, there has been an increased number of trolls operating under noob aliases lately. That has precipitated this post...

This will be my position of record. I do not care how long you have been here, since the beginning or sinse yesterday. If you are willing to insult and insert inflammatory remarks to the chat with random aim and chance destruction prepare to have your cities razed and razed again. I will not tolerate insults and slander. I will respond with full action available. If anyone has a problem with this...I am sure I will find out soon enough. Gloves off for trolls and players who will summon up an alt just to cause chaos. This practice is indeed cowardly. and I deem them to be worms with no back bone at all. Anything I have to say to anyone will come from Amroth. Not some alt I created cause I lacked the sack to say what I wanted to with my own face. I am a conscientious player who tries to respect all in Illyriad. It has become obvious that not all players here are of that caliber. This is regrettable. 
Thoughts and feed back from Illy community would be appreciated.
Regards, Amroth Anguireal

I have read this thread with interest. I wasn't going to comment until I saw that some of other posters seem to think that bulllies  are a far  more  frequent problem in chat than trolls. Let me be clear. By "bullies" I mean players with 2 or more cities who deliberately threaten to destroy a  newbe with a single town because the newbe said something that the bully didn't like.

Yes it is a problem and players would be far better served if the bullies were made to tone it down a bit.  Let those who claim to play with honour "apply it".

As for dealing with trolls, people who make insulting or inflammatory remarks. Leave that to the GM's .

They may have had a hand in the tizzy with LH and they claim to have shut down El T's latest accounts.  Pretty good huh?  Won't catch me though because I play by the rules Tongue

Edited by Aneirin - 11 Jul 2011 at 15:10
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 17:56
Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

Capricorne, dont you see it? Kurfist wouldnt attack anyone just because they insulted him. You can verify this by insulting him again and again in GC.

He would attack only if you insult him and you are much smaller than him. Right Kurfist? Tongue

just kidding.. no malice towards anyone Big smile

Well ander when you put it that way.. :p

How many times has Jude said on the forums and in global that I am easy to bait, does that not imply he wanted to war with me?

Why am I even on this thread anyway? This post will either be support by my "ahem" supporters, or be boo'ed out by Knights Templars.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 18:16
Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

Originally posted by Kurfist Kurfist wrote:

I'm not doubting you, I'm just verifying for others that the bit  with yourbestfriend is true.  Except the lapdog part, although I'm starting to ignore Judes posts all together.

No you are not, you are far too easy to bait.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 10:35
lol somehow this fits to illyriad..

Edited by Thexion - 12 Jul 2011 at 12:24
Divine Redemption View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 13:05
I would have to say that I was never a troll in this game.  I was merely the opposition of the way the powers at be think.  My line of thinking was the opposite.  The fact I thought differently than the players leading powerful alliances, made me a troll in their eyes.  Players that were not in the know, felt they should just join the band wagon and call me a troll to fit in with the  community. 

Perception means everything.  Everyone perceives things differently through their set of eyes  and experiences.  The people that think the same, are the ones that have gone through the same experiences in life or in games rather.   These differences between experiences more or less is what brings conflict in game and life with people that have not gone through the same experiences.

My path in this game, my experiences, shaped a different perception of the game compared to a player that was in power and seemed to get their way most of the time.

I am not a follower, I am too smart to try to pretend to be something I am not.  I will go against the grain if I need to to prove a point.  I am only given one life to live on this world.  So no matter if it be in a game or life, I best put a stamp on where I was and to say that I gave it my all.

Those of you dislike me because I was not a follower, spoke up about too many issues, and was not mute.  Well to those people, I laugh at you.  Do you think in game of all things, I will follow any person that does not hold the values I hold dear?

The Spy Network was a way to allow players that had the misfortune of being bullied by these same players in power that like control at all costs.  This Spy Network was meant to last a life time and this Spy Network will last for a lifetime.  I brought this mission in for the players that had experienced misfortune in this game.  These players needed someone to stick up for them when no one else would.  Here is your chance to make a stand.  Unite with other players experiencing  the same things as you are.  Overtime you will be strong and the ones in power will be weak.  

Do you think because I have decided to retire from this game it will stop the revolution? You are wrong!  I was merely just one of many in this.  I can be replaced by someone else and I hope the players that replace me will accomplish so much more and create something that will be talked about forever.

I will always root for the underdog in life and in games.

Do not lose hope my friends, all of you hold the key, the key to turn the tide.

Based from the movie DUNE, there must always be change, so one can grow.  A person must experience new things in life and in games to awake the sleeper within. 

The sleeper must awaken!

And shall all the players that stand for what I believe in.  Make a stand!

Lionz Heartz

Edited by Divine Redemption - 12 Jul 2011 at 13:15
King EAM View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 13:19
Originally posted by Silent/Steadfast Silent/Steadfast wrote:

Originally posted by StJude StJude wrote:

I have always been of the opinion that you should talk from your "main" or whatever the illyriad equivalent is.

What if you have two "mains?"

They are alts to each other.
"It's hard to know until you're a Crow"
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 14:26
lol what was that Thexion?!! Big smile
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 16:38
thexion what a disturbing yet funny video
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic