FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSome innocent informations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 23:32
We're currently pushing for Harmless (?) vs Thunderkitty.

1GC to the winner.

Randolph Duke: Money isn't everything, Mortimer.
Mortimer Duke: Oh, grow up.
Randolph Duke: Mother always said you were greedy.
Mortimer Duke: She meant it as a compliment.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 23:46
One thing remains consistent throughout, and that is that Valar's approach, while differing significantly from that of Harmless, does merit respect.  Harmless takes positions and standards based on principle first, strategy second, but that is not to say we see Valar as an unprincipled alliance.

Some may call the ejection of _duQ as a scapegoat action, but I follow the adage that one should not attribute to malice what can be sufficiently explained by incompetence--or put another way, Occam's Razor: all other things being equal, the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.

It is simpler to believe that Valar gave _duQ freedom and then regretted doing so, than to believe they allowed their reputation to be questioned, and used him as a scapegoat to cleanse themselves, without having accomplished anything as an alliance.  After all, what would be the point of making waves and burning _duQ if there's no change for Valar other than adding a blemish to their reputation and losing a strong player?

On the other hand, _duQ's "strategy," was full of holes and naive projections of how people would react to him--and seems not to even have been shared with others in Valar.  Regarding the conflict with Harmless, I got the impression that he blamed Anjire for not taking the bait and falling into _duQ's strategy by attacking a newbie (who'd have thought we might actually take our own standards seriously).  Wacko  No, Anjire rendered blame where blame is due, and engaged in due process to resolve the situation.  I also render blame where blame is due.
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 00:45
Think 1 word can sum the whole situation up,boredom,and not just from _duQ's account,you can argue the merit of the strategies and what not,but boredom is the overiding factor.Factions going live will at least initially solve a bit of this but ultimately pvp battles are what keeps people interested.The players/alliances at the top will hold on to their position any way they see fit and the underlings either continue to fight as separate entities against each other thus contributing to the top half's power,or they combine as 1 force and challenge it.Then there is also the prospect of more people leaving the game over time and you will get a natural shift in power,how many of us are still around by then remains to be seen.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 01:13
Originally posted by Mr Damage Mr Damage wrote:

Think 1 word can sum the whole situation up,boredom,and not just from _duQ's account,you can argue the merit of the strategies and what not,but boredom is the overiding(sic) factor.
I think you're projecting.
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 01:24

...claim the whole map as H territory and all living in it's realms as servants to H.
Mr Damage, I said it before in another post - Often when people don't like others being in power, it is because they secretly desire that power for themselves.  

I don't know why you seem opposed to the alliance H?  (and I am being serious).  I have seen nothing to make me worry for my game-play.  And finally, what power do you see them as having? This isn't a realm of lords and vassals...  we do not pay tribute to them and live in fear (at least I don't...).  I am very confused by your comments regarding the alliance of H?

Edited by SunStorm - 04 Jul 2011 at 01:27
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Dhenna View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 01:36
Wait....

Mr. Damage = Aneirin?

Evil Smile
Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 02:30

Sunstorm I believe that MR D's last comment wasn't of the "H? are evil, baby eating, bullies" variety, but rather a general comment that the game is rather stagnant and perhaps if H? attacked on of the top 10 it would be good for the game.

The point is if anyone did have a problem with H? the point has come where most of the alliances in the top 10 could do something about it.

For the record I'm not one of the players who believe that H? are perfect, but dispite being the largest alliance i certainly no longer believe that their every action should be called into question as bullying.
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 02:44
Sorry SunStorm,my post about H claiming the whole map was in jest and Denna thanks for the comparison but I hope I have not been that annoying,apologies if I have.SunStorm,I agree with you,H play the game as fairly as anyone else here,I have no issue with them,I am just putting up my "projections" as HM says,no-one need agree and all are welcome to disagree.

P.s Aneirin,some of your posts I do find annoying but also you bring some good ideas to the table so please continue. Now i might stay off the forums for a while so as to avoid being pidgeon holed as a certain type of player,good gaming all.
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 03:07

Sorry SunStorm,my post about H claiming the whole map was in jest and Denna thanks for the comparison but I hope I have not been that annoying,apologies if I have.SunStorm,I agree with you,H play the game as fairly as anyone else here,I have no issue with them,I am just putting up my "projections" as HM says,no-one need agree and all are welcome to disagree.

P.s Aneirin,some of your posts I do find annoying but also you bring some good ideas to the table so please continue. Now i might stay off the forums for a while so as to avoid being pidgeon holed as a certain type of player,good gaming all.

No one at H? took your remarks as anything but for what they were intended: to illustrate one's boredom at the relatively peaceful state of the game and the (perceived) disparity of 'power'.

You've no need to abstain from commenting as personally I enjoy hearing all players opinions (those expressed in a genuine nature).
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 03:35
Heh, if people want a war game, one that is all war, war, war! then they should go to those games, instead of coming here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic