Topic Closed19JUN11 - New gfx, facebook logins, sov & more

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19JUN11 - New gfx, facebook logins, sov & more
    Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 04:56
FYI - once you cancel sov on a square, then try to demolish a sov building the system tells you:

"Unable to complete request.  This is either someone else's Sovereign Square, or you are not currently claiming Sovereignty on it."

Hardly an exploit if the system won't even let you demolish the building...
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 19:05
I wouldn't waste your breath on him tbh Anj: his trolling is so obvious it doesn't even require a put down. This kind of whining and blatant propoganda damages Aneirin's own reputation (if he had any left) more than any response from someone else would do.
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 17:35
Originally posted by Aneirin Aneirin wrote:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

New gfx, Facebook (external logins), Sov exploit & more

• Sovereignty Claims
    It has come to our attention that some players have discovered that levelling up Sov V on a square, then building a Sov Structure V, and then letting the underlying Sovereignty drop down to Sov I still gives the player the Sov V building bonus but for only a Sov I underlying upkeep.  This has been deemed an exploit, and will be shortly fixed.  To maintain a particular level of Sovereign Structure you need to maintain the same (or greater) level of underlying Sovereign claim.  All Sovereign Building Structures of a higher level than the underlying Sov Claim on the square can support will be levelled down to their maximum supported level within the coming few days....

I am always amused by the limited ability of players like Llyron of Jaensch (H?)and Smoking GNU (DLord) to avoid personal abuse and invective when faced with a serious issue. Alas it is a sign of their immaturity which will give their leaders increasing cause for concern as the game develops and changes.

Lets to return to the issue of the "Exploit" quoted above. Instead of hurling abuse how about giving some answers? How many members of the Harmless? alliance have  been "exploiting" the game in the way described above?  How long have they been carrying out this practise? To what extent have they benefited from this? Why not not round up the punishment (The_Dragon's term) to each offender losing a city to pay for their "exploitation"?  

I will once again remind you that it was Createure from H? that reported the exploit to the developers.  

Further, since you have so much time on your hands to troll the forums:  Why don't you put that time to good use and explore this theory of yours yourself?  You may actually give back to the community for a change.

Choose ten players at random from the top ten alliances (100 total), and review their sovereignty claims around their cities.  Post the results back here.

I can assure you as I looked around there does seem to be an alliance or two that rarely has a claim greater than II...  It isn't H? though.
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 10:40
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

New gfx, Facebook (external logins), Sov exploit & more

• Sovereignty Claims
    It has come to our attention that some players have discovered that levelling up Sov V on a square, then building a Sov Structure V, and then letting the underlying Sovereignty drop down to Sov I still gives the player the Sov V building bonus but for only a Sov I underlying upkeep.  This has been deemed an exploit, and will be shortly fixed.  To maintain a particular level of Sovereign Structure you need to maintain the same (or greater) level of underlying Sovereign claim.  All Sovereign Building Structures of a higher level than the underlying Sov Claim on the square can support will be levelled down to their maximum supported level within the coming few days....

I am always amused by the limited ability of players like Llyron of Jaensch (H?)and Smoking GNU (DLord) to avoid personal abuse and invective when faced with a serious issue. Alas it is a sign of their immaturity which will give their leaders increasing cause for concern as the game develops and changes.

Lets to return to the issue of the "Exploit" quoted above. Instead of hurling abuse how about giving some answers? How many members of the Harmless? alliance have  been "exploiting" the game in the way described above?  How long have they been carrying out this practise? To what extent have they benefited from this? Why not not round up the punishment (The_Dragon's term) to each offender losing a city to pay for their "exploitation"?  
Smoking GNU View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 08:38
oh great. another troll. Just what we need.
The_Dragon View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 08:13
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

Aneirin the most truly tragic and pathetic trait you share with Lionz Heartz (if indeed you are not one and the same) is you seek attention and vindication from those who dislike you. And if not dislike, then at the least, pity.
Your constant craving at vindication and acceptance (your refusal to walk away) I can only guess perhaps mask's the green eye of jealousy (that at this level, in this context, is really quite sad) or whatever name you give that axe you grind.
The answers to your issues lie not with me, not with Creatueure, not with Harmless(?) nor the scores of others whom you have offended of put offside, but with you.
Clap

and also he can't read well..
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 07:12
Punishment or call it what you like,I don't think it is a viable option,how do you measure something like that so that it is deemed reasonable. This would just open up the preverbial can of worms, so good for those that took advantage of it while it lasted and now its gone we move on.

P.s I didnt use this tactic because I didnt know about it so I'm not standing alongside the guilty and trying to justify it,just dont think its such a big deal now that its been stopped.
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 03:56
He used to bother Aesir alot, looks like he's found bigger kids to play withTongue
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 00:12

Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

Originally posted by system system wrote:

Sovereign Structure Levelled Down At ?
Sent By:     System
Received By:     You
Date:     23/06/2011 16:12:04
In accordance with 19JUN11's Patchnotes in the forum (and in the Release Notes section of The Herald) regarding the maintanance of Sovereign Structures at Levels in excess of the Underlying Sovereignty, a Level IV Jousting Yard Sovereign Structure located at [?] in [?] and owned by your town ? has been levelled down.

You are only maintaining an underlying Sovereignty Level of I at this location, and your maximum Sovereign Structure Level cannot exceed the underlying Sovereignty Level.

Your Level IV Jousting Yard Sovereign Structure has been reduced to Level I, and this has reduced this Sovereign Structure's bonus from +20.0000% to +5.0000%.

You can, of course, re-raise your underlying Sovereignty level at this location, and rebuild the structure if you wish, but you will need to maintain the underlying Sovereignty level at the same level (or higher) as the Sovereign Structure.

Oooo look the first culprit who took advantage of the exploit has been revealed. Followers of my postings will know that I am not surprised to find that it is my auld mate Creat - and who does he belong to? Why the squeaky clean we do no wrong Harmless? crew of course. rofl

He's not the only one in that alliance either and if they can convince the devs not to take away their ill gotten gains they will.

In his post above, The_Dragon of DLords wanted to know what kind of punishment those who took advantage of the sov. exploit should recieve?  Now that Dlords realise that most of the cuplrits are members from their confederated allies Harmless they will stop asking questions and start dreaming up excuses.

Aneirin the most truly tragic and pathetic trait you share with Lionz Heartz (if indeed you are not one and the same) is you seek attention and vindication from those who dislike you. And if not dislike, then at the least, pity.
Your constant craving at vindication and acceptance (your refusal to walk away) I can only guess perhaps mask's the green eye of jealousy (that at this level, in this context, is really quite sad) or whatever name you give that axe you grind.
The answers to your issues lie not with me, not with Creatueure, not with Harmless(?) nor the scores of others whom you have offended of put offside, but with you.
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 23:17

Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

Originally posted by system system wrote:

Sovereign Structure Levelled Down At ?
Sent By:     System
Received By:     You
Date:     23/06/2011 16:12:04
In accordance with 19JUN11's Patchnotes in the forum (and in the Release Notes section of The Herald) regarding the maintanance of Sovereign Structures at Levels in excess of the Underlying Sovereignty, a Level IV Jousting Yard Sovereign Structure located at [?] in [?] and owned by your town ? has been levelled down.

You are only maintaining an underlying Sovereignty Level of I at this location, and your maximum Sovereign Structure Level cannot exceed the underlying Sovereignty Level.

Your Level IV Jousting Yard Sovereign Structure has been reduced to Level I, and this has reduced this Sovereign Structure's bonus from +20.0000% to +5.0000%.

You can, of course, re-raise your underlying Sovereignty level at this location, and rebuild the structure if you wish, but you will need to maintain the underlying Sovereignty level at the same level (or higher) as the Sovereign Structure.

Oooo look the first culprit who took advantage of the exploit has been revealed. Followers of my postings will know that I am not surprised to find that it is my auld mate Creat - and who does he belong to? Why the squeaky clean we do no wrong Harmless? crew of course. rofl

He's not the only one in that alliance either and if they can convince the devs not to take away their ill gotten gains they will.

In his post above, The_Dragon of DLords wanted to know what kind of punishment those who took advantage of the sov. exploit should recieve?  Now that Dlords realise that most of the cuplrits are members from their confederated allies Harmless they will stop asking questions and start dreaming up excuses.

As priorly posted by Createure:

I had 1 of these glitch squares from back when i tested this and reported it. It just got corrected this afternoon.

I too am curious to know if anyone abused this glitch on a larger scale, though I don't really think the idea of 'punishment' is either appropriate or likely.

Additionally as posted by Createure about this bug back in April:

Any other baseless accusations Aneirin?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic