illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStop now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
(EOM) Harry View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop now!
    Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:26
 Hi Guys,

Im just going to be quick and say that who ever is attacking new players to STOP as of now, i am sick and tired of constantly giving out more resources to people who have lost them to thiefs.. It is tiresome and time consuming and frankly i was annoyed at the start and now i'm just angry. So who ever it is sending stupid amounts of blights and diplos to small players, It is your one chance to stop, you will slip up one time, your diplos will be captured and they will tell us who you are.

Remember: One chance im giving you.. One chance.

Note: This has nothing to do with recent events concerning Lorre, this is unrelated and just annoying...

Thanks and regards,

Harry
Fool's watch the land when the problem is in the heart.
Klandor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:32
*IF* these events continue, maybe we should post, either here or in a different thread, a list of players tracked that are Diplo-Attacking much weaker players.

If a pattern starts to appear, that way it will be publicly identified, so as a decision on how handle it can be decided as a group.

The best thing for the game, would be for an Alliance to reign in "rogue" members.  If an Alliance wants to turn a blind eye on said actions, they would be show to be either actively or passively complicit in said actions...

Just some thoughts.

Klandor
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:36
Alliances can do as they wish, they want to turn a blind eye turn a blind eye, its for their hearts and judgement to decide, i however will not be alowing it and will not be turning a blind eye.

I want nothing more than to watch this game grow and grow and if anyone gets in the way of that, then they should take warning..l. KLANDOR feels much the same, and so do many others...

You have been warned.

Thanks
Harry
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:37
In my opinion a t"racking the birde" is not a fair show of evidence, I'm not approving of these diplomatic attacks, but show real evidence.  You can show me a video of a birdie hitting a newb and following the birdie back to someone else, just not your say so.
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:40
There is no need to do so, when eventually a diplo will be captured and names will be given.. then there will be your proof!
Klandor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:40
Clavius,

Sometimes that's all one has.  If a user were to post IGM's of an attack, along with multiple confirmation (from multiple Alliances even) of the return destination, would that satisfy you?

Klandor
Stifle View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:43
I believe tracking the birds and then tracking the players to certain alliances is a good idea but it would be worthless if the birds are coming from non affiliated players but something bigger and schemier is happeneing here people. It could be an underground work of the same alliance buddying up with non affiliated characters. That could pose a problem. Everyone watch your back. This might get ugly in the next few weeks. Its a coordinated attack im telling you guys. lol  
Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:43
Originally posted by Clavius Vile Clavius Vile wrote:

In my opinion a t"racking the birde" is not a fair show of evidence, I'm not approving of these diplomatic attacks, but show real evidence.  You can show me a video of a birdie hitting a newb and following the birdie back to someone else, just not your say so.

Following one birdie wouldn't be, but if several in different days all land at the same roost I'd say that is pretty suspicious and condemning.
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:49
I don't know if I'd lump the thieves and the blights together. While both offer animosity only blights offer 100%. It could be two separate people that just so happen to be doing it around the same time. Besides, the blights aren't only being targeted at new players, one of them was cast on me and I'm hardly new.
Johnny112 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:49
Hey, I'm the leader of an alliance (Havoc Unleashed) that is getting repetitively attacked, for no cause. I can understand your position Clavius, but I've gotten mails sent to me by players when Zork (who appears to have stopped the attacks) was admitting to attacking us. Well that stopped AFTER we kept up the tracking for over 14 hours. Yes we constantly had someone monitoring those birds, so we know who they were sent from. Zork was northwest, and now that he's stopped we're getting attacked from the South. Again, no cause, certainly no one sending anyone in the alliance mail about a reason, real or perceived. These attacks are against Random members of my alliance, and for no known reason. So yes Clavius I can see there needing to be proof, but following the birds is the best we have, and we are taking screen shots of where and when they disappear into people's towns.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic