Topic ClosedStop now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 13:06
or they just want to spam spells.
and i am currently looking for the evil evil people that spell spam johnny.
that kind of thing is useless and just mean., whit no profit or whatever gained from doing
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 16:17
Well, it does boost their magic rank, though the same could be done on inactives. 
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 16:34
Originally posted by Celebcalen Celebcalen wrote:

Most Newbes though suffer from sneaky diplo attacks by bigger players who have the "Old Travian Bug" of wanting to farm weaker players. Thieves sent by Bigger players is the most common form of "Newbe Abuse" in Illyriad.

Disagree. The economy is just not there. With the cost to train, upkeep and loss from Runes and Capture, 'farming' using Diplo's is a net loss game. Trust me, you're hurting him more than he's hurting you. It's nuisance value. Experienced players know this.

Likely its the 'new toy' effect. It's probably a player whom has just completed that aspect of the game (research, training etc) and is exploring it. The novelty effect generally wears off.

Its the frustration of anonymity which is the real issue.

Johnny112 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 21:52
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

Disagree. The economy is just not there. With the cost to train, upkeep and loss from Runes and Capture, 'farming' using Diplo's is a net loss game. Trust me, you're hurting him more than he's hurting you. It's nuisance value. Experienced players know this.

Likely its the 'new toy' effect. It's probably a player whom has just completed that aspect of the game (research, training etc) and is exploring it. The novelty effect generally wears off.

Yep I can agree with that. Most of the time it's the fact that I can't identify who's doing the attacking, especially the PoL attacks (Plague of Locusts) that merely destroy things that I have that irritate me. If it was thieves taking it, I'd be irritated, but I could see the benefit to the opposing player, but this is just aggravating beyond reason. Though to be sure, since none of us (me or my alliance members) have given cause for others to attack us, so it pisses me off that we're under attack.

Edited by Johnny112 - 10 Jun 2011 at 21:55
Myr View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 03:50
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

Originally posted by Celebcalen Celebcalen wrote:

Most Newbes though suffer from sneaky diplo attacks by bigger players who have the "Old Travian Bug" of wanting to farm weaker players. Thieves sent by Bigger players is the most common form of "Newbe Abuse" in Illyriad.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I've been on 9 days and was hit by a player with 8 cities. I guarantee he wasn't playing with a new toy. He hit me 8 times in 36 minutes! My rune protection was brushed aside. It takes a long time to get started in this game and being attacked so early on and completely wiped out (aside from a few things in the vault) is completely frustrating. 

Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 10:37
Just pointing this out but if you really want better ways to track these players then perhaps pressure the devs to release the scrying spell school. I always thought it stupid that there was no way to trace the most damageing spells. But it is easy to trace the ones that hardly do anything.
I believe scrying diplomats was also going to be possible
Johnny112 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 06:28
Originally posted by Erik Dirk Erik Dirk wrote:

Just pointing this out but if you really want better ways to track these players then perhaps pressure the devs to release the scrying spell school. I always thought it stupid that there was no way to trace the most damageing spells. But it is easy to trace the ones that hardly do anything.
I believe scrying diplomats was also going to be possible

True enough that it'd be benefical to be able to scry things, but unless a new player (the group in question) researches scrying first (and we all know how bad of an idea that is I believe) then there still isn't really anyway for them to  figure out who is doing the high level magic spells. Sure, they could boost their mage tower to five, do some requisite research to learn a new school of magic, and then learn scrying, but if it's a player large enough to cast high level, long range blights (Such as PoL) then I'm going to bet that the opposing player has enough mana to block scrying or cancel it or some such defensive measure against this type of magic.
Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 06:34
Ok how about this then. A new player gets attacked. Complains in chat. A large player uses scrying which reveals all moving units as though they were in their alliance in a radius of X. The new player still needs to be on when they get attacked but we no longer have to trace the birds back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic