FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStop now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 21:40
I doubt that LH would assign his recruits to thieve others, he has an obsession of destroying the World Powers, not destroying newbies.

[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 22:11
I disagree. It sounds exactly like what one of these game hating trolls would do...
STAR View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 22:36
rather then set you mage spell to slaying runes, change it to seeking runes and set to thieves. Your kill more and may have a better chance of catching the person, if you have basic thieves yourself to defend and capture them with and you havent  killed all his thieves off. If the persons thieves are travelling days to hit you, then it will give you enough time to reset your mage spell.

I would strongly encourage you all to get mage tower lvl to lvl 14 (if you havent already) and mage spell ward of intentions and set to thieves. Your be able to kill up to 400 of the culprits thieves, making you an expensive target.

It doesnt solve the problem but it will help

Edited by STAR - 07 Jun 2011 at 22:37
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 22:57
Originally posted by STAR STAR wrote:

r
I would strongly encourage you all to get mage tower lvl to lvl 14 (if you havent already) and mage spell ward of intentions and set to thieves. Your be able to kill up to 400 of the culprits thieves, making you an expensive target.

It doesnt solve the problem but it will help

Level 14 for new players?

Seems a bit of a jump.
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 04:06
Originally posted by Clavius Vile Clavius Vile wrote:

Level 14 for new players?

Seems a bit of a jump.

Not if you go resource heavy with low taxes it isn't. Mind you, thieves wont help that. Level 14 should just be a goal to work towards though. Even if you get the seeking glyph that's 130 thieves down and often that's enough to make someone think twice.
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 23:07
Originally posted by (EOM) Harry (EOM) Harry wrote:

Hi Guys,

Im just going to be quick and say that who ever is attacking new players to STOP as of now, i am sick and tired of constantly giving out more resources to people who have lost them to thiefs.. It is tiresome and time consuming and frankly i was annoyed at the start and now i'm just angry. So who ever it is sending stupid amounts of blights and diplos to small players, It is your one chance to stop, you will slip up one time, your diplos will be captured and they will tell us who you are.

Remember: One chance im giving you.. One chance.

Note: This has nothing to do with recent events concerning Lorre, this is unrelated and just annoying...

Thanks and regards,

Harry

This is the only post I have read so far on this topic but if my ears are correct and newbies are being attacked for no good reasons I ILL SEND MY ARMYS AGAINST YOU. I may only have 10,000 pop, not much to the big players but I fight to the last man attacking you.
Carl Zeis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 01:37
I second Gemley's sentiment! I hate that people prey on newbs and I will try my hardest to stop it! Anyone message me if they have one of these problems with thieving and who you see doing it! These shenanigans are completely unacceptable!
Johnny112 View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 00:26
Originally posted by JohnnyBravo JohnnyBravo wrote:

Not that I agree with thieving new players but I have to say that it is nowhere near as bad as it was when I started playing just 10 months ago.
Now if the worst thing that happens is some people get a few thief attacks then that is nowhere near as bad as having armies hitting your cities every few hours.

Okay I'd like to say that I'd have agreed with that, but I've literally been hit with every single type of diplomatic type (not unit specifically, but thieves, assassin,s etc) in the past few weeks. I can see how it's hard to get hit with troops, but I would say it's just as hard for a player to have their stuff destroyed as it is to not be able to build it in the first place. I have good runes up to defend myself, but then the enemy stops sending those for a while, or sends multiple waves (one day I killed something around 80 thieves in two waves) before another 2 or 3 waves of enemy diplomatic attacks arrived. This would happen in about a 10 minute time period, then about 2 hours later I'd get hit with another couple of attacks.

I'm not trying to get pitty here, I'm merely using what happened with me to point out that sometimes, Diplomatic attacks can be every bit as damaging to new players as getting hit with an army.
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 00:47
An army would not be as frustrating, at least then you would know who the hell attacked you.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Celebcalen View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 11:09
Cause and Effect. Over the past week there has been a lot issues in Global Chat about people being attacked because a bigger player wants their site to settle on or claim sovereignty.

Most Newbes though suffer from sneaky diplo attacks by bigger players who have the "Old Travian Bug" of wanting to farm weaker players. Thieves sent by Bigger players is the most common form of "Newbe Abuse" in Illyriad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic