FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStop now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
(EOM) Harry View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:50
I think the main point here is the thieving Brids, i know i said blights but it is the theiving first and foremost..
Fool's watch the land when the problem is in the heart.
Canesrule View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 21:51
I played Travian for many years. I stopped because unless one used prestige there was little chance of any success in the game. New players had no chance and were either turned into farms or they quit. I do not want this to happen here. New players breathe life into our world and ensure its continuity. Lets all try keep it that way.
Celebcalen View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 23:03
(EOM) Harry I am a diplomat of Havoc. As my leader Johnny112 said earlier we have been the victim of many diplomatic attacks over the last few days. Today we had seven across our membership. From the numbers that are destroyed by seeking rune we can tell that these diplomats are sent in large numbers by players who are very experienced.

I guess that we are not the only Rookie alliance that has been targetted like this so I would like to thank you for the stand that you have taken here today.
JohnnyBravo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 23:07
Not that I agree with thieving new players but I have to say that it is nowhere near as bad as it was when I started playing just 10 months ago. Before the 4 week rule a player could start up, get to 200-300 pop and then other players would farm them while they were still active knowing that if whether they drove them out of the game or not they would always have a constant source of resources and gold.

Now if the worst thing that happens is some people get a few thief attacks then that is nowhere near as bad as having armies hitting your cities every few hours.

Long and short, join an alliance that can protect you or rune up and build some diplo defense. The biggest strength of an MMORPG is that anything goes within the parameters of the game.

Edited by JohnnyBravo - 06 Jun 2011 at 23:07
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 23:09
Originally posted by Celebcalen Celebcalen wrote:

(EOM) Harry I am a diplomat of Havoc. As my leader Johnny112 said earlier we have been the victim of many diplomatic attacks over the last few days. Today we had seven across our membership. From the numbers that are destroyed by seeking rune we can tell that these diplomats are sent in large numbers by players who are very experienced.

I guess that we are not the only Rookie alliance that has been targetted like this so I would like to thank you for the stand that you have taken here today.

Well done Harry mate. Hey your still in the old FDU now y'know Wink
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 23:12
Basically as a developed character in this game, I view theiving from new accounts as being extremely petty and cowardly.

For a start, they dont even have enough resources to make the cost of diplomats worth while.  I would advise any new accounts that are suffering in this way to build up their mage towers and research rune spells.  Even if you can just kill 10 theives at a time it will prove costly to the perpetrator.

Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 23:45

Originally posted by Celebcalen Celebcalen wrote:

Well done Harry mate. Hey your not still in the old FDU now y'know Wink

Edited by Aneirin - 06 Jun 2011 at 23:46
Leungarific View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 04:44
Posting after a troll... bad luck for a lifetime for me Dead.

We've had FDU members suffer such attacks as well, although it's been a few weeks since that happened.
Isabella Rayanne View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 21:24
Havoc Unleashed has had multiple more attacks this morning. I am uncertain if this is server time or the player's local time. He reports having killed more than twenty master thieves.

Is there a formal four week rule? I have been here sixteen days, according to when I joined my alliance, and most of the other members of my alliance, who have been attacked, have played for fewer days.

It is my understanding that the original attacks were traced, the alliance leader dealt with it, and that ended that player's attacks. We are still, however, under attack. We have received no explanation for these attacks beyond emails forwarded to us. They appear to be nuisance attacks, as we have nothing to justify the effort in these attacks. We are tracking birds when we see them, particularly after attacks. And have successfully requested bird identification by players who have a better chance at identifying them.

Example: One attack, which has been resolved, but not explained, involved thieves stealing eighteen suits of leather armor, three spears and under ten thousand gold. The thieves had to travel hours to reach that city. Why would a player, with the capability of raiding someone at that distance, attack someone for items that have little to no value to that player?

I have read a thread about one player trying to recruit spies and such to cause problems. I am unfamiliar with the player and have no evidence supporting my thoughts on this. Is it possible that thread recruiting people to randomly spy could be behind this? If so, how can it be dealt with in a reasonable manner?

We have done nothing to deserve this type of harassment. Its harassment, with no benefit to the harasser, because there is no cost effectiveness in these raids. We have used diplomacy to handle the offender identified in previous attacks. We can not use diplomacy when we cannot identify who is attacking us. We can only ask for those who are established, and disagree with this type of harassment, to assist us. Should we identify or receive reasonable confirmation of a harasser, or harassers, we will pursue diplomatic recourse.

(On a note, a person attacked by thieves/spies/whatnot, who cannot view the bird near his/her city, while other people can, is proof of who attacked. That can be used to confirm the offending bird indicator and track it back to the offender.)

Sincerely,
Isabella Rayanne, Duke of Havoc Unleashed

Edited by Isabella Rayanne - 07 Jun 2011 at 21:29
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 21:26
good to know. kilotov takes notes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic