Topic Closed02JUN11 Patchnotes: Commander Changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Duuvian View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 02JUN11 Patchnotes: Commander Changes
    Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 13:10
Personally, I don't think 15 prestige is anywhere near a ridiculous amount, considering you can generate one per day by simply logging in. Being reasonable I'm guessing it might take 20 days to re-do a commander completely for free if you were to attempt to log in to play the game in the first place. If I expected re-doing a commander would be a common occurrance, I would be upset, as I would be if the devs constantly made changes that require prestige.

However, this is the first time, and in addition they started giving it out for free. I don't think they've skewed the prestige market towards it being required at all, rather they quite possibly corrected their own generosity that skewed prestige towards being worth less than it should be.

I can't be mad at them for coming up with new uses for prestige that don't skew balance outrageously towards prestige buyers... or at least not when it's free and the cost for essential things like this are generated over time.

However, I think that in the future it may not be a bad idea for the devs to offer a free re-do for things significantly affected by balance changes. I offer that as a word of advice, as there is nothing that people who've spent time on an online game hate more than change towards a system that hints at further payment to perform what they consider integral services.

Also I realize that sounded arrogant considering it's a free game but it's kind of the way economics is sometimes

edit: By that I mean the integral services would be the constant updates. All in all, I think the dev's handled it very well considering all the situations, and I tip my hat to them.

Edited by Duuvian - 05 Jun 2011 at 13:15
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 10:42
Totally Selwyn! me too! Tongue
Selwyn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 17:50
/me wants T1 cavalry to be able to get lvl 15 forced march lol
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 05:36
Could we have a prestige option to reset all commanders in a city?Or at least an option where we can select multiple commanders to reset? Yes i know I'm lazy and don't like to click a button more than i have to.Tongue

Edited by G0DsDestroyer - 03 Jun 2011 at 05:51
Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 01:32
other solutions include;
only T1 units have this divisional bonus
commanders could be changed so that their stats differ from the basic unit so that personal attributes of spearmen commaners are always the best at defence, cavlery commanders attack. Infantry and archers ok at both.
An easy way to work it out would be to divide all stats by unit upkeep then times by 5 so theoereetically all comanders stats would have the same value.

Edited by Erik Dirk - 03 Jun 2011 at 01:41
Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 01:23
Ok hate to point out a HUGE GAPEING FLAW in this update but it seems to me that for t1units,  cavlery is the ONLY defensive unit you would ever want. as most attacks will come from cavlery(p.s. T1 spearmen should have a bonus against cavlery as thats what spearmen are for.)
2. It's possible orc plyers may use a T2 spearman, but I'm in serouse doubt that it would be worthwhile even then.
3. T2 archers would be useful for elves but that's about it.
4. You made no mention of how often you can reset skills. Can I reset skills just before an army arrives, can I reset skills then kill my commanders for practical instant resurrection and hence unbalance the game again.

My advice.
1. Other T1 units would become useful if you changed it so that defensive skills worked the same way as attack. Ie Phalanx Formation should increase all defensive values of spearmen. (plus how can we have a phalanx formation with an army of archers)
Alternativly allow multiple T1 commanders in the same division.
2.Make it so that your commander has to be dead to re-set the skills and this will instantly start the resurection at the old resurection time.

Dakota I certainly hope not, the idea is that you make difficult decisions which will affect the course of battle.

Edited by Erik Dirk - 03 Jun 2011 at 01:34
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 22:03
"Disapperated into a bloody mist" - nice

Note to self - stop making jokes at the Circle of Five's expense.

Edited by Createure - 02 Jun 2011 at 22:04
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 21:37
So now I can execute my commander in front of the other commanders for not destroying that throng of salamanders. Hurrah
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
Dakota Strider View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 21:25
It would be nice if we could have a "stable" of commanders in reserve, that do not need to be resurrected to activate them.  Perhaps a cost in gold only, to bring them back to active duty.  If not, then since we are going to want to have both offensive, and defensive commanders available to use, I hope that the time and cost of resurrecting commanders is reduced.  In terms of "realism" (granted we are playing a game), having commanders waiting in reserve, makes much more sense, than having them waiting in the crypt to be brought back to life, while we kill off another commander, based on the circumstance.   Another thought of the "reserve" commanders, is that there could be an upkeep cost, based on the level, to keep them onhand, but not on active duty.  
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 19:58
Originally posted by Sister Nikki Sister Nikki wrote:

So how many commanders can be in the  "Deceased" status ? I s it worth to level up for example a T1 spear commander for defence and have him in "deceased status" and an attack spear T2 commander in action or vice versa ?
As many as you'd like... And that could be a viable strategy...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic