Topic ClosedA Guide to Sovereignty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Faldrin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 20:18
Originally posted by tallica tallica wrote:

I didn't see this question answered, but I may have overlooked it.

What happens if I have 2 Sov Squares each with level 5 Bladesmith on it. One plot has no bonus for swords and the other has 3%. So my % increase in production time would be 25% and 40%. Are these added straight up or not? Will my overall production be 65% faster?

Also, is there a max to the production increase you can have for one type of item?

Yes 65% faster and no limit but the 20 squares * 8% * 5 = 800 % faster.
tallica View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 03:47
Another question, I see that for Resource buildings, the formula uses the underlying resource and not the given Sovereignty Structure Bonus %, looking at this we get the same % in the end, why was it listed this way?

Example: Abundant Crops have 7 food underlying, but looking at the % for Sovereign Structures it says 1.4%, if you calculate out a Level 5 Farmstead (5 x 1.4 = 7) it's the same as saying 5 x 7 x 0.2 (the current formula)

Just wondering I guess why the formula for Production is (5 + plot %) x Structure Level (the 5 comes from the Sovereign Structure Bonus List, all non resource buildings give a base of 5%) while the Resource isn't the same: Sov Struct Bonus x Structure Level

Maybe I'm have OCD or something....
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 07:27
For basic resource production (wood, clay, iron, stone, food)
(Sov STructure level) x (number of basic tiles) x (0.2)

For advanced resource/unit production 
(5 + plot %)  x (Sov STructure level) 

The base of 5% does not exist for basic resource. But advanced resource sovereignty structures take extra upkeep in the form of resources.

tallica View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 21:18
Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

For basic resource production (wood, clay, iron, stone, food)
(Sov STructure level) x (number of basic tiles) x (0.2)

For advanced resource/unit production 
(5 + plot %)  x (Sov STructure level) 

The base of 5% does not exist for basic resource. But advanced resource sovereignty structures take extra upkeep in the form of resources.

Yep, I was saying that formula does work, but it's not proper, if you look at the description for a plot, you'll see the Sovereign Structure Bonus under the resource tile distribution. This section shows % per Structure Level for each Resource, and says that all others are 5%. Below this list is where you see the additional bonus for a specific structure (or none).

So, the current formula does work, however the proper formula should be

Structure Level x (Plot Bonus + Additional Bonus)

for any Sovereign calculations (Resource or Production)

Most plots have an additional bonus for some specific structure, however there are currently no additional bonuses for Research Structures (so we use 0 as Additional Bonus for Research, plots that have no Additional Bonus and Structures that do not match the Additional Bonus).

Draconix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 12:59
I have yet to see an answer on this so I will ask, WHEN is a good time to start a sovereignty square?
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 15:11
If you're in a populated area, I'd claim Sov I on important nearby plots as soon as possible, but stop there.  The time to start building substantial claims is after you've started maintaining significant military troops and before you start pushing up against bottlenecks that you intend to relax with sovereignty (such as food production limits or livestock production).

Edited by HonoredMule - 19 Jul 2011 at 15:11
Draconix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 18:39
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

If you're in a populated area, I'd claim Sov I on important nearby plots as soon as possible, but stop there.  The time to start building substantial claims is after you've started maintaining significant military troops and before you start pushing up against bottlenecks that you intend to relax with sovereignty (such as food production limits or livestock production).

Thank you for the information but what if your more of a trader than military type?
Rymal View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 00:45
Thanks Mana! 
Hmmmm -- I'm going to have to read this again .... and then again later ... and then maybe I'll get it all.
Thumbs Up
Cerridwyn View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 03:37
How has the change in sovereignty impacted this guide?

Cerridwyn ~-~ Cerdwyn

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 04:34
Here's my take on it:

If a Chancery of Estates building has not been built, the only change is to the name of some of the researches.  If a Chancery building has been built, the cost of maintaining level 1 sov is slightly reduced.

The rest of the guide stands -- it is now a guide mostly to claiming sov for economic reasons.  The new building opens up political and/or diplomatic (as in diplo units) reasons to claim sov but does not generally affect economic sovereignty.

Edited by Rill - 10 Oct 2011 at 20:19
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic