Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 23:03
I never attack.
I am peaceful.
Diablito View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 23:36
Originally posted by Arya Arya wrote:

I disagree. I attack towns all the time, simply to advance my own empire and rank, doesn't mean i want to go to war. 

I did get a warning that i would be provoking a war against a certain alliance if i continued to attack one of their members, my care factor = 0.

I think considering attacks on towns acts of war is fairly simple minded, if i must be blatant, since it is an everyday normal thing with me. If everyone adhered to this i'll be involved in several wars by the end of the week.

Sure if someone starts blockading you or outright laying siege to your city, THAT is an act of war. But everyday attacking for score and resources? You have to be joking.

I don't really mind if people take this approach, i'm just trying to make sense of it.

And you're free to do that, just like how White is free to burn anyone who does this to a member to a sinder with a massed siege assault.
Arya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 23:57
"Bravery is only admirable when backed by a decent measure of common sense."

I never bite off more than i can chew, i assure you. I bide my time.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 01:05
Yet you let us all know well in advance you have no scruples and we'd be better off without you around.

Now we'll bide our time too.
Arya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 01:38
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Yet you let us all know well in advance you have no scruples and we'd be better off without you around.

I gave an opinion, no need to get ratty. Sure i don't care less about peoples towns i attack to improve my own, but that doesn't mean i'm too stupid to know what i can and can't handle. The point i was making in my previous post is to think before you act, but not so much that it dampens your gameplay as a whole.

In my opinion, what's the point in attacking towns being possible if every move you make is considered "an act of war". 

If everyone wants to hold hands and dance around the flower patches i'm sure there's a carebear game out there somewhere, the attack towns function is there for a reason!

Edited by Arya - 27 Apr 2010 at 01:39
fluffy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 01:47
Originally posted by Arya Arya wrote:

I gave an opinion, no need to get ratty. Sure i don't care less about peoples towns i attack to improve my own, but that doesn't mean i'm too stupid to know what i can and can't handle. The point i was making in my previous post is to think before you act, but not so much that it dampens your gameplay as a whole.

In my opinion, what's the point in attacking towns being possible if every move you make is considered "an act of war". 

If everyone wants to hold hands and dance around the flower patches i'm sure there's a carebear game out there somewhere, the attack towns function is there for a reason!

wait, this game isn't about playing red rover and making daisy chains? 

I guess that was the game next door :(
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 03:19
Who's getting ratty?  Your opinion reflects your character, and how else am I to react when you announce that your lack of respect for the owners of neighboring accounts comes without discretion or qualification?  Am I supposed to shake your hand?
Diablito View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 05:59
You're free to play this game however you want, as long as you want to play it the way H? tells you to play it.

Unless of course you're me, in which case you burn a douzen H towns a day for kicks and laugh as they try to break your own.
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 09:51
Why are you derailing this thread Diablito by involving that?
No need for that.
Arya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 12:02

Who's getting ratty?  Your opinion reflects your character, and how else am I to react when you announce that your lack of respect for the owners of neighboring accounts comes without discretion or qualification?  Am I supposed to shake your hand?

Haha, yep, you got my character pretty much spot on there. Lack of respect for others? I call it the more enemies you make, the more potential food for my account.

Why respect neighbouring accounts if they don't respect it themselves? If they are leaving piles of resources and their army sitting at their picnic tables while they are offline, with no defensive measures and whilst knowing there is someone nearby who can obviously destroy them in reasonable travelling time, that's basically asking to be killed.

I find it amusing how you avoided my comment though, and picked out that single one.

But yes, that is my opinion, i am not peaceful at all. I play games for fun, and fun here is destroying armies, stealing resources and killing my way up the ranks. But sure, if you wanna play The Sims go ahead, more towns for me to hit right? Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic