Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Gila View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regarding the upcoming changes to neutrality
    Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 20:00
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

I wonder if HM realizes where Diablito found us all hahaha, if HM understands why that entity is as successful as it is.

I thought it was rabid doberman puppies...?
Arcturas View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 16:42
Gotta agree with the other White members. I've been having a blast, not only with joining in the fight, but also because we band together to protect other White folks who are attacked. We operate as a group, not as a bunch of lone fools who are going to get trounced. Ask stonner what happened when he picked on one of us repeatedly. I think he's still being farmed by the white fellow he tried to bully. 
Arya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 13:08
Originally posted by Jauffrey Jauffrey wrote:

Yes, because repeatedly stealing someones resources, killing the few units they worked hard to get and refusing to cease said behaviour when asked very nicely is by no means aggressive behaviour and an act of war. The alliance Arya talks about is the Knights of the Weald, and we look after our own, but she'll learn that soon enough. Smile

Hehehe, oh I do enjoy things like this. Where's the fun in building mine after mine and talking politics when you can provoke people into giving you some nice defense score. LOL
Jauffrey View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 12:53
Originally posted by Arya Arya wrote:

I disagree. I attack towns all the time, simply to advance my own empire and rank, doesn't mean i want to go to war. 

I did get a warning that i would be provoking a war against a certain alliance if i continued to attack one of their members, my care factor = 0.

I think considering attacks on towns acts of war is fairly simple minded, if i must be blatant, since it is an everyday normal thing with me. If everyone adhered to this i'll be involved in several wars by the end of the week.

Sure if someone starts blockading you or outright laying siege to your city, THAT is an act of war. But everyday attacking for score and resources? You have to be joking.

I don't really mind if people take this approach, i'm just trying to make sense of it.
Yes, because repeatedly stealing someones resources, killing the few units they worked hard to get and refusing to cease said behaviour when asked very nicely is by no means aggressive behaviour and an act of war. The alliance Arya talks about is the Knights of the Weald, and we look after our own, but she'll learn that soon enough. Smile
sooner View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 00:08
The point of the game is to have fun.  Stating the obvious, the sandbox is different things to different people.  It is not just carebear resource growth for all.  It can be roleplay, fighting, or joining a group just for camaraderie.  (There is a freakish Orc out there.)  I have to say I'm having a great time in White.  Local White members coordinate attacks, including the small cities.  We've had forum, irc, and mail comms going from day one.  I'm not in the dark - I know what is going on and I feel part of the team when someone asks for help.  When help was requested, it was with a disclaimer: Don't send it if you need it for your own engagements or building plans.  It isn't all about our leaders - or all about me.  I believe we enjoy White and we get to do what we individually want to do without overbearing restrictions.

I have to give Diablito and the management of White a bow for investing so much of their personal time in creating the group.  I really appreciate their personal sacrifice.

So, yes, I'm having fun - which makes the game worthwhile.  I would suggest everyone should be having fun or consider changing what they are doing and adapt to the point they do enjoy the game - whatever that may be...

Edit: Had to re-add - I obviously fail at copy-paste...
Racki View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 21:27
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

I wonder if HM realizes where Diablito found us all hahaha, if HM understands why that entity is as successful as it is.
Yeah, just like a horde of rabid cats...all riled up on methEvil Smile
Larry View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 19:45
Gila View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 17:29
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Random stuff - apparently as it exits only in his mind...

Clap

Keeves View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 16:07
I personally made 2 of your members go inactive cause of daily attacks because you never assisted them (one of your directors is less then 5 hours away with reinforcements) and H? is saying that all we do is move on the whim of Diab?

HA... I wonder how many more H? i can turn inactive.

Edited by Keeves - 28 Apr 2010 at 16:07
Arbiter View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 15:19
It's hard to argue with someone who's clearly blind to facts, so I'll give you my opinion instead..
Diablito's way of leadership is good and so far it hasn't encumbered any member of White in any way what-so-ever. We send our armies where we please, there is no rule on what we can or can not do. The reason I sent my troops to his town is because I like Diab and would not like to see him destroyed. He's good at what he does. One of the best leaders I've worked with during my years of gaming.. He doesn't tell us what to do unless it's absolutely necessary to thwart whatever plans you lot have come up with. If we supply him with troops or gear it's because we think he's right and we want to help him. 
And on a side note.. All your eleven attacks got decimated. His walls are now fortified with thousands of H? corpses. It's not our fault you chose to charge at his walls without even scouting first. Try as you may but you will not break Gay Paris.

Yours with sincere loathing, Arb
We're the White Company, if something gets in our way we shank it with a ten foot spear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic