Topic Closed13APR11 - Commander Vitality Patch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 13APR11 - Commander Vitality Patch
    Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 16:06
I think we aren't supposed to be using the announcement forum for discussion, so I'm moving my reply here.

Raritor View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 09:34
I like this idea too
The_Dragon View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 07:33
Maybe we can set Commander die if his army die, no matter how many HP he has, with a compensation.

If the Commander still has positive HP left when his army is destroyed, then he need less time to resurrect (if Defy Death don't save him from death). The more HP left, the less time needed to resurrect.

Edited by The_Dragon - 14 Apr 2011 at 11:38
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 03:33
Well now since Vit is a good upgrade and Accelerated heal is, i hope my commander can upgrade his more, since it's stuck at 8/10!Cry
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 00:57
Originally posted by Torn Sky Torn Sky wrote:

i dont think a commander should die with the army on all occasions he is the elite of the army and has more training so in a non overwhelming defeat he should have the skill to slip away injured

^^ which is what the Defy Death skill is for

Originally posted by Torn Sky Torn Sky wrote:

but can a commander take more than 100% damage in a single battle and if say over 100% damage is possible will it be split between the commanders and the already dead units or will the units be taken out of the dmg at 100%(death) and anything over 100% get split bwtween the commanders

Something like that might be a possibility. As said, it's something we'll monitor going forward and adjust (nerf/buff) as we feel necessary based on stats.

Best,

SC
Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 00:05
i dont think a commander should die with the army on all occasions he is the elite of the army and has more training so in a non overwhelming defeat he should have the skill to slip away injured

but can a commander take more than 100% damage in a single battle and if say over 100% damage is possible will it be split between the commanders and the already dead units or will the units be taken out of the dmg at 100%(death) and anything over 100% get split bwtween the commanders
Raritor View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 23:24
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Magic Resistance - possibly the most broken skill of all - will also receive some love shortly.

SC

That will be really great. Hope to use all those magic we have stored!!
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 23:18
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

yes I think Raritor does have a point + this update cheapens experience spent in the 'defy death' slot.

But I agree with SC that we should wait to see how this change plays out in game in large battle situations... there is always that ever important 'fun factor' to consider.

edit: besides I always thought the 'defy death' option was way over-powered anyways.

Well, quite.  This is a rebalance first attempt on the tripartite skills Vitality, Defy Death and Accelerated Healing, all of which have interdependencies.

The one that was most obviously broken was Vitality and this is the one that is now fixed and doing what it should be doing.  We may rebalance Accelerated Healing and Defy Death in the future.  And if you have a gaming thesaurus, "rebalancing" is a synonym for both "buff" and, more often, "nerf".

Magic Resistance - possibly the most broken skill of all - will also receive some love shortly.

SC
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 23:08
yes I think Raritor does have a point + this update cheapens experience spent in the 'defy death' slot.

But I agree with SC that we should wait to see how this change plays out in game in large battle situations... there is always that ever important 'fun factor' to consider.

edit: besides I always thought the 'defy death' option was way over-powered anyways.

Edited by Createure - 13 Apr 2011 at 23:09
Raritor View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 23:03
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Pyrrhus - great name for him ofc - should survive and return home alone, although having lost the battle and in great shame.

It's a great question though, Createure.

This is something we *may* change in the future, depending on what the internal stats show us.  We debated long and hard about whether the commander should die by default if all the troops around him are slain (and only rely on the Defy Death skill to save him).  The jury is still out on this one, and things might change in that direction depending on what the stats show. At the moment he will survive if his maxhealth > 100.

Regards,

SC

In my opinion if the army is destroyed the commander should be dead too. Defy death should be his only chance then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic