FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWay to nice community-problem for the future

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
pixlepix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 11:06
A organized fight is not anywhere close to a real fight. A real fight would be attacking a rivals cities during the night, and  burning them to the ground. I personally left illy because there was absolutely no purpose to me building up my army. If I used it against some one, I had the whole server on me, I would be kicked out of my alliance and destroyed.
Zangi View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 15:13
Maybe if it didn't take weeks/months to build a city, you'd see more gung-ho wars of mutually assured non-destruction.
pixlepix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 02:51
The thing is, what defined building a city? I would argue that todays level of buildings were never meant to be seen. While build time could use an improvement, a city does not have to be maxed out to be functional.
Carl Zeis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 04:40
True, a city does not have to be maxed out to be functional pixle, but when your gold per hour is based off of your towns total population, it is extremely hard to make any army of substantial size, unless you do have a large city. f
pixlepix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 11:20
Substantial size is all relative. If this game was a war from the beginning, then the size required for a decent army would be much smaller.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 12:42
I agree with pixle - particularly for self-sufficient cities (with positive food income) having a lower population allows to you  put taxes much higher which actually increases your overall gold income.
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 16:17
Even so, around 12k pop is the optimal size for max gold income without going horribly negative in food. Maybe it's just me but I'd consider 12k to be pretty large.

Originally posted by pixlepix pixlepix wrote:

While build time could use an improvement, a city does not have to be maxed out to be functional.

The point of the build time being so long is to encourage people to buy and use prestige, so there's really no improvement to make there.
pixlepix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 13:09
The thing is, what is this server had been a battleground from the start? With mass indiscriminate attacks and mass farming. Your cities being attacked on a regular basis. The current armies would be impossibly high, because no one has insanely large cities. 
Kilotov of DokGthung View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 13:19
Originally posted by pixlepix pixlepix wrote:

The thing is, what is this server had been a battleground from the start? With mass indiscriminate attacks and mass farming. Your cities being attacked on a regular basis. The current armies would be impossibly high, because no one has insanely large cities. 

the armies CAN NOT be impossibly high cause of the upkeep system, like cities cant limitless grow in size cause of the food management system......geez...
this is different then your average mmo
attacks rarely bring profit

Edited by Kilotov of DokGthung - 11 Jun 2011 at 13:40
pixlepix View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 14:44
What I am really against, isn't that people aren't aggressive. If they want to save their cities, thats perfectly fine. What I don't like, is that if a truly aggressive player comes, they will be teamed up against. If I attacked a player, I would get the whole world against me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic