Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
fluffy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 01:39
Originally posted by Arya Arya wrote:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

You can order by any column heading - just click on them...

Well i didnt know that! Pinch

/me grumbles and wanders off to bed

/me giggles at arya.  It took people ages to figure out they could click the compass to move on the map, this is no different :P
KeJoRo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 16:23
I love Trade v2 so far. It is by far easier to navigate than the old system and it is a lot easier to get what it is you're are looking for.

For example, as a lowly cow farmer, I was resigned to searching the pages quite thoroughly to find someone willing to buy my (very high quality Wink ) cows for a decent price and was constantly finding orders for "100 cows in exchange for my 20 horses", etc.

This might be a little controversial, but I like the idea of the king taking taxes as well. I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but it'll stop wealthy players from buying everything on the market, then hiking the prices when they sell back and making a killing for very little effort.

My only suggestion is something that may very well be in existence already that I haven't come across yet. That is for the person offering the trade having the ability to set multiple trades in one go. For example, if I wish to sell 100 cows, but seem to be having no luck, an option would be to sell five lots of 20 cows. Rather than post five seperate trade requests, it would be more beneficial if I could set a tally in the initial request as to how many lots of this trade I wish to sell, which also shows up in the trade screen. That way if player A likes my offer, but doesn't have a need for 100 cows and only wants, say, 40, they could buy two lots of my 20 cow offer, leaving the 60 left over for someone else to buy.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 16:47
Originally posted by KeJoRo KeJoRo wrote:

I love Trade v2 so far. It is by far easier to navigate than the old system and it is a lot easier to get what it is you're are looking for.

For example, as a lowly cow farmer, I was resigned to searching the pages quite thoroughly to find someone willing to buy my (very high quality Wink ) cows for a decent price and was constantly finding orders for "100 cows in exchange for my 20 horses", etc.

This might be a little controversial, but I like the idea of the king taking taxes as well. I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but it'll stop wealthy players from buying everything on the market, then hiking the prices when they sell back and making a killing for very little effort.

My only suggestion is something that may very well be in existence already that I haven't come across yet. That is for the person offering the trade having the ability to set multiple trades in one go. For example, if I wish to sell 100 cows, but seem to be having no luck, an option would be to sell five lots of 20 cows. Rather than post five seperate trade requests, it would be more beneficial if I could set a tally in the initial request as to how many lots of this trade I wish to sell, which also shows up in the trade screen. That way if player A likes my offer, but doesn't have a need for 100 cows and only wants, say, 40, they could buy two lots of my 20 cow offer, leaving the 60 left over for someone else to buy.

Hi KeJoRo,

The next set of enhancements to Trade v2, arriving very soon bring in all these concepts (and many more!).

Taxation: town-to-town "excise" and trade hub taxation "faction tax"

Also using a trade hub to buy or sell goods will allow the buyer or seller to choose the quantity the deal-acceptor wishes to buy or sell (and differs from town-to-town trade in this way)  This has to be at the trade hub level due to the "reserving of caravans to service a trade" that town-to-town trade requires.

Regards,

SC

KeJoRo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 17:02
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Originally posted by KeJoRo KeJoRo wrote:

Hi KeJoRo,

The next set of enhancements to Trade v2, arriving very soon bring in all these concepts (and many more!).

Taxation: town-to-town "excise" and trade hub taxation "faction tax"

Also using a trade hub to buy or sell goods will allow the buyer or seller to choose the quantity the deal-acceptor wishes to buy or sell (and differs from town-to-town trade in this way)  This has to be at the trade hub level due to the "reserving of caravans to service a trade" that town-to-town trade requires.

Regards,

SC

Hi SC!

Thanks for your reply. That makes sense then in that case. The way I was thinking of was for the seller to reserve caravans for that purpose, as you said, but I suppose that makes a lot more sense. Hmm. Perhaps I should start working out trading strategies. My cows probably won't like what's coming next Tongue

Thanks again,

KeJoRo
Arya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 20:44
Don't rush yourself SC, seriously, take a holiday.

/me cheers for tax free trading!
Strategos View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Operations

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 21:24

No time for a holiday, you're going to see the major changes this month, go have a peek at the newness thread for a teaser.
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 21:34
Originally posted by Strategos Strategos wrote:

No time for a holiday, you're going to see the major changes this month, go have a peek at the newness thread for a teaser.
"this month" has 2.5 hours left on the game clock.  Wink
Strategos View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Operations

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 21:50
Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Originally posted by Strategos Strategos wrote:

"this month" has 2.5 hours left on the game clock.  Wink

Fine, next month mister nitpick ;)
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 22:01
Ahh, man...You got me all excited thinking the update was mere minutes away.  Now...all I've got is "Soon (tm)"...I'm seriously bummed out...
Grunvagr View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 22:51
I'm glad I read this post.. I didn't know you could sort by distance.

Someone paying the same price but a whole 24 hours closer on travel time sure is nice to know  Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic