GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update 29NOV10 - Trade v2 Part 2
    Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 12:30
Update 29NOV2010
Trade v2 enhanced marketplace
There is now a new interface for trading on the marketplace, which provides more useful information on the buy and sell prices per item.

This interface is temporary until the release of the full UI v2, but the full version will be very similar in format.
Trade v2 auto-cancellations of non-monetised orders
As we mentioned on Friday's announcement, at midday today we auto-cancelled all outstanding trade orders that had not been monetised or which had more than one item being traded for Gold.

Any resources that affected players had left on the marketplace have been returned to them, providing they had storehouse capacity.
Raritor View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 12:44
I like the new interface, makes everything easier, and helps in choosing the offers.

Thanks again
Arya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 13:28
Would love to have an arrow to order trades by distance like price has, and there is plenty of room to write the full word 'distance' you lazy bums. Wink

/me is picky
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 14:48
Originally posted by Arya Arya wrote:

Would love to have an arrow to order trades by distance like price has, and there is plenty of room to write the full word 'distance' you lazy bums. Wink

/me is picky

Your wish is my command - and "Distance" does, just, fit.

You can order by any column heading - just click on them...

Regards,

SC
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 20:45
Out of curiosity, how do you plan to get a price for things for the AI factions? The way the marketplace is now people wont be selling things for what they feel is fair, they will be selling things at a price that undercuts the guy who last put an offer on the marketplace. If Bob sells a sword for 250, Ed is going to sell his sword for 230 and I'm going to sell mine for 200 and the next guy looking to sell a sword will sell for lower than me. How do you get a price from that?
jamieh View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 20:54
Would be nice to have a cancel button like with troops and diplos - just accidently tapped on a shocker of an offer and got stung.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 21:38
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how do you plan to get a price for things for the AI factions? The way the marketplace is now people wont be selling things for what they feel is fair, they will be selling things at a price that undercuts the guy who last put an offer on the marketplace. If Bob sells a sword for 250, Ed is going to sell his sword for 230 and I'm going to sell mine for 200 and the next guy looking to sell a sword will sell for lower than me. How do you get a price from that?
In economics, there is no such thing as a "fair" price beyond what a willing buyer and willing seller agree it to be. 

>How do you get a price from that?

You get a price at each transaction.  The price fluctuates - just like the stock market, or grocery store.  Presumably, there is a low price that keeps all sellers away.  And there is a high price which drives away all buyers.

I think I saw the GM write that when fully implemented, we will have historical price trends available to us which will allow a trader to produce/acquire goods in high demand in order to increase his profit potential.

I am curious to see if players will try to fix prices or attempt to "corner the market" for particular goods.
jamieh View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 21:45
The new trade screen is set up pretty much as a real order book looks like. When there are hubs set up and we get some decent volume then we should see the spreads between buyers and sellers tighten. With regards to "cornering" the Market, because there is an infinte amount of goods available, then no player can disrupt the supply curve. There may be opportunity for profiteering if one is in an area with a war going on of course.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 21:51
Jamieh,

I agree that raw materials are not "cornerable", but with the trading hubs restricting trade distances, and wars creating periods of high demand...I think there might be opportunities to corner specific manufactured goods in certain trade regions.  We'll have to see how the new system actually works...but it might be fun to try this.  :)

I expect that raw materials should have a farily stable price - which is why I started the other thread on the UK1 server forum for Market Prices.

I expect that manufactured goods could have a good deal of price fluctuation.

Anyway, I am excited about the upcoming changes and I hope to see them implemented soon.  :)
Arya View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 23:47
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

You can order by any column heading - just click on them...

Well i didnt know that! Pinch

/me grumbles and wanders off to bed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic