GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update 24NOV10
    Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 22:28
Update 24NOV2010
Moving Your City
After the success of the Tenaril's Relocation Spell that allowed players to move their cities over the last 4 weeks, we have decided to extend the ability to move (once) indefinitely.

There is, however, one change - this spell only applies to your Capital City (your first city ingame). This extension is aimed at helping new players who join Illyriad from having the same benefit that all players have previously had - choosing where they wish to build their stronghold.

All the other previous restrictions on moving your city remain in force, and full details can be found in the help files here.
scottfitz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 22:34
Fantastic, this will be of such a great help to new players, Thank You!
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 23:21
/me resumes construction of the great slave wall

and its allready been put to good use :)
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
col0005 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 05:01
Fantastic addition
One suggestion, perhaps allow this teleportation to occure, with no restrictions, anywhere within a certain range of your alliances capital city perhaps 50 square radius?
King EAM View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 12:23
Great Clap this is going to be a great help to the new players! Clap Bravo! Clap
Raritor View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 14:44
Great help to all new players (and some not so new).

Clap
some random guy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 22:17
Great!
Baldrick View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 23:33
I hate to be the one to point out a slight drawback after all the good work and thought that has gone into this.  Alas I have to say that it is good that this has been extended to a 'once only' option but I think that perhaps some have forgotten what 'New' players are and so this doesn't really help very many.  By the time they realise what they can do, it will be too late.

Only those who know players here when they join are likely to join an alliance with a base some distance away and then use this facility.  For the bulk of new players they will be like myself who found the game by browsing - once you start to play it takes a little while to decide if you will continue or look for something else.  You also take your time to look at the various alliances and see which, if any, meet your thoughts on how the game should be played.

By this time, it is quite likely that, again like myself, you have experimented a little to see how easy (or not) it is to settle another square.  This means that your average player will have two villages/towns before they even consider joining an alliance.

So, limiting it to a move of only the main will not be a useful addition I am sorry to say.  If it was able to include a 2nd village/town then yes, I would wholeheartedly agree with all that has been said. 

But. sadly as it doesn't, on behalf of new players in general, I have to disagree - sorryEmbarrassed
col0005 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 01:39
Hey Baldrick I kind of agree, when I first started I joined a few alliances before I found one that suited me, and as such players may move to be closer to an alliance but find it isn't as suitable as expected, however there are plans to allow players to move any city, which wont be for free, but would help with this problem.
Other options could include the one time move for the capital as well as infinite moves for all towns in the first two month, or perhaps allowing players to move close to the alliance capital as I previously suggested.
If these Ideas aren't taken into consideration then allow the destruction of secondary cities, so that new players may start them again in a better location
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 01:43
Originally posted by col0005 col0005 wrote:

If these Ideas aren't taken into consideration then allow the destruction of secondary cities, so that new players may start them again in a better location

It's called siege weapons, takes towns out pretty well i've heardWink
Just have someone like a mercenary take ut your city or someone else, but nonetheless i believe the idea for having a move for the first two cities might be better for new people
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic