illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Playable troll race

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ordo View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playable troll race
    Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 21:04
It would be nice if players that badmouth others in GC, repeating baseless accusations, would receive a compulsory race change to troll, including a fitting profile picture. Screenshots of more than 5 such incidents, and number of people blocking them would be good criteria.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 21:19
That's certainly an interesting concept.
Think about the side effects such as their units no longer getting special abilities (human cotters only picking up 5 items/hr, elf cav sudenly slowing down etc). Would this be something that only affected newly trained units or existing units as well?
The graphics for their towns on the map being changed to piles of steaming horse droppings....

eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 00:41
My dude, I would *race* to be the first troll player. This may backfire by providing a kind of achievement for trolling.
If someone's trolling that badly, making them take a time out via chat bans or even account bans is the solution.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Ashleigh Jayne View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleigh Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 20:24
Yep, I can definitely see a troll race taking the path that the "ASBO" went in the UK; a status symbol for bragging rights rather than the intended punishment.

Interesting idea though, Ordo!
^^^ Ashleigh Jayne (AKA) AJJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic