illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Server Interest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Duran View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Server Interest
    Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 20:47
Hey everyone!

How likely is everyone to play on a New Server if the Developers ever opened one?!

Looking forward to the comments and hearing your opinions!
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
willd elff View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willd elff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 20:50
Yeah why not?
Sif View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2022 at 20:59
if it whould have many diferents ( that i would like)  from this one exept from being just  new i would ... if not no way.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 02:30
I might pop in for a bit, but I don't have the time for Illy anymore.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 22:51
The devs have previously stated that a new server will never be opened.
This is because it would kill the old server.

Imagine you're a new player, you have the option of joining server A, where people have a 12 year headstart, or server B where they don't. 
You'd pick server A every time.

As for whether I'd play on server B- I tend to neglect my alt as is it, so probably not unless I simply moved to the other server.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Ordo View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 23:27
I'd move over with the team, it would be exciting, but the old server would start to get neglected.
Skorg View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 03:47
not interested
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 21:43
ye gods, people, how many cities do you need? is one server not enough?
Viror View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 12:44
A new server should be structured differently so that it does not take people away from the first one but that everyone is encouraged to play both, perhaps with much higher speeds and periodic wipes in order to make it good for seasonal competitions and battles but keeping the first server on a solid foundation for anyone who wants slow and steady progression, or more prone to PvE with an aggressive npg faction, and the alliance that manages to beat it wins the season, then resets and starts over and so on.
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 11:51
I hope you have been well Rill, and that life is treating you well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic