illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has My Account Been Deleted?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has My Account Been Deleted?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 19:17
I got my "Sitter Account Expiry" e-mail yesterday. Tried logging in today and nothing works. I tried the "forgot password" function and got "This email has the following accounts: 0 Active, 1 Self-Abandoned, 0 Auto-Abandoned, 0 Suspended." & "Unfortunately as you can see you do not currently have any active accounts, so we cannot reset your password." The self-abandoned account is NOT the one in question and this is the exact e-mail address I got the Expiry e-mail to. 

I don't know what to make of this. Should I assume I'm deleted and move on? Ouch
Bonfyr Verboo
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2022 at 23:54
Log into the game under your alt account and do a search for your playername. If nothing comes up in the search it's been deleted. If you don't have an alt account, then just create a new account and do the same thing.

You can also do a search using the url of your previous account number. If it comes up with "This player has no towns" then your account has been deleted.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 02:55
Well, I created a second account and searched for Bonfyr Verboo and it's there, big a life, so to speak. I guess I'm just going to be auto abandoned against my will. Thanks Illy!

Edited by abstractdream - 12 Jan 2022 at 02:55
Bonfyr Verboo
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 06:03
You could try in-game mailing GM Cerberus or opening a petition.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 08:35
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

Well, I created a second account and searched for Bonfyr Verboo and it's there, big a life, so to speak. I guess I'm just going to be auto abandoned against my will. Thanks Illy!

Hi there,

We don't "auto-abandon people against their will".  That would be extraordinarily self-destructive to the fabric of the game itself.  As with all enterprises... we want more players, not fewer.

If you haven't logged in to your account for a (very generous) number of days then the automatic procedures to remove dead accounts kick in, and this is to free up space on the map.  There are multiple warnings sent to your email address before this happens, and - having checked - the email address you provided for the 'Bonfyr Vervboo" account (which would also be the password recovery email address) is not a valid one.  I fail to see how this is Illyriad's fault.

You only just opened up a petition ingame - less than 6 hours ago - and 10 minutes after you wrote "I guess I'm just going to be auto abandoned against my will. Thanks Illy!", which I find, frankly, a little irritating.  Open a petition first, then complain publicly on the forums afterwards.

Notwithstanding, we will look into it, and see what we can do to restore your account access to you.

Regards,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 12 Jan 2022 at 08:39
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 08:41
I have corrected your typo in your email address, and hopefully you will be able to use the password reset procedure now.

Regards,

SC
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 12:07
Yes Sir! That did the trick. Appreciate your attention to this matter.
Bonfyr Verboo
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 12:26
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

- the email address you provided for the 'Bonfyr Vervboo" account (which would also be the password recovery email address) is not a valid one.  I fail to see how this is Illyriad's fault.

Well...I've used the email address for that account for the last 10+ years. How is it suddenly invalid? The years ago abandoned alt account showed up on that "you do not currently have any active accounts" email. So, what's going on here?

I have corrected your typo in your email address, and hopefully you will be able to use the password reset procedure now.

How is it my typo? I never changed the email address associated with the account. The last time I tried logging in (which, admittedly was a while ago) I had no issues. Suddenly it's my typo. Seriously, what's going on here?
Bonfyr Verboo
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 18:18
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

- the email address you provided for the 'Bonfyr Vervboo" account (which would also be the password recovery email address) is not a valid one.  I fail to see how this is Illyriad's fault.

Well...I've used the email address for that account for the last 10+ years. How is it suddenly invalid? The years ago abandoned alt account showed up on that "you do not currently have any active accounts" email. So, what's going on here?

How is it my typo? I never changed the email address associated with the account. The last time I tried logging in (which, admittedly was a while ago) I had no issues. Suddenly it's my typo. Seriously, what's going on here?

Um, I'm not sure what to say, except that there was a typo in the email address attached to the account, which I have corrected.  I'm glad everything is now working as expected.

Best,

SC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic