illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update
    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 16:32
Hey i'm back, anyone figure out any of the mysteries? i have noticed that the plots of certain land formations in elgea seem like they follow patterns that could be previous rivers or streams, I am not sure how to do it but anyone ever do a terrain overlay on elgea?
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 18:49
The geography of Elgea was developed by a computer program. Stormcrow describes the process somewhere.

If you go to the strategic map and check only the boxes for terrain and water you can get some idea of the terrain of the two continents. You can observe that the Broken Lands is much more seismically active than Elgea. I did some work on the plate tectonics of Elgea when I was the geographer, but that was before Broken Lands was discovered.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 20:12
I've got a map showing the combat terrains of the whole world that I'm using for testing my pathfinding ideas. You can zoom in to quite a close level before it starts to pixelate and you can scroll around the map using the cursor keys.

Edited by Tensmoor - 03 Oct 2021 at 20:14
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:12
The biome, Combat Terrains and Rare Terrain options in the Custom Map tool on IllyStuff is now working again. Note that the data for all of the overlays are stored as bitmap images that are 'full size' for Illy (2001 x 4301). This means that they can actually show an individual tile but at the same time are fairly large and this means the page takes a bit of time to load all the images at the start (there are over 50 full sized images in total). If anyone has any (reasonable) need for their own copy of a particular overlay please let me know and I'll get them listed somewhere when I can.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:52
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

The biome, Combat Terrains and Rare Terrain options in the Custom Map tool on IllyStuff is now working again. Note that the data for all of the overlays are stored as bitmap images that are 'full size' for Illy (2001 x 4301). This means that they can actually show an individual tile but at the same time are fairly large and this means the page takes a bit of time to load all the images at the start (there are over 50 full sized images in total). If anyone has any (reasonable) need for their own copy of a particular overlay please let me know and I'll get them listed somewhere when I can.

Correction: The Rare Terrains option is not working and probably never will due to the fact that these are in the most part single tile items which means they would be single pixels at 100% zoom.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic