illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Random NPC Buy/Sell Orders in dead trade hubs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Picky Princess View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picky Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random NPC Buy/Sell Orders in dead trade hubs
    Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 20:25
Good day GMs, 

I would like to make a petition for a gameplay addition. I would like to suggest NPC Buy Orders in different trade hubs. Buy order prices will be random, can be lower or higher than market price. The items for buy orders will also be random, i.e. 200 pcs of any anatomy, or 1000 pcs or any crafted weapon, or 4000 pcs of a certain type of horse, or 5 million wood, etc. 

This will definitely create another dimension for the trading playstyle. I can do buy orders in a different side of the map and transport it to a far away hub to fulfill NPC buy orders that pop up there, or craft a random buy order that had a high amount in a certain hub with a high price -- these activities in turn will create a more diverse market because everything will keep moving and will act as another gold sink for the game. NPC buy orders can expire in let's say 30 days, so it won't spam the market. 

It will also create a market for other dead items in the game. NPC Buy Orders can liven up the crafting and hunting side of the game. And we can even put specialization in buy orders, i.e. desert hubs will have buy orders for arctic anatomy products, this will help move things around.  
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 16:44
i don't understand how this would make any sense. why would a faction (i assume this is what is meant by "npc") place a buy order at a higher price than available sell orders? why would npc buy orders at a lower price than market be different from player buy orders at a price lower than market?

i am sure there are underlying problems with crafting and trading that you are trying to address, but i can't tell from the post what they are. if the market is oversupplied with a particular material, the appropriate reaction from a supply side is to make something else, ideally something more valuable to the market and hence undersupplied. if there are no such goods,  it indicates a larger issue with the economy of the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic