illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What to do and what not to do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bep Cow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bep Cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do and what not to do
    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 01:15
[23:56]<Ordo> Landing a mini town militia near someone and trash talking: a valuable lesson by B Cow

This forum is a guide on what to do and don't do by Bep Cow, a famous player who always does the wrong right wrong things!

What Bep Cow does wrong
Land a militia only town next to a wild lonewolf2 for a bet of 1m gold.
Uses a battle calculator but doesn't input terrain resulting in a complete loss of all his cavalry
Attacks with cavalry in forests which put cavalry at a huge disadvantage.
Puts down resource consuming buildings leading to negative resource production
Claims sov and upgrades the sov structure without reading and resulting in negative resource production.
Not reading alliance info and rules.
Pissing off alliance members.
Upgrading vitality a ton turning my commanders into low powered juggernauts that end up dying.
Trying to build/upgrade buildings (and preparing days in advance) when not having the required resource storage capacity.
Having siege engines on standy-by without researching siege encampment
Not reading guides due to no time and forgetting to read them the next day.

What Bep Cow is good at (also wrong/bad things to do)
Hunt with soldiers-good
Making lots of gold (yes)-good
Making lots of militia (lowest tier and weakest unit in game i think) clone army :) ?-good and bad
Attacking cities without walls with battering rams (which destroy walls)-just dumb

If you need any tips, message Bep Cow on Illyriad. W.I.P. This is all I can think of

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 05:42
Well done! Lots of good not-to-dos here. (I have done a number of them myself, except for that lone wolf thing, I wouldn't do that).
Bep Cow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bep Cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 22:39
Amazing new battle/attack tip-
USe a battle calculator
When you attack, make sure you have the minimum amount of surviving troops because that actually minimizes losses. (if you forget to input terrain, that probably means your amazing army will get mauled, or slaughtered, or decimated, cut to pieces, smashed, maybe even killed, like the commander who may or may not dead after the battle you were supposed to win. All your fans will be disappointed. Example: Me, Bep Cow-I have immortal militia!!!. A bit later. Me, Bep Cow- Nooooo they all ded, then: oops i forgot to put terrain, then Nubcake: >:( you lied,  your militia aren't immortal)

Dont do's
DO NOT forget to input terrain in calculator because that changes the balance of both sides in battle
DO not forget to input commander stats in calculator

Always remember, popularity boosts morale.. 
because uh...you have food from fans to feed army. army say yay food we will not run away!
Lupia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lupia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 13:39
You've made a few good points here Bep.  Ask for advice in AC or send me an igm.  Reading and following advice given from players who have taken the time to help you is a great place to start.  If you speak coherently and nicely in GC, you'll find that people there will help you as well.  If you are an ass, they will send hostile diplomats and armies instead of resource packages.  Illyriad has a great community and there are many ways to play this game.  In ITG, our goal is to help you grow your account and learn the basic mechanisms of the game so that you can go on and play the way you want to.
Bep Cow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bep Cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 23:22
:) just trying to help newbies do ok.

Bep Cow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bep Cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 01:39
And another thing to do is to get a good ally.

I ended up in nice ITG. 
Just got first real pvp battle stats today
Bep Cow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bep Cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 17:49
Um. You could say so?

SC NOTE:  Spam post above was deleted

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 25 Oct 2021 at 08:02
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic