Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Devs: In my opinion it is time to add opt-in PVP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Devs: In my opinion it is time to add opt-in PVP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 21:57
You're asking for a major code change just because you disagree with the policy change of a handful of alliances. It's frankly ridiculous, and I hope the devs don't dignify it with a response, let alone indulge it. 
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 22:19
Originally posted by King Sigerius King Sigerius wrote:

How about the pvp players quitting because there isn't enough pvp? You don't seem to care about them.

I do care about them. I do not know enough though on how to fix their problems. The PVP players should do that. In a way that does not hurt other players of the game that want to stay out of it.

Originally posted by <span style=font-weight: normal;><span id=userPro11 =msgSidePro title=View Drop Down><span style=font-weight: normal;>Grom</span></span></span> Grom wrote:

You're asking for a major code change just because you disagree with the policy change of a handful of alliances.

The technology is there (rainbow) thus an easy implementation might be fast. That is not the point of the post though.

Originally posted by <span style=font-weight: normal;><span id=userPro11 =msgSidePro title=View Drop Down><span style=font-weight: normal;>Grom</span></span></span> Grom wrote:

It's frankly ridiculous, and I hope the devs don't dignify it with a response, let alone indulge it. 
That would be an answer too.

You started the "attack" on the non-PVP player base. As i wrote, i am just trying to fight back and protect them.
King Sigerius View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Sigerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 22:33
We're fixing the problem right now! lmao
BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 22:34
So there are two possibilities
A) The devs listen to this and radically change this entire game trying to cater to a few loud voices and abandon the game they have developed for years.
or
B) They keep the game as is, causing a lot of loud complaining from a few people and maybe some departures.

I sincerely hope that we harm as few non pvp'ers as possible, but this game is a sandbox game, and if you want the things you want, you have every right to put together a coalition and make yourself known.
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 22:54
Originally posted by BrianN BrianN wrote:

So there are two possibilities
A) The devs listen to this and radically change this entire game trying to cater to a few loud voices and abandon the game they have developed for years.
or
B) They keep the game as is, causing a lot of loud complaining from a few people and maybe some departures.

In my opinion your are completely misreading the player base of Illyriad. I do not have the details, but in my experience there are (a lot) more non-PVP players than PVP players. And yes, most of them are quiet - but they are still playing and enjoying the game. And some of them do not use GC because they are scared of upsetting PVP players.

Since i started playing the game there were multiple instances were non-PVP players got attacked or declared on because they said something in GC that another PVP player did not like.

I am ready to abandon my accounts if needed. Otherwise i would not have done this. I expect to get attacked soon. As that is the usual way of resolving conflicts for PVP players - even against non-PVP players. If that is the way it should be played according to the devs then i am fine with it.

Originally posted by BrianN BrianN wrote:

I sincerely hope that we harm as few non pvp'ers as possible, but this game is a sandbox game, and if you want the things you want, you have every right to put together a coalition and make yourself known.

I honestly would love to fight you. But i won't. Because then you get what you want. You "win" and the problem does not really get solved in the long run. To quote myself: It is usually smarter to not engange in what the other player is good at but instead play your own strength

Edited by Thirion - 17 Jun 2021 at 22:56
King Sigerius View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Sigerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 23:01
Listen to this guy, public crying is his strength!  
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 23:04
Originally posted by Thirion Thirion wrote:

I am ready to abandon my accounts if needed. Otherwise i would not have done this. I expect to get attacked soon. As that is the usual way of resolving conflicts for PVP players - even against non-PVP players. If that is the way it should be played according to the devs then i am fine with it

I hope you don't abandon, and I hope you will give up this folly. But to correct a slight mistake in your reasoning here, the usual way of resolving conflict through PvP applied to this case wouldn't get you attacked, but random players in ITG. 
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 23:11
Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

I hope you don't abandon, and I hope you will give up this folly. But to correct a slight mistake in your reasoning here, the usual way of resolving conflict through PvP applied to this case wouldn't get you attacked, but random players in ITG. 

I was only a guest at ITG to fight in faction play and the tournaments with them. And help their players with advice and resources. I left with both of my accounts.
BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 23:22
It confounds me how easily people here (in general) abandon and come back all the time.  There's no need to abandon...if the game isn't doing it for you anymore, take a break.  If there's ANY chance you'd come back there's no reason to abandon...don't burn bridges.
Lupia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 23:24
Your advice was much appreciated Thirion.  Thank you for everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic