illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ascn/Falln Diplomacy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
BayNights View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BayNights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ascn/Falln Diplomacy
    Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 06:45

Hear ye Hear ye! BayNights is here to deliver an announcement in Tallimar Town Square!

*Clears throat

Greetings my fellow citizens of Illyriad! Extraordinary times require exceptional communications, and we, as members of the greatest continent (Elgea), all know GC is not that tool.

This brings us to our matters at hand. Falln has found itself at odds with an alliance of Elgean associates. Many of us have known one another for years. As a member of Falln, I accept Ascn’s grievances - some of them justified and some of them not. I am here today to personally apologize for past transgressions against select members of Ascn. While we have enjoyed our occasional playful sparring, we would like to be clear of our future intentions.

We as Falln, and me as BayNights, would like to move forward in peace and are publicly announcing a complete cease fire from our members, one which started on 3.13.21. This cease fire from Falln will persist unless attacks continue on our cities (we have reason to believe further escalations from Ascn on our members is imminent). It is often easy to mix messages in Illyriad politics, so our message is in writing publicly and clear. If Ascn chooses to accept our peace offer, their members and associates will have uninterrupted peace now and in the future. In a show of further proof of our intent, we are offering a NAP publicly along with this statement.

While our message is one of peace, we would also like to clearly state our position. We have recorded each member of Ascn and their alts in and outside of the alliance as of 3.13.21. If a Falln city does find itself under aggression from our friends, each member of the alliance and their associated alt(s) will owe a debt, one which Falln will collect when and where it sees fit. We expect no future complaint from Ascn should they choose this path as an alliance, for we are stating it here along with our commitment to peace and a request for attacks on our cities to cease immediately. We have no issue with our Ascn neighbors, but if it is war they want, all members and cities will have it follow them.

Thank you my fellow citizens of mighty Illyriad. Your attention in times like these is of utmost importance and your discussion is most welcome among the lands.

BayNights

Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:00
To translate this for those not fluent in BS:

For the past few years Bay has been razing Ascn cities wherever he saw the chance. Then he moved next to their main hub in Elgea and told everyone that wanted to hear that he was going to attack them there too. Apparently somewhat to his surprise and dismay Ascn did not like that. They killed his cav. They killed his inf. Now Bay wants peace until he has inf and cav again, but he also wants to look tough. So he tells Ascn that every Falln city they raze will incur a debt. The only question a sane person will have after reading that should be: Does he plan to pay his own substantial debt to Ascn in a simular fashion?

Snagglepuss View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagglepuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 14:18
Ironic how Grom was the first person to respond and try to discredit Bays attempt at ending hostilities?? I would gladly pay any and all of Baynights war debts ASCN feels Bay owes them
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 14:26
To discredit something it must have some credibility to begin with. Bay suggested paying any debt in cities razed. If you pay his to Ascn in that manner, both Snags and Raps would be left with nothing but a small hamlet. Anyway, was just providing some background for those that haven't the foggiest what happened prior to this post. 
Duran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 16:19
Very much reads, like, I want this to drag on so it keeps FALLN from coming on the offensive against TCol again. Either way, I love this post, because this is what the forums is supposed to be used for. I don't think neither myself, Grom, or Snags should be involved in it. 
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 16:44
Nobody said I was unbiased, but that doesn't make my argument any less valid. As for not involving ourselves:

"Thank you my fellow citizens of mighty Illyriad. Your attention in times like these is of utmost importance and your discussion is most welcome among the lands"
Fanuidhol View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fanuidhol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 22:24
How about returning any territory that was razed?
Smopecakes View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smopecakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 00:15
To my knowledge Saints/Iron had an entirely good reason for the initial attacks... certainly better than the cacus belli for the Tcol/Rum war

NCrow was truly unfortunate in my eyes, due to a perceived wartime threat from a Tcol confederate. I didn't think there was a threat but also was unhappy to see them close up shop before they had a chance to agree to the terms of dropping the confederation

In the first case I don't see a reason for returning territory, referring to DangerRuss's BL cities and Stormstone, in the second I would say there is a case for reparations for the loss of NCrow though it was their attachment to Tcol and not Ascn that led to hostilities

Perhaps Tcol and Falln could combine to offer some kind of recompense for the NCrow situation to Ascn as NCrow never would have been suspected by Saints/Iron/Rum if not for the war 
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 01:02
Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

Anyway, was just providing some background for those that haven't the foggiest what happened prior to this post. 

Can you elaborate further on what happened? It has gone to the back of my mind.

And Duran is on to something. These forums should have more of this kind of dialogue/posturing around. It's good to have something to point to if there are any misunderstandings. Something to look towards when you remember what decisions you made after clarification was presented.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Smopecakes View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smopecakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 01:03
Hmm, it was a mistake to bring up the Tcol/Rum war cause as it's considered forgiven and forgotten particularly by those most involved. I just wanted to jab Grom since these various events are preventing putting more cracks in the Hasturtle shell Evil Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic