illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ascn/Falln Diplomacy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Wild View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 16:06

Apologies, I shall be doing no quotes etc. 
This is a QUICK REPLY... 
I personally am happy this chat became public and grateful for all the opinions and thoughts also. I think illy politics is the biggest thing in the game, and GM StormCrow did once agree on that. What stops some from enojying the game, is when it becomes personal, some like Snaggle~Raps are thick skinned, ;p but not all of us are. Wacko

I do believe Bay, whom I've known a long time (and in RL wish all the best!) may have reacted to a PC a little sooner than should have to this thread he has created.
Terms for "peace", though no war was ever declared all this time Ascn have dealt with aggression in a good few forms, are going to take longer than some may think and hope. 
Reason being, Ascn are unhappy with the close proximity of the new cities in Qaro... 

If there is no agreeable moving of ANY of the cities on the doorstep of where Ascn were first, ceasefire is the maximum anybody can hope for and I sincerely apologise to our friends in the middle of this. We have never actually tried to help TCol actively - but if that is how it is spun, um - Good luck to TCol?  (yep, never dreamt ever would say that XD) 

I think what we all can and should agree on is... please! No more players forced out of the game due to unwelcome PVP, we have lost too many amazing players already! 

Be safe, sensible and respectful folks. 
Regards and Please do continue the thought process here, it surely is the right forum for politics and diplomacy! 

Approve

Ryklaw View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ryklaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 04:09
A partial truth is still a lie. 

Ryklaw was presented with an ultimatum affecting many honorable players, which included abandonment by Ryklaw without disclosing details... In short, I was forced from the game which BN is well aware.

I have enjoyed a rich life away from Illy for over a year. This brief view into Illy forum reminds me that life is better filled with honest relationships absent of the emotional investment required to respond to digital deceptions. 

I wish all the best
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 09:55
Hi Ryklaw! 

If you return to the game again, I have three of your cities that I bought for a hefty sum of 100m gold per town. Thought it would be cool to have some of your towns, since well, they belonged to you, a veteran of the game and had all research done as well as the famine management discoveries. 
You put a lot of work into building your account up. Then one day, after given an ultimatum and after placing your towns in Jurgor, the button was hit. Obviously you could not defend all your towns from the aggressors, who were only looking to have a good fight. It seemed to be a statement. However that statement didn't really work. Players continue to find pleasure in removing others, or attempting to take control of regions. But with that said, coming into the forums to flame the game seems like a meh thing to do. If you don't play anymore, why antagonize the rest of us who enjoy the game? Just curious what your need to do that came from? 
You are missed, but not if you are still pissed.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 00:58
Miss you Ryklaw. I am also enjoying life more outside of Illy.
Smopecakes View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smopecakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 18:05
I see there is (or at least was) more going on than I knew of. Regarding the BL/Stormstone/Trome occurrence which Mano asked of me, to my knowledge it was a matter of a chat ban insult which the details are better forgotten and against forum rules to discuss. I see it as BL towns of the player I mentioned being attacked and then Stormstone and Trome coming in as a package deal as Iron/Saints were not comfortable with Ascn clusters near them afterward.

Regarding Ncrow I was directly aware of the situation and the trigger was Pure Water was believed to have recently moved towns very close to a coalition player leading to the belief this was a set up for a siege by Tcol.

One disputed event I could also mention on was the siege of Hotattack and Rupe. I believe this was triggered by scouting of coalition players before the previous tournament. I personally expected Ascn to attack after that tourney as I don't think they competed for first in it and the scouts were tracked to the Ascn cluster with Hotattack as the believed source (by me and I think others) 

Seeing they did not attack I assume the scouts were actually for tournament purposes, and my expectation of Ascn retaliation for Stormstone was entirely a wrong assessment of their intentions and attitude

(Fyanna)
Smopecakes View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smopecakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 23:18
One forgotten detail is the background of the attack on Ryklaw... after the Sindicate war was over a number of Sin players had abandoned and restarted with new accounts or had been ringed. Some Ascn players were still sieging the one towners including in G! which was the reason G! made the demand of Ascn players to exo from their area as far as I know

Anyhow, salute to Ascn for an epic siege, many were Falln but some say the damage is never done
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 16:26
[22:51]<System> ** News flash: Fallen Order [FALLN] declares war on Northern Ascension [Ascn] Hostilities may begin immediately...

We have failed to reach a peace agreement with Ascn. They have rejected our simple peace proposal, and instead chose to pursue very punitive terms against us. These terms were not acceptable, and all of our other proposed options were rejected. It seems Ascn's desire for punishment outweighs their desire for peace. The only viable option for us at this time is to more aggressively pursue military action against them, and so, let there be war!
BayNights View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BayNights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 17:15
Hello Illy Friends and Foes! BayNights here on the 2 year anniversary of our original post (March 22, 2021) to revive this thread. 2 celebrate, Falln is razing 2 cities at the same time right now in Tamarin. We encourage everyone to follow along by checking the ongoing sieges page in your browser. As part of our anniversary celebration, we'd like to share a few things that have transpired since our original discussions and offer of peace to Ascn.

First off, time really flies while you're having fun! It's been an exciting couple of years in Illy with lots of new developments. As many recall, in the middle of our peace discussions (shared publicly here) Ascn chose to surprise attack our members in the north to clear our cities and eradicate our Falln cities. We lost over 200K offensive troops overnight in their attacks. What followed was a war declaration by Falln, and where the real fun began.

Since our war declaration:
  • Ascn has lost over 200 cities to razing, capture and forced exo
  • Ascn has fallen (no pun intended) from the #1/largest alliance in Illy to #4, losing 40 members along the way
  • Ascn has not placed in the top 3 of a tourney since our declaration, after a long history of collecting medals for their members
  • mano and hotattack, the original "instigators" of the war and former leadership, have been demoted in the ranks of Ascn. (We're not sure what this means or really care, it's just interesting)
If you recall, at the time of our declaration Falln was less than 1/3rd the size of Ascn. We're excited to share our members have grown (thank you for your cities Ascn) and that we are now fast approaching a similar size as our enemies. Despite all our battles, Ascn has yet to raze a single city of Falln's.

In the meantime, because we are in a festive mood, we are providing Ascn with the option to pay a 2 trillion gold peace bounty to Falln should your members prefer to exit the war (some exceptions might apply on who can exit with this bounty).

Looking forward to seeing Ascn troops back on the battlefield!

BayNights
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 03:04
2,000,000,000,000 ... Yikes!
A billion is hard enough to scrape together for 1 player, so 2,000 billion is not small beer.
Over 2 years? 
Seems like yesterday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic