FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Harvesting Skyfallen Stones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harvesting Skyfallen Stones
    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 02:39
Basic herbs and minerals absolutely can be overharvested (or at least generally can, provided the site is not too large, which I haven't seen). You just need enough cotters to do the job. Divide the number of minerals or herbs by 5 (or 7 for humans), then add one more and that's how many cotters you'll need to overharvest the patch. For an herb patch, it will move somewhere else, leaving just the skyfallen stones, and you will only need to overharvest once; for minerals you will need to do this repeatedly.

Edited by Rill - 13 Jun 2021 at 02:40
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 22:20
The stones are appearing on basic herbs and minerals.  I don't believe those can be over-harvested.  And the stones that appear on hubs surely cannot be harvested.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 03:56
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Those spots are there to challenge newbies or new cities to build enough cottages to overcome the quantity of basic herb/mineral that's already there so they can collect skyfallen stones. 

Complete tangent: This is how I discovered that if you overharvest minerals they do NOT respawn with exactly the same number as before. The same mine does NOT reappear. Rather, a mine of that type, within the general parameters of whatever mineral it is, reappears, including rares, which may have different quantities when they reappear after being overharvested. Moral: If you have a mine with 1 x and the x mine can vary between 1 and 3 units in a mine, send 3 miners until you can coax it to spawn a mine with 3 and thereafter never send more than 3. I first observed this with flektrine in Ursor.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 14:11
Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

They tried to remove all the places where it had happened manually, but I guess its still happening.

Bump.  Still a frequent occurrence. 
anderss View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anderss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 16:03
I think it's not a problem at all.

Edited by anderss - 03 Jan 2021 at 16:05
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 12:41
They tried to remove all the places where it had happened manually, but I guess its still happening.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 21:57
Nope.  Cotters went for the basic herbs first.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 16:29
I thought that had already been done Wartow.
I remember TC posting something about it in GC.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 16:26
There seem to be a significant number of squares on which the Skyfallen Stones are found alongside basic minerals and herbs (example: https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-414/485).  Harvesters will always go for the basic minerals and herbs before attempting to gather the Skyfallen Stones.  One would have to send a sufficient number of harvesters to gather all of the basic herbs or minerals, if this is even possible, before collecting the Skyfallen Stones.  

Is it even possible to over-harvest such that the Skyfallen Stones are accessible?  And if not, could the order of harvesting be changed such that the Skyfallen Stones have precedence over the basic mineral and herbs on these squares?

Asking for a friend...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic