illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Server Possibility

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Smopecakes View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smopecakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Server Possibility
    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 00:23
I agree with Thirion... there is a good quality in the permanent server where a motivated player can reach the level of 10 year vets in about 2 years. Unlike other mmo strategies it's not dominated by super players who are untouchable because you can't play 24/7, as I see it.

I think a second server could be possible as a temporary one, maybe with a victory condition. Probably 3x or 5x speed and production. I think a second permanent server isn't in the cards but a revolving temporary one could be the ticket for fresh starts and more adrenaline.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 10:17
Once AoA launches, there will be a big influx of players going from Illyriad over to AoA to see how it is. We can play both games at the same time no problem, but maybe fighting wars in both games might get a bit tedious so at some point have to choose activity levels/priorities. 
Nevertheless, the point I'm getting to here, is that with AoA release, we may see a spike in new players coming to the game. With AoA having a global chat much like Illyriad, we can talk to players there. We can in theory advertise for Illyriad in that global chat, and since both games made by Illyriad Games LTD, no one will mind :))

So with these new players, we can get them over to Illyriad (maybe) and once that happens, a new server possibility will be even greater, since all those new players are gonna think "dude, this server has been open for 10+ years, who da fuk wanna play here now?" and then devs will be like "omg, this dude is right, if we want Illyriad to survive, we gotta make da new server dudes".. 
and then we will get new server.

ty

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 22:04
Nomination refused Tongue
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 17:45
Perhaps a player ran server would be better. I nominate tensmoor!
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 17:24
New Server please.

Hiei
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 17:48
@Duran, I guess that lays out the problem pretty clearly. An unenforced rule means that cheaters have an advantage with no consequences. Getting rid of the rule creates different issues (endless gold farm accounts will probably be the most obvious, more than the armies mentioned by E.) but it levels the playing field for players who are, and have been, following the rules this whole time. 
Duran View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 06:10
Going back to what Eowan mentioned about the possibility of multiple accounts, I mean it’s already not enforced, despite petitioning. So I mean if the player base could get a solid confirmation of it, the devs would likely pocket more money from players who want to be competitive faster. Just my two cents. Not to derive from the topic which we’ve already derived from. 

I think a new server would fit this game immensely. Especially if there’s a way to do so with keeping the current one in its state. 
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 03:57

Of the accounts who have more than 30 towns, how many are pvp accounts? Tourneys don't count as there's a very low risk of losing towns there.
I'm willing to bet it's none.

Ranalos is a 30 town pvp account. I just got the 30th town in December and am currently pushing for the tourney, but I'm in the process of tearing down and realigning the interior of the towns to match my long term pvp mindset. 

Also, I didn't realize there were so few 30 city accounts. 
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 07:58
Originally posted by Alfred Alfred wrote:

As long as illy is retaining enough new users, best not listen to numpties like me anyway :P

I personally do not like people being fed by massive accounts , the city amount increase patch, The amount of naff crafting items. The quests that offer rewards suited to the early days of illy, discoveries that offer little. Nor the staleness of current affairs the game, illy feels more of politics Simulator than an RTS involving multiple worthwhile aspects. 
One that requires you to play/invest for at best months...to start playing. 

I find this a shame, as the game could have so-much more to offer, Game updates would also help.

I failed, because I played the game, rather than meta farming.... before selling my soul to some old grudge match for some decent PVP action. .

I would recommend EVE online, otherwise known as spreadsheets in space for such mind numbing m3ta grinding if thats your thing. You can flog off our ISK for real money as well.

But as I said, if illy is doing well, then my petty concerns matter not :P

Illyriad is not a PVP game. It has a ton to offer, but not good PVP. And with the current military balance i do not think that its going to change.

This game is amazing for crafters, builders, tournament and "sandbox" players. With that it has its own identity. If you want to play an easy PVP RTS brower game chose one of the 100 other games that already exist. I have not found a browser game that has the depth of Illyriad. Why change that?

And no, you do not need to "meta farm" in this game. Find one of the areas you like (that is non-PVP) and you can play/participate from the beginning.

Originally posted by Alfred Alfred wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDcOjDP4C8 ;( South Park - World Of WarCraft Killing Boar's )

That old clip sums up I feel 8)

That is not what happened though. To me it seems like you thought that after a year you could fight a whole PVP alliance that is playing/fighting for years alone (which should be never possible in a good game?). Do not be aggressive against any of the few PVP alliances and you can do whatever you want.

Alfred View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 17:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDcOjDP4C8 ;
South Park - World Of WarCraft Killing Boar's )

That old clip sums up I feel 8)

As long as illy is retaining enough new users, best not listen to numpties like me anyway :P

I personally do not like people being fed by massive accounts , the city amount increase patch, The amount of naff crafting items. The quests that offer rewards suited to the early days of illy, discoveries that offer little. Nor the staleness of current affairs the game, illy feels more of politics Simulator than an RTS involving multiple worthwhile aspects. 
One that requires you to play/invest for at best months...to start playing. 

I find this a shame, as the game could have so-much more to offer, Game updates would also help.

I failed, because I played the game, rather than meta farming.... before selling my soul to some old grudge match for some decent PVP action. .

I would recommend EVE online, otherwise known as spreadsheets in space for such mind numbing m3ta grinding if thats your thing. You can flog off our ISK for real money as well.

But as I said, if illy is doing well, then my petty concerns matter not :P
Warning: may contain traces of sanity
( Current username Lord DeFault Ni old; King Alfred wCrow)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic