Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Versus Animals Doesn't Work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rua View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Versus Animals Doesn't Work
    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 16:58
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Still looking into it!

Can we expect fixes to versus animals bonus in year 2022, GM Stormcrow?

flatfisher View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 21:32
 Just test, 60+1 Elite knights took down 356 wild dogs, 4 casualties which is better than battle calculator, saying I should lose 7 units. Fully equiped with boar spear (commander&units!).
Commander has 10 heroism and 15 charge (also other skills trained, but those don't count here)

Battle report:
Your army has defeated the defenders and your occupation of this location has begun.

Attackers: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:
Commander: Bigbird Knights Knight 1 Damaged for 6, 194 health remains.
Troops: Knights Knights 60 4 56

Defenders: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:
Troops: Pups Pups 171 171 0
Troops: Wild Dogs Wild Dogs 126 126 0
Troops: Rabid Hounds Rabid Hounds 38 38 0
Troops: Pack Leaders Pack Leaders 21 21 0
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 19:14
Originally posted by Solanar Solanar wrote:

I know *holidays* but BUMP. Don't let this slide to that back of your minds.

Absolutely not forgotten, Solanar.  Many test iterations later, atm have been looking at whether it's the inclusion of elite units that gets counted out in the calc.  

So far in my investigation.... non-elite attacks with vs animal equipment looks like the calculations are correct (unless anyone has battle reports to the contrary?).

The calc issue seems to appear when it's elite squads equipped with vs Nature weapons involved.

Anyone with examples to the contrary (and maybe there are some, and I've missed them, in which case - many apologies - please draw them back to my attention in this thread!)

Still looking into it!

Best,

SC
Solanar View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solanar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 22:15
I know *holidays* but BUMP. Don't let this slide to that back of your minds.

TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 15:15
Okay, small delay because I forget getting absolutely annihilated means you don't get a report. 

Initial Scout report:

NPC's forces from NPC Location
Army: A Legion of Scritchers
Troops:Adult Scritchers Adult Scritchers2334
Troops:Elder Scritchers Elder Scritchers679
Troops:Small Scritchers Small Scritchers3063
Troops:Taloned Scritcher Taloned Scritcher270

First army to land was the army "Not Equipped 2", consisting of entirely of bow units, 100 Sentinels and a level 20 (Heroism and Forced March) Elven Trueshot commander. Comprehensively crushed.

Second Scout report:

Troops:Adult Scritchers Adult Scritchers2232
Troops:Elder Scritchers Elder Scritchers649
Troops:Small Scritchers Small Scritchers2927
Troops:Taloned Scritcher Taloned Scritcher258

This unequipped naked army killed a total of 280 enemies.

Second army to land was "Equipped 2". Same troop composition, identical commander, but all 100 units and commander were equipped with Hunter's Bow (+120% vs animals) and Over-padded Leather Armour (+140% vs animals). As an elite division, this +260% vs animals becomes a +520%vs animals, meaning we would expect five times as many kills as the vanilla army (Please correct me if wrong). 

Third Scout report:

Troops:Adult Scritchers Adult Scritchers1984
Troops:Elder Scritchers Elder Scritchers578
Troops:Small Scritchers Small Scritchers2602
Troops:Taloned Scritcher Taloned Scritcher229

This equipped army killed 673 troops. This is about 2.4 times as many as the previous army and not even close to the expected 5.2 times as many kills. 

TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 14:21
I would like to echo GM Stormcrow here and say a massive thank you to everyone who has contributed reports and knowledge to this. I would never have thought so many people would also be interested.

I am about to attack a legion with two separate armies, one equipped and one not, to provide my own reports to the list. I'll report them back in about 20mins. 
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 00:12
This data is all *extremely* useful.

Still analysing, but I send out massive props to everyone in this thread.  Except the mammoths.  We have them, and we're not afraid to use them.

Regards,

SC
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 12:04

Ok! Bring on that freek Wartow. I got crappy stats on my side Big smile
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.
Salamander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salamander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 03:44
  You are probably killing off troops at -16 attack and then getting the bonus only on the survivors

Edited by Salamander - 14 Dec 2020 at 03:45
Was once Samalander until the forum lost my login now Salamander
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 15:15
First report, commander with full heroism and full charge.  In this first attack the commander had a boar spear (no armor, no mount), the troops were without equipment.

Attackers:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Commander: Seymour Knight1Damaged for 11, 189 health remains.
Troops:Charioteers Charioteers20218

Defenders:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Troops:Pups Pups88880
Troops:Wild Dogs Wild Dogs330
Troops:Pack Leaders Pack Leaders550

Second report, same commander but without the boar spear, same number of unit troops without equipment.

Attackers:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Commander: SeymourKnights Knight1Damaged for 10, 179 health remains.
Troops:Charioteers Charioteers20218

Defenders:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Troops:Pups Pups69690
Troops:Wild Dogs Wild Dogs330
Troops:Pack Leaders Pack Leaders440

Second NPC unit is a little smaller than the first.  Terrain was the same for both attacks (plains).  I'm not sure the NPCs are big enough to notice a difference of a knight commander with a boar spear versus that same commander without equipment?

What would be the best parameters to demonstrate what we are looking for here?

The attacks were 24 minutes apart as both NPC parties were close to the city.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic