FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion for developers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 18:37
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

My thoughts are that if a treasure chest system were to be implemented, incorporating it into the existing faction patrols make sense- it gives them something to patrol for. 

Each faction should then drop things related to their race/faction; shards and essences of attributes that correspond to the faction such as fortitude and protection for dwarf factions, crafted equipment in small quantities, wine from trading factions, crafted horses from factions like the apaxu which are know for horse riding. 

Under this, treasure chest may be the wrong term, but instead something like faction shipment.

If/when faction AI fully is released, attacking these shipments could be worked into faction standings.

^^ This.

I'm spending much of this month on things Faction, and I think this is "totes amazeballs awesomesauce", as I believe the youth of today might have it.  

SC
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 23:08
Support random chest drops. Might work best if done rarely, advance notice to build up excitement, and in connection with a game event such as an anniversary, special tourney, seasonal change, or lunar event. Has there ever been an eclipse (except when the system went down for upgrades?)

Also, would be great to get something interesting from factions - especially rare gear, minerals, and herbs where they are mentioned in connection with a faction in game lore
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 17:16
There is a new thread up on the Treasure Chests here: http://https://forum.illyriad.co.uk/topic10897_post107879.html#107879

:)

PublicRelations
HumanResources
yeast View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 18:21
  An alliance stash / inventory in hubs can be great. 
  Authorized member can send, take or trade to alliance stash. Leaders have more power.
  An 2001 web game had guild inventory.
BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 16:31
Id be fine with the intermittant ability to do these things the OP said.  Its not pay2win as it simply makes it so that you dont have to check in so much.  None of it is gamebreaking, its just convenience.  Making research and/or speeding of training IS P2W. 

I would also like Reylges to learn what the "edit" button is for.

The attraction of NPCs is a completely gamechanging thing as far as im concerned.  Ive completely set up my alt to react to the current situation to get the best NPCs and such a spell would change the game so much.

Ive done the "treasure chest" suggestion before in the guise of superpowerful NPCs that drop rare loot.  Something like where there would be only one of the special NPC groups on the entire map at a time...leading to people searching the map for it and it being an actual rare event worth something.  The problem with Illy right now is that there is way too much of everything, the last equip rollout helped, but there really isnt much of anything thats worth a ton anymore because everything is so common.

Edited by BrianN - 29 Aug 2021 at 16:35
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic