illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CDS
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 23:59
After careful deliberation, Tcol has decided to drop its confed with NCrow, effectively ending the CDS initiative. We are doing so in order to protect our friends, who are not pvp oriented, from being dragged into a fight they didn't ask for, and in which they took no part. No war was declared on them, but nonetheless they got targeted by an opponent desperately looking for a "win".

We thank nCrow for their partnership, and for having shown the vision to look past the old divides. We wish them well on any future endeavors, and continue to view them as good friends.

Since the question will undoubtedly come up, this changes nothing about the claim. Tcol continues to view Mal Motsha, Keshalia and Kul Tar (deserts) as its rightful homeland, over which it exerts full authority.

Grom 
BayNights View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayNights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 04:21
We accept Tcol's historic surrender and resignation of the CDS land claim. We also accept the effective liberation of Tamarin, Taomist and Laoshin territories from stated Tcol/CDS control. 

While we understand that many passive CDS members were forced in to this uneasy "initiative" by threat of force from their Mal Motsha neighbors, this surrender does show Illyriad that inappropriate actions have consequences and forced partnerships seldom work. 

We look forward to continued liberation of the Elgean map and the more positive community discussion this will bring.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:51
Who's "We" ?

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:54
You really have problems with comprehensive reading (among other things) don't you? This decision was our own, it has no concequences for Tcol's claim (nCrow and it's potential successor alliance /merger candidates are free to do as they wish with their own claim). 

There is, to reiterate for readers of equally challenged mental capacity as Bay (no judgment here, we all grow at our own pace), no question of surrender or resignation of any kind. Tcol maintains all it's claimed territory, and the only thing that practically changes on our end is the name. From now on the area will simply be called the eastern empire instead of colonial desert state.

By all means though, celebrate this as a win; you do need one. But I think you'll find this one will come at a cost. Not just from reprisals but from the fact that your desperate actions undermine the rhetorical veneer you use to underpin them. 
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 17:27
For those of us who don't know (aka me), what was nCrow's contribution to the CDS? 

Was their inclusion used to expand the size of the claim? 

Was nCrow ever actively involved in enforcing the land claim, or was that solely the job of TCol? Or was nCrow's contribution largely titular? (Can I use that word in the forums?)

spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 18:39
Wow, resorting to personal insults already? You must be real desperate to spin this one your way. You're right, there is no question about whether or not you surrendered or resigned the CDS, since you quite obviously did. "Surrendered", "resigned", "ending", "came crumbling down",....
And after only a small handful of attacks and a couple igms, I might add. 
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 21:59
JJ, they joined because they wanted to maintain their own homelands (claims), andwwe were promoting the idea of claims/homelands in Elgea. We did not fight together, as they were/are not a pvp alliance. I think the best way to view it is two seperate, neighboring, but ideologically different claims running under a umbrella organization/name.

Spektor, there is no need for me to spin anything. You successfully managed to sneak attack a peaceful alliance. I regret this because they did not deserve it. But the formal seperation of the two claims in no way harms Tcol or its territory. It does however goes to show that you are willing to look everywhere, and do anything, to fabricate some narrative of succes you clearly cannot achieve against Tcol itself. 

As for personal attacks, maybe I shouldn't have suggested Bay is stupid. Then again, maybe Bay shouldn't play (one hopes this is the case) dumb.
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 01:05
Haha, you used troops outside your alliance to defend your cities and then cried foul when cities outside your alliance got razed. It's a great comeuppance. 
I am not amused.
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 04:41
Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

but nonetheless they got targeted by an opponent desperately looking for a "win".

Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

It does however goes to show that you are willing to look everywhere, and do anything, to fabricate some narrative of succes you clearly cannot achieve against Tcol itself.

You are misrepresenting your opponents thoughts and motivations to cast them in a negative light. That falls under "spin". Arguing in bad faith is another name for it.

Whereas:

1. We now have military control in Ursor, where you've been driven out.
2. Your "state" has been dissolved as a direct consequence of our actions.

No fabrications of success needed, and no one is desperate.

Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 07:51
We never used outside troops. If you wish to celebrate the dissolution of a union between two already separately operating, but friendly entities then that's your right, but the result doesn't change anything. We never had an interest in Ursor  (which is Ascn's back yard) except one player (Hath) who was slowly moving  to the alliance cluster after joining. You saw that as an easy target and took it. It got you a successful raze, I won't begrudge you that. The rest of his cities got out safe thanks to Josh sacrificing one of his (Josh really is like a red cloth to you, isn't he?). Now you are in an area where neither you, nor us, were ever welcome. 

So no, we're not spinning, you are. Iron used to be much better than this, and I personally feel KoA would be ashamed if he could see your conduct these days. You may find that remark to be below the belt, but perhaps it will cause some reflection on what you were (a pvp alliance challenging the best) , and what you are becoming by organizing sneak attacks on  peaceful farmers. You are, in a very real sense, taking the bad qualities you perceive in Tcol and are turning them up a notch. Whether that's an inherent change in Iron, or just the result of following Bay, I cannot venture to guess. My hope is the latter. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic