illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CDS
    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 15:11
I believe an important distinction needs to be made.

Forced PvP, specifically in instances of players who don't want to do PvP in the first place, definitely can cause abandoning. This type of PvP isn't good for the game.

PvP between alliances and players that actually want PvP is unlikely to cause abandoning, and instead is likely to cause people to stick around as they get to do the stuff they like doing.

If people like the actual war aspects of the game, surely they'd want to fight a willing and capable opponent? If they don't want to fight a willing and capable opponent, then they don't like the war aspects of the game, they like beating up on people who can't defend themselves. 

Where things become muddled is when you declare on an alliance that is closely allied with an alliance you're at war at, to the extent that they are under the same banner with regards to landclaims. It seems likely that a number of accounts in nCrow were supplying TCol with resources, thus a declaration on them could be seen as an attack on the resource base holding up TCol. 

In my opinion, the specific case of nCrow being declared on seems fine, if only because they decided to landclaim. If you landclaim, because enforcing removal of hostile towns is an essential part of keeping a landclaim, you are saying to the world at large that you are willing to participate in PvP. Thus, because nCrow were involved in a landclaim, they advertised willingness to participate in PvP, regardless of whether they actually were willing to participate in PvP.

Edited by eowan the short - 13 Jul 2020 at 15:12
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
willd elff View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willd elff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 14:57
Not me! I am not this rude....
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 03:03
Originally posted by Wild Wild wrote:

Just remind me - both sides here are attempting to cause more players to abandon yes?

Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 20:38
Let me say this first, PVP and military play is not my main focus in the game. I do see PVP / military play as a "necessary evil" in games though and i am willing to defend myself and fight for what i believe in. With PVP i mean players vs. players (or alliances vs alliances), i.e. direct combat for cities (and NOT tournaments).

Just remind me - both sides here are attempting to cause more players to abandon yes?

I do think they are trying to do the opposite. PVP and military play is fun for a lot of players. In addition i do not think that PVP is the main reason players are quitting (it was there for years) - its just to blame something you don't like. The main reason usually is that people get bored or have other priorities - after all most players are playing for multiple years (or even decades).

Goodbye once again the players that used to enjoy illy, forced PvP is BAD for the game. 

I completely disagree. PVP makes the game fun and exiting for a lot of players. In addition it gives you are reason to continue playing it. And yes, there is a lot of non-PVP stuff in Illyriad - but at some point people are going to get bored and then PVP is a good alternative. PVP is a good and easy way to increase the lifetime of a game. It changes by itself (alliances/players/wars change) while all other mechanics kinda stay the same.

I really do not get that some players complain that others use mechanics (PVP) that are in the game and intended by the devs. Why did you start playing Illyriad if you knew there was PVP and you don't like PVP? 
In addition there are ways to avoid wars or PVP (e.g. join a regional non-PVP alliance) - people can (and should) use that more. And well, sometimes you have to fight back against bullies. If you do not like that or are not willing to do it - again, why play a game with PVP?

BrianN View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 19:54
Its tough to tell, but who are you ingame Wild?
Wild View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 16:09

Just remind me - both sides here are attempting to cause more players to abandon yes? I read that TCol are looking like good peeps now - only newbs quitting, have to say, knowing the players that were initially against land claiming alliances, they DO seem worse than the ones scaring away small players that never had a chance to work out even what the "illy politics" were about. They were blessed to never know Ouch

If you could all agree here, that old and new players leaving the game is a bad thing for illy...? Might be some common ground to work on... I for one am tired of two faced bull crap - you know who you are! 

To say one style of play is wrong is one thing, to play dirtier than what you say you are against is another! Server war sound fun? Dead The game was never the same since last time Cry Goodbye once again the players that used to enjoy illy, forced PvP is BAD for the game. 

I for certain am tired of seeing old friends leave... on both sides of the fence, just FFS have some conscience about what you all are trying to achieve... might be the end of of the end before you know it  Clap Please do not be a part of ending, what has become "a happy place" for a decade, for the few of us old timers still here? I actually DO want to keep logging on, for some strange and bizarre reason! Shocked

PLEASE...  (and thanks for reading :)) 

spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 02:19
Delusions?

You mean like stating your opinions and claiming them as facts?
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 22:34
Not getting anywhere seems to be the Iron way. For me this conversation is over. Feel free to ramble on as long as you need to in order to sustain your self-delusions. 

Edited by Grom - 29 Jun 2020 at 22:34
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 21:12
Abandon the name, abandon the players. The fact that you chose to go to the forums rather than defend your confederation with in-game mechanics speaks volumes about you.
I am not amused.
spektor View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 21:02
More non-facts. More spin.
Nope, guess we weren't getting anywhere...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic